News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

PS3 Games to buy?

Started by SirIngusBingus, June 30, 2009, 08:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirIngusBingus

Well, I just got a PS3 (mainly cause it's only slightly more expensive than a Blu-Ray player), and I want to know which games are the best.

WiiMan96

- Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- Assassin's Creed
- Soul Calibur IV

Varying styles in the games above, but they are all very good. Ratchet is an epic 3D platformer, Uncharted an action adventure game not dissimilar to Tomb Raider (the first 2), Assassin's Creed a well-thought out violent action / stealth game with awesome graphics and just a lot of fun, and Soul Calibur a classic arcade-style fighter.

Haven't yet got MGS4 or GTAIV but they're supposed to be pretty damn awesome too.

SirIngusBingus

Tell me how these games are:

inFamous
LittleBig Planet
RE5

They were other suggestions I had.

Quote from: WiiMan96 on June 30, 2009, 10:26:11 PMUncharted an action adventure game not dissimilar to Tomb Raider (the first 2)
Does Uncharted star Lara Croft? 'Cause there's really not too many other reason to play a Tomb Raider game.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 01, 2009, 09:53:26 AMTell me how these games are:

inFamous
LittleBig Planet
RE5

They were other suggestions I had.

Quote from: WiiMan96 on June 30, 2009, 10:26:11 PMUncharted an action adventure game not dissimilar to Tomb Raider (the first 2)
Does Uncharted star Lara Croft? 'Cause there's really not too many other reason to play a Tomb Raider game.
I played the demo of inFamous. It was developed by the Sucker Punch who were the guys behind Sly Cooper. The demo was really fun but according to my friend, the actual game is kind of short.

Littlebig Planet was AWESOME. Its hands down the best PS3 exclusive on the market right now. If you like sandbox games, you'll love it.

Not sure about RE5 though. Haven't played it.

Now on to my own recommendation.

When it comes out, get the White Knight Chronicles. It hasn't been released in the U.S yet but it looks awesome. Its an RPG so you'll find it to your liking and it was developed by Level-5 who are strictly RPG and made the Dark Cloud games and Lost Oddesey. All of which were great games so I expect the same out of this one.

Edit: And it uses the Real-Time Battle Sytem which is to your liking I'm pretty sure.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

WiiMan96

Uncharted does not star Lara Croft. The genre is ultimately the same, but Uncharted is WAY better than the Tomb Raider games.

LittleBigPlanet is epic win.

inFamous is supposed to be really good, but on the shorter side. There are a few collectibles, correct me if I'm mistaken. Haven't played this myself.

RE5, haven't played, and don't really know anyone who has. Except for that one guy. Who said it's really good, just not as good as RE4.

Valkyria Chronicles is supposedly awesome, if you're into JRPGs and can actually find it in stores.

KefkaticFanatic

Frank tells me LBP is just a mediocre platformer.  That is generally what I hear from people.

me irl
[close]

WiiMan96

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 01, 2009, 05:22:43 PMFrank tells me LBP is just a mediocre platformer.  That is generally what I hear from people.

It's got charming characters and environments, and some unique ideas are implemented in the platforming aspect of things. Really, only people who love sandbox games and/or platformers will get full enjoyment out of it, though. I'd say its probably a 'love it or hate it' sorta game.

Kinda like Noby Noby Boy.  :P

SirIngusBingus

So far, SFK has won me over with White Knight Chronicles.

I'll have to read into LBP. Same with RE5.

Uncharted sounds interesting, but I don't plan on buying many games for this thing, so I may have to pass. Same with Valkyria.

Definitely gettin' Ratchet & Clank, Soulcalibur, and Assassin's Creed, though.

WiiMan96

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 01, 2009, 06:40:52 PMDefinitely gettin' Ratchet & Clank, Soulcalibur, and Assassin's Creed, though.

You better. ;)

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

PseudoMario16

Bioshock, Farcry 2 is okay, Fallout 3 and Prototype are all pretty good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

PseudoMario16

I hear they're making another sly cooper. is that true at all?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

SuperFireKirby

I'm not sure, but that would be pretty awsome, since I have all three so far and a fourth would be nice.

Gu4n

Still doubting about BioShock. Didn't especially like the demo, even though I gave it three shots.

The Fallout 3 Game of the Year-edition (Fall 2009) is one I'll get for sure and I'm not sure whether I should import Final Fantasy XIII (Winter 2009).