News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Submissions for July 21 Update [Update is up!]

Started by Nintendude73, July 13, 2009, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendude73

READ ALL OF THIS OR I WILL FEED YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO CHIHUAHUA WITH KIDNEY STONES.

I AM NO LONGER FIXING ANYTHING MORE THAN THE MOST MINOR FORMATTING ERRORS.  YOUR SUBMISSION WILL JUST BE REJECTED UNTIL YOU FIX IT.  THE GUIDELINES ARE HERE, THEY ARE INCREDIBLY EASY TO UNDERSTAND: FOLLOW THEM

For the next update. ;D  You may post a single post with 2 songs you think are ready for submission.  I will go through this topic over the course of the week and check the submitted songs.  Hopefully around Sunday-ish, I'll have a selection of songs that are ready for upload and I'll update.

SPECIAL NOTES:  If one or more of your songs did not get accepted in the last thread, you may repost those and ONE more song for submission. Unless I tell you otherwise.  Also, I play favorites.  Work hard and maybe you'll be a favorite, too.  I'm willing to accommodate special interests, but don't just assume you have special permission if I haven't given it to you explicitly.

(All Submission topics are still in this thread, just no longer stickied.)

I now have Finale 2009, so I will be able to fix small formatting issues with songs if that's the only problem.  But PLEASE make this easier on me and just format it correctly yourself the first time.  The easier on me you all are, the longer I'll be able to keep up updates without hating myself and getting frustrated.I WILL ALSO CHECK FOR COPYRIGHT AND NEW NSM URL SO PLEASE EDIT THIS, TOO.  I don't care if the guidelines say it's optional.  I want it.  It looks nicer.

Any extra posts will be deleted.  I will edit your post with rejection reasons, or to tell you it's accepted.  I may accept both or just one or none of your submissions.

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect up to 2 songs for submission
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the submissions here, mus and midi
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will review submissions and either accept or reject, editing your post as necessary
6.  Around Sunday, I'll close the thread to submissions
7.  When I start the update, I'll close the thread to revisions
8.  All of the songs I have accepted will be uploaded and we'll start this circus again

Got it?  If yes, make your post and submit your songs!  If not, PM me with questions.  Don't muck up my nice thread.

Questions I've Received (or made up):
-Do I need to break up a medley? No, it counts as one submission
-Do I have to include copyright and the site URL?  Yes.  The copyright is just <Publisher> © <Year Published> without the <> obviously.  The URL is http://ninsheetm.us/
-How do I make a MIDI? Open the MUS in Finale, click File>Save As... and choose MIDI from the dropdown list.
-When can we submit? Now!  Just do it.
-How can I respond to your comments in my post? Edit your post or PM me.
-What if I disagree with your rejection comments? Edit your post to appeal.  If it starts getting too long-winded we'll take it to PM.
-Can I still submit after you've swept-through the posts? Yes.  You can submit up until Sunday.

Swordomar

Here's mine:

Submission:
[NDS] - Final Fantasy III - "Doga and Unei Theme" - Nobuo Uematsu (.mus) (.mid)

Nintendude73: Accepted, thank you.  Only problems were some nitpicky formatting issues.  And for copyright, please format it as "Company (C) Year Published."  I fixed it for you this time.
Visit my Submissions Page =D
Finale Reader, a free solution for opening .mus files

chipmunk884

Submissions:
[NDS] Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - "Trucy" - Chipmunk884 MUS MIDI

Note 1: Again, made in 2009, but this time I remembered to follow exactly how sheets are supposed to be formated.  Enjoy :)

Nintendude73: Perfectly formatted, thanks, but almost the entire song consists of notes that are doubled between the two staffs.  Seems kind of silly to me.

Me: Does that mean it isn't accepted?  I know that the notes are doubled, but there honestly isn't another part that would work well for the bass clef, so doubling the notes (which does exist in the original music) seems like the best option.

Nintendude73: If there's no bass part, don't include anything.  It's pointless to double the notes because a person can't play the doubled ones.

ALPRAS

ME :)

[N64] Banjo Kazzoie
"Spiral Mountain" (Duet) MUS  MIDI  MP3  (PS: The MIDI link doesnt work. Ill fix it later)

[Wii]Super Mario Galaxy
"Purple Comet" MUS MIDI

Nintendude73: I still have a problem with the rhythm of the melody in measures 50-51.  Listening to it against the original, it just doesn't sound right.

Nintendude73: OK, I fixed the melody of the Purple Comet arrangement measure 50-52, but the bass line doesn't fit the new melody and I don't know how to fix that... let me know what you think: http://www.mediafire.com/?fgnn0zt1utn

Spiral Mountain has formatting issues and I'm not so sure about the first measure.  I kind of see what you were trying to do with it, but I just don't think that banjo translates well to piano.  Simpler in this case may be better.

Nintendude73: Those are improved and accepted.  Thank you!

Petpetfood

Submission
Banjo Kazooie- King Sandybutts maze. [Mus] [Midi]
I fixed it up.

Nintendude73: The arrangement is fine, so it's accepted, but you had some serious formatting errors that I won't fix next time.  The formatting I want is laid out for you in the What should your submission look like? thread with the exception of the URL given (which was not a problem for you anyway).  Don't add periods to the end of the song title and game name.  Make sure to italicize what needs italicized.

Ok, sorry about that. I know how to format it now.

Composer #40

Submission:

[GBA] Final Fantasy IV - "Battle Theme (Revision)" - Commander6 (midi)
[GBA] Final Fantasy IV - "The Dreadful Fight (Revision)" - Commander6 (midi)

Nintendude73: I always look forward to checking your submissions.  I'll check those sections in your thread that you said were ready.  These are both accepted of course.  The Dreadful Fight is an awesome song.

It happens Every. Day!

mantis985

-[PS2] Dark Cloud 2 "Menu" arr. mantis985
           mus-http://www.mediafire.com/?omnynmzjatm
           midi-http://www.mediafire.com/?zjztfmzthzk

-[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog "Green Hill Zone"  arr. by mantis985
          mus-http://www.mediafire.com/?ezjdw201lxi
          midi-http://www.mediafire.com/?0gjnc2zywd1

Nintendude73: Menu is accepted.  That sounds like way too happy of a song to be in a game called Dark Cloud, but then again I've never seen the actual game.  :P  I added an 8va to the last line, just personal preference.  Thank you for formatting correctly.

I was really surprised to see we don't have an arrangement of Green Hill Zone on the site, then I realized it was probably one of the songs grimace took with him when he left.  Your arrangement is good, added an 8va to the last measure, again just personal preference.  Formatted correctly except you bolded the arranger line... big deal.  Thanks!

HugoMeister

[GBC] Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Show Me Around" - HugoMeister
Mus | Mid

[GBC] Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Menu" - HugoMeister
Mus | Mid

Nintendude73: Both accepted, thank you for formatting correctly.  Menu's kind of a boring song, but the Show Me Around theme has always been one of my favorite little tunes from the Pokemon games for some reason.  So catchy. :P

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

jake3343

[GB] Link's Awakening - "Level 2 - Bottle Grotto" - Jake3343 (This is to replace the current "Bottle Grotto")
mus | midi

[GB] Link's Awakening - "Trendy Game" - Jake3343 (This is to replace the current "Trendy Game")
mus | midi

Nintendude73: Both accepted.  I was skeptical about Bottle Grotto at first but listening to the original, yours definitely seems more accurate and much cleaner.  Thank you for formatting correctly (except next time try to remember to put quotes around the song title).

Tranzlater

[NES]-Mother/Earthbound Zero-"Snowman"-Tranzlater
MUS
MIDI
[GBA]-Mother 3(Japan)-"Love Theme"-Tranzlater
MUS
MIDI

Nintendude73: Both accepted, nice arrangements, but please watch your formatting.  Lots of little things that make the sheet look messy.  I fixed it this time.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Nana1Popo2

[ARC] Ms. Pac-Man - "Ms. Pac-Man Medley" - Nana1Popo2
MUS MID

Nintendude73: Accepted, nice job.  Just always remember to include the title of the game, even if it painfully obvious from the song title. :P
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Tangy

[GBC] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Lavender Town"   MUS  ~  MIDI

Nintendude73: Whoa, deja vu.  I didn't realize the tune was different between the two games.  I added some 8vas (which I know you can't do with Notepad, so no worries).  Thanks for formatting.  Accepted.

Brassman388

[SNES] Super Mario World "Athletic" Brassman388
     Mus...
     Midi...

[SNES] Donkey Kong II "Krook's March" Brassman388
     Mus...
     Midi...

From the Desk of the Nintendude73: Got your email.  I see no need to edit the post with the files, but just know that I have them and will check them out.

Brassman: Alright, works for me, as long as you got them.

Nintendude73: Nice work, both accepted.  I'm assuming Athletic is up as a replacement.  Please try to limit yourself on the duets though, if possible...

Brassman: That's going to be a bit difficult, only because most of my arrangements are for 4 hands.

Nintendude73: Eh, whatever.  Just keep making them awesome, and I'll keep accepting them until someone important says to stop.

WiiMan96

Submissions:

[WII] - Super Paper Mario - "Sammer's Kingdom" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[PS2] - Final Fantasy X - "Auron's Theme" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

Nintendude73: Sammer's Kingdom is accepted.  Wow, Auron's Theme is long and repetitive.  So many of the red notes ask for unplayable reaches (2 octaves, really?), but I don't see anything you can do about it and both parts are vital to the song (without the red it would be even more boring).  So that's accepted, too, though I wish there were a better way.  Thanks for formatting correctly.

MaestroUGC

[NES] The Legend of Zelda-"Overworld"-MaestroUGC
MUS MID

[NES] The Legend of Zelda-"Overworld"-MaestroUGC
MUS MID

[NES] Super Mario Bros.-"Underwater"-MaestroUGC
MUS MID

Nintendude73: The simpler Overworld theme will replace the current Overworld theme on the site, the other version will be put up as "Overworld-Virtuoso," and the Underwater theme will be put up as "Underwater-Virtuoso."  Wow, that arrangement of Underwater is fantastic.  I would love to see someone play that live.  Very cool.

MaestroUGC: Well, if I ever get a camera...

Nintendude73: Hopefully you do at some point!  Or borrow one!
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.