News:

Main Menu

E3 2009

Started by SuperFireKirby, May 29, 2009, 11:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirIngusBingus

I saw that bit with Milo, and it cleared most of my fears. Unless that was a scam, then everything should be awesome.

I'm just a bit afraid that this will be the beginning of computers taking over the world....

KefkaticFanatic

I'm pretty sure that the fact that they could move their arms around and it perfectly emulates that on screen shows that it's pretty damn good.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

I have a nagging suspicion that Milo's voice was provided by someone backstage. I was once in Disney World, and there was this attraction where you could talk to the sea turtle from Finding Nemo. I went in to see how it worked, and it was someone backstage controlling the voice and such.

I believe Microsoft could pull this off, but think of the amount of memory and power that kind of program would require to run 1:1. It seems like you would need an entire console devoted specifically to Milo.  :-\

Harvest

Who the hell is Milo?
-

Sir Awesomesauce

Watched the whole Microsoft part, and was super impressed by what was developed so far, mainly the Natal (although Milo was kind of impressive, albeit uncanny valleyish). Although I have the same fears with it as I did with Nintendo. I don't know if they can implement it into gaming without becoming gimmicky. Oh well, I guess it's up to the developers now.

Quote from: Harvest on June 01, 2009, 08:01:32 PMWho the hell is Milo?
Lionhead's virtual boy.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

KefkaticFanatic

...great.  Thanks Nintendo, gimmicky 4 player Mario Bros.  Exactly what we wanted.

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

But but, liek Wii Fit Plus!

\o/

SuperFireKirby

I only got to watch the last ten minutes of Nitendo press conference(damn you school!) but  Dead Space: Extraction, the upcoming metroid(which looks way better than Prime 3 was), and the conduit looked pretty sweet even though I'd known about the Conduit for a while now.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jamaha

Sir Awesomesauce

I couldn't tell if the Metroid game was in 1st or 3rd person. Oh well, I'm sure it will be good. :)

Not mentioning any Zelda makes me sad though. And meh at SMG2.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

KefkaticFanatic

Mario Galaxy 2.  Fuck you Nintendo.  Metroid.  Yay.

So they said it was third person, but does that mean sidescroller or third person shooter?

Also, Wii Vitality Sensor.

Oh, and now Sony has a motion controller that apparently rapes the Wii.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

Metroid looks to swith back and forth between 1st shooter and 3rd sidescroller.  :D

Wth do they think is going to happen with the vitality senser? NO ONE CARES. Actually, most of their conference was devoted to casual gamers. WHY? E3 IS A GAMING CONVENTION. It's only us hardcore nerds who are actually watching it!!!

Same thing with the Women's Murder Club, Wii Fit+, and Style Savvy. WHO GIVES A ****?

Galaxy 2 looks alright, but I was hoping they were gonna say Sunshine 2.

When they said '4' and 'Super Mario', I was thinking: "No way! SMB4!" But no, we get multiplayer Mario instead.

Beyond that, pretty much everything they showed, we already knew about.

BTW, why is it they showed nothing from Spirit Tracks? They were like: "Oh yeah, and we're making a new Zelda game. Buy it when it comes out."

And that marketing lady really  >:(ed me.

Dude

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on June 02, 2009, 02:03:44 PMWHO GIVES A ****?
You really shouldn't be afraid to say "Fuck".

...no offense.

SirIngusBingus

Actually, I was thinking 'shit' or 'crap'. Whatever floats your boat, Dude.

Harvest

Assassins Creed 2 looks epic.
-