News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

^Eh I'm not seeing it.

Also, congrats on a whole page of topic de-railing. Hint-a-dy-hint-hint.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jub3r7

Tagpro. Capture the flag. But with balls.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

mikey

unmotivated

Jub3r7

I've been playing a game called Tag Pro! It's a browser game of capture the flag, but with balls.

::)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

E. Gadd Industries

I will now be gathering my thoughts as to what the story behind Zenge is. Having gone through the pictures several times, things are starting to come together. Somewhat. There are still several unanswered questions, so expect my thoughts to be quick and in no particular order. Also, spoilers have been provided for anyone who wants to experience the story firsthand with no idea what to expect.

Spoiler
So we start with Eon. Based on the app's description, Eon is a lonely traveller, stuck between time & space. We see him next to this gate, which plays a central point throughout the game. The gate appears to be inactive, as Eon is walking away from it, yet by the looks of it, the gate needs three different powers (represented by symbols), and Eon, presumably wanting to activate the gate, is walking somewhere in search of the three powers. He walks to a chasm formation (but if he's stuck between time and space, how is he able to interact with a world?) and there is a ladder. He presumably ascends the ladder and somehow reaches a moon. Upon reaching the moon, things resembling Tetrominoes appear (these are important for later, I guess?), and he climbs onto the pieces as they start flying through space (again, stuck BETWEEN time & space). Eventually, they congeal, forming a sort of primitive ship. The ship nears a star (this, too is important), and upon contacting the star, the star's outer layer opens up, revealing the core. Eon floats out (on some platform?) above the core, and jumps. Suddenly, he appears in this empty area, with two white doors and three stars floating above the doors. The doors open, revealing some sort of crystal (another integral part of the story). Eon approaches the crystal, and somehow attaches a string to it, and he proceeds to draw it out of its holding place, and he starts walking it back to the gate. Going past the gate, he continues his journey to a tower in the midst of a desert-type landscape. Barren. Meanwhile, as he is walking to the tower, another character is shown. This character is very similar to Eon with one glaring difference: this character is made of flames. The flaming character observes Eon's journey from a distance (This character is highly important). Eon continues to the tower, with the crystal, and he walks inside. He ascends to the top of the staircase, to the top of the tower, where he places the crystal. The top part of the tower begins rising above the rest of the tower, floating in the air. A portal forms, and a path reaching out to it from the tower also materialises. Eon begins crossing the bridge, and approaches the portal. As he walks inside the portal, the flaming character reaches the top of the tower & stands next to the crystal. As Eon fades from sight, they reach for the crystal and take it, walking back to the gate. Eon goes through the portal, in which he gains one of the 3 powers needed to activate the gate. Back at the gate, the flaming character uses the crystal's power to project Eon's location onto the gate. It shows him in a frozen wasteland. Back to Eon, he gets on a small iceberg and floats across a river, in which a giant ice cephalopod lives. This thing is massive, and watches the iceberg float down the river. Eventually he reaches an ice shelf, and the cephalopod follows him under the water. He nears an icy castle floating above the river, and the cephalopod attacks, conveniently launching Eon into the castle. He walks inside, seeing a long hall with a chest at the end. The 2nd power. This power, the power of teleportation, warps him to a place that appears to be interdimensional. There, the two powers appear & combine, mirror and teleportation, and teleport him to the mirror of where he just was: to the desert. He's on a path to this strange, green, spiky planet in the middle of the desert, and once on the surface, he walks to a shaft that is connected to an elevator. He rides the elevator down to the bottom, and he reaches a pool. He jumps into the pool and finds the 3rd power. The power of rotation. It rotates the pool, and he swims up to another place. In the middle of a labyrinth. After wandering the labyrinth, he gets stuck in an room-like dead end. A little sprite(?) appears and helps him, projecting a hole through all the walls directly to some stairs just outside the labyrinth. The sprite/tiny character made of light walks with him to the stairs, and after seeing him off, Eon begins going down the winding staircase. When he reaches the bottom, a 4th power erupts from the ground. The power of dilation. Everything around is red. Dark. Foreboding. Eon boards a train of some sort (again, stuck between time and space, so how does this work? Does the train move by itself?), and it carries him a far distance. When he reaches the other end of the tracks, he gets off, and walks to a hole in the wall. Going outside, he's on a mountain, and hovering above the mountain are three rhombi, connected in some sort of formation. Eon reaches the top of the mountain and waves his hands at the formation, and he's transported to a stranger place. There are three tall islands, all connected by rope bridges, with water & grass & such (it looks really cool, actually), and he crosses to the end of the island chain. There, the three symbols that were above the gate are hovering, and Eon releases the three powers. The symbols glow, and he is teleported back to the gate. The gate activates, and on the other side is a hand-drawn world, with the flaming character and a hand-drawn Eon. Eon climbs through, and the hand-drawn Eon disappears. The flaming character and Eon start walking over to a cloud, and they swing on swings hanging from the clouds. After this, while the flaming character is becoming increasingly smaller, the flaming character summons Tetromino-like objects from the ground very similar to those mentioned at the beginning of the story. Eventually, the flaming character basically disappears, and Eon gets on these Tetrominoes, and starts flying again. Suddenly, they start changing shapes: circles, spheres, then boxes, and as he's flying, the screen gradually grows darker. We see the flaming character, still watching Eon (but I thought he disappeared? So who was the flaming character Eon was with?), looking into the gate while it grows dimmer and dimmer, and realising that the crystal's power is fading, he takes the crystal & become a fireball, and flies into space. He begins to fade, and becomes a star with the crystal. As soon as this happens, Eon is thrown out of the gate and the gate deactivates, and he sets off again, on this journey.

A causal loop, in some weird, twisted sense. Eon clearly wants to go into the gate, but what is there? His way back home? There are other questions I asked throughout the story, but the one burning question, the one that would bring light to this whole story: who is the flaming character? Is there more than one? (One in the gate and one outside? Does the flaming character leave the gate and continue watching until the crystal gives out?) If I can figure out the flaming character, everything else should (for the most part) fall into place.
[close]
Thoughts? I realise this was neither quick nor out-of-order, but I really want to figure out the answers to the last questions I asked in the spoiler.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

swimswamit

Night in the Woods !
Has some good music.

Maelstrom

I payed part the price for a copy of NieR Automata with the condition that I could borrow the person's PS4 to play it. So far, it's absolutely spectacular. Easily the best action game I've played in a long time.

daj

Welp, tried going back to Chrono Trigger and failed xD

I stopped playing just before the Black Omen appeared, so um...somehow all the enemies out there are killing me instantly now? Plus, the mechanics are actually kind tricky, with the whole active timer thing going on. Yeeaaahh.

Probably going to restart, ahaha

Hero of Trains

Oh, I just started Chrono Trigger on the DS for the first time! I like how you actually have consequences for your actions, but I also wish someone could have told me that ahead of time. :/

Also Ghost Trick is really good guys. The story and mechanics and characters and just everything is so good!
Spoiler
Lynne is like my favorite character in the game, I love how she just stops caring about dying. I just wish her hair wasn't so weird so I could successfully cosplay her. Also I like how everything fits together so nicely in the end, like how Sissel can't read because he's a cat. I like happy endings and this was a great one.
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

daj

Quote from: Hero of Trains on March 21, 2017, 07:01:42 PMOh, I just started Chrono Trigger on the DS for the first time! I like how you actually have consequences for your actions, but I also wish someone could have told me that ahead of time. :/

not spoilering because chrono trigger

If you're talking about stealing that random person's food just because you had itchy fingers, then yes. xD A heads-up would have been nice. Better still, a proper pop-up:

"Would you like to take his food?
> Yes
No"

Eh, I think you end up in jail either way xD

Hero of Trains

It's not even the actual in game punishment, more that it made me feel bad about my own actions because like I stole that guy's food probably literally 100 times because I wanted all the prizes from that mini game tent. I was really bad at the mini games.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 15, 2017, 10:26:20 AMI payed part the price for a copy of NieR Automata with the condition that I could borrow the person's PS4 to play it. So far, it's absolutely spectacular. Easily the best action game I've played in a long time.
Did I mention it's great?
Because it's even better.

WaluigiTime64

I feel bad for destroying Wire Sponge.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Oh my god I'm so sick of Magna Centipede's theme.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Man, you're really in X2 hell, huh? You planning on going after the X-Hunters?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book