Save a Character: Round 3- Hero/Villain

Started by SirIngusBingus, July 01, 2009, 08:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirIngusBingus

This is a working list I came up with. If anyone can add to it, that would help, or if you all hate the topic, we can change it.
START THE GAME!

Mario/Bowser
Link/Ganon
Samus/Mother Brain
Ness/Porky
Warriors of Light/Cloud of Darkness
Paper Mario/Mr. L
Simon Belmont/Dracula
Kirby/Dedede
Pokemon Trainer/Team Rocket
Sonic/Eggman
Animal Crossing Boy/Tom Nook
Chrono/Magus
Cloud/Sephiroth
DK/King K. Rool
Max/Flotsam
Ike/Black Knight
Fox/Andross
Smash Bros/Master Hand
Ratchet & Clank/Dr. Nefarious

But it definitely needs to be longer before we start. START!!!

kotorfanboy

BEFORE THIS STARTS:

Let me help you out a bit. The current way Save a Character is being played is flawed: one single person can dictate the outcome of the entire game by choosing who to save in the final round. How to avoid this? As the list dwindles as the rounds go on, you need to make it so each item on the save list needs multiple saves to move on to the next level. The amount of saves obviously depends on our amount of active users, and judging by this forum, we shouldn't increase the amount too quickly. But, for example, if we have 20 items on the list, maybe after 5 are down now 2 saves are required to be saved? And maybe after 10 are down it can go up to 3? And it could increase semi-exponentially until the final 2 can be 8 saves or something--so it's truly a victory.

We can go about this as we've been so far: each person posts the new list, so if you saved a person in one of the later rounds, you'd just put a tally next to the person you want to save until the necessary amount to be moved to the safe list has been reached. Or, the topic creator could update every now and then. Either one works, and I don't care which we use. But if we want to make Save a Character a legitimate game, we have to make these adaptations. This way, some strongly disliked item on the list can't keep moving on to the next round because of one stubborn user constantly saving it; a better representation of how the forum feels and who should win.

We could spice it up even more if we wanted to. I've seen on other forums where one person is designated to write an obituary for each dead item. Just makes the game a little more fun. We can think of something else to make it more unique, but just throwing the idea out there.

tl;dr Fix the system by requiring more than one save to move to the safe list as the rounds go on.

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: kotorfanboy on July 01, 2009, 09:04:21 PMtl;dr Fix the system by requiring more than one save to move to the safe list as the rounds go on.

lol, i agree :P

it should be up to more than one person to be able to decide whether or not someone is saved.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

GreekGeek

Since I know some of us aren't responsable enough *looks at GreekGeek*

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: kotorfanboy on July 01, 2009, 09:04:21 PMBEFORE THIS STARTS:

Let me help you out a bit. The current way Save a Character is being played is flawed: one single person can dictate the outcome of the entire game by choosing who to save in the final round. How to avoid this? As the list dwindles as the rounds go on, you need to make it so each item on the save list needs multiple saves to move on to the next level. The amount of saves obviously depends on our amount of active users, and judging by this forum, we shouldn't increase the amount too quickly. But, for example, if we have 20 items on the list, maybe after 5 are down now 2 saves are required to be saved? And maybe after 10 are down it can go up to 3? And it could increase semi-exponentially until the final 2 can be 8 saves or something--so it's truly a victory.

We can go about this as we've been so far: each person posts the new list, so if you saved a person in one of the later rounds, you'd just put a tally next to the person you want to save until the necessary amount to be moved to the safe list has been reached. Or, the topic creator could update every now and then. Either one works, and I don't care which we use. But if we want to make Save a Character a legitimate game, we have to make these adaptations. This way, some strongly disliked item on the list can't keep moving on to the next round because of one stubborn user constantly saving it; a better representation of how the forum feels and who should win.

We could spice it up even more if we wanted to. I've seen on other forums where one person is designated to write an obituary for each dead item. Just makes the game a little more fun. We can think of something else to make it more unique, but just throwing the idea out there.

tl;dr Fix the system by requiring more than one save to move to the safe list as the rounds go on.
That sounds good. The only problem is I won't be able to bash GreekGeek when he makes a desicion. ;)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

Sounds good. We'll use that.

Now, we need more on this list.

kotorfanboy

Crono/Magus

And we could consider a different list, too, if anyone has one.

SirIngusBingus

Added^

Any more? I'm surprised SFK hasn't suggested a Dark Cloud pair yet.

Brassman388

Cloud/Sephiroth
Locke/Kefka
Squall/Seifer

Uhh... Those are the only ones that I really played. I'm gonna need a Final Fantasy savvy for this list to grow.

Nana1Popo2

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 01, 2009, 08:04:10 PMAnimal Crossing Boy/Tom Nook
How does that work? Shouldn't it be Animal Crossing Boy/That one fox guy?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 04, 2009, 01:22:09 PM
Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 01, 2009, 08:04:10 PMAnimal Crossing Boy/Tom Nook
How does that work? Shouldn't it be Animal Crossing Boy/That one fox guy?

maybe better yet, Tom Nook/Redd ?

SuperFireKirby

But he doesn't rip off Tom Nook. Also I suggest Max/Flotsam.(Dark Cloud 2). Just because of Ingus's comment about it.

Edit: Also Pikmin/Olimar. Just think about it. Olimar is a foreiner that has come onto a planet enslaved the local pikin and forced them to do his bidding no matter how many of their lives it takes. Sounds like a villain to me.

GreekGeek

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 04, 2009, 08:27:41 AMThat sounds good. The only problem is I won't be able to bash GreekGeek when he makes a desicion. ;)
That's a shame indeed. I'm really sorry.

SuperFireKirby