News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Brawl is finally here!

Started by chipmunk884, March 09, 2008, 06:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiny Boy

Thanks, Shadoninja.
Combos are consecutive hits...I think. The best way I've found to rack them up is to have the CPU at one end of Final Destination, then spawn a bunch of Smart Bombs (four) around him. Walk away, spawn another Smart Bomb, and throw it at him/her. Then run.
Racks up at least 100 every time. And looks hilarious.
Another fun thing to do in Training: make 5 gooey bombs and quickly throw all of them at the CPU. It looks really funny, I won't spoil it.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

Shadoninja

oh, if  smart bombs work, then I probably made a boxed level, put smart bombs on each side where it's just enough to hit the other side near the end of the smart bomb animation, then just hit the item spawn button on the menu.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Shiny Boy

That is a REALLY good Idea.
Will have to try that later.
PS...did it bug anyone how The FINAL final battle didn't give anything? I guess I need to do it on Normal and Hard.
Normal Final Battle wasn't that hard, even on Hard mode. But still no reward.
I play Final Destination a lot less in this game, probably because it's a starting stage.

KefkaticFanatic

Final Destination is a terrible stage.  It gives a total advantage to anyone that has a ranged attack, is an incredibly boring stage, has too small of a fighting area, and is only for the failures at the game that make excuses to have no items and play only there because they really suck at all aspects of the game except the c-stick and can't deal with the strategy it takes to avoid/use stage hazards or items.

me irl
[close]

razer84

Quote from: gamer4251 on March 23, 2008, 01:52:25 PMFinal Destination is a terrible stage.  It gives a total advantage to anyone that has a ranged attack, is an incredibly boring stage, has too small of a fighting area, and is only for the failures at the game that make excuses to have no items and play only there because they really suck at all aspects of the game except the c-stick and can't deal with the strategy it takes to avoid/use stage hazards or items.

QTF, QED

damn commies.

Shadoninja

Quote from: gamer4251 on March 23, 2008, 01:52:25 PMFinal Destination is a terrible stage.  It gives a total advantage to anyone that has a ranged attack, is an incredibly boring stage, has too small of a fighting area, and is only for the failures at the game that make excuses to have no items and play only there because they really suck at all aspects of the game except the c-stick and can't deal with the strategy it takes to avoid/use stage hazards or items.
it's supposed to be a neutral stage.

KefkaticFanatic

Well neutral except for the fact that anyone that has  a ranged attack instantly has an advantage.

me irl
[close]

blah54

take to the air, use dodges... projectiles can be avoided, it can be just as much of a disadvantage when you're charging an arrow or shooting a laser when the opponent is close enough for an easy hit... i think that projectile users have a GREATER advantage on stages with hazards because there are the stage hazards to worry about as well...

my only problem with final destination is that (similarly to some other stages), you can get stuck under the stage while trying to recover if you're not careful... whereas on some stages you can "slide" up the side of the stage, but final destination and some other stages just get you stuck (and you pay for it)
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

KefkaticFanatic

How do projectile users NOT have an advantage?  I mean, look at Final Destination vs. Battlefield.  Both are considered "neutral" stages, but Battlefield is much more neutral because it stops the projectile users from having an advantage because of its other platforms.

me irl
[close]

Shadoninja

KefkaticFanatic

>.> I'm just saying that since the stage is flat with nowhere to jump up or anything, the ranged attacks get a little advantage.  Yes, you can dodge the attacks, but that isn't the point.  You can dodge anywhere.

me irl
[close]

Shiny Boy

Gamer is right...but only concerning regular Brawls. FD is much more fun than other stages for duels and such. And isn't it *the* training stage? Isn't that why it came up in discussion?

Gu4n

I win 9/10 times at Final Destination versus long-range fighters. If you have disadvantage, just make sure you're better than you're opponent.

KefkaticFanatic

Well, we all know that advantage =/= skill or whether you win or not.

me irl
[close]