Guide to Making a Proper Request - READ BEFORE POSTING! (Updated: 7/03/12)

Started by KefkaticFanatic, May 27, 2009, 08:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

BEFORE YOU MAKE A REQUEST!
Please use the forum search feature to make sure that it hasn't already been arranged!  There is a chance that the person has not submitted it for the update yet, or is still waiting for the update.  You should also check the In Progress Topic to see if somebody is already at work on the song.

Do NOT make generic request threads. Make specific requests.

Note: This section of the forum is only for requesting a piano arrangement of a song.  If you're looking to make a special request for an orchestral arrangement or one for another instrument, please take that to the "Music" section.

Topic Title Format

In the Subject, you should post in this format:

Quote[Console ID] Game Title - "Song Title"

For example:

Quote[PC] Touhou 10 - "Native Faith"

Acceptable Console IDs:
See this topic: Console abbreviations

If you're going to make multiple requests from the same game, stick them all in one topic with something like:

Quote[SNES] Chrono Trigger - Multiple Songs

Please be reasonable here, requesting 10+ tracks or straight up an entire OST is not reasonable.

If you're going to request a large amount of songs all from different games, unless they are from the same franchise (e.g. Mario), put them all in separate threads for each game series. Before posting, consider if it is necessary for you to stick your requests all in one thread.

Do:
QuoteMultiple songs from The Legend of Zelda
QuoteMultiple songs from Kirby
Quote[MUL] Sonic the Hedgehog Series - Multiple Songs

Don't:
QuoteMultiple songs from Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Team Fortress 2

Request Format

In the topic itself, please post a link to an mp3 or youtube video of the song itself.

How to get youtube links - Links from the address bar will also work

Post a link with this:
[url=Insert URL]mp3/Youtube/Song Title[/url]
Or a video with this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ[/youtube]Any helpful information should follow!  For instance, if you know the key signature or tempo, please let us know!

If you think anything should be added to this please post in the thread.

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

What are the chances of getting this stickied?

KefkaticFanatic

About the same as the chances of JaMaHa or Concerto checking their PM box.

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

Brassman388

Concerto No.20 in D minor

kotorfanboy

You should do some formatting/bolding/coloring to make the guide a little more appealing to the eye, and a little more organized. Perhaps even a code box for the "formula" to set it aside from the rest of the text more effectively.

KefkaticFanatic

The code box has a bunch of useless space, so I'll just use a quote box.  There's not much more formatting I can do with it that doesn't just make it annoying, so there you go.

me irl
[close]

Dude

KefkaticFanatic

I was too lazy to put in the actual name.  Most people would know what I mean.

me irl
[close]

Cobraroll

Is there a way to mark a request as... fulfilled(?). Just to see what songs were requested and arranged, and which requests that are yet to be transcribed? In the (way-out-of-the-rules) request topic I made ages ago, I have marked all arranged songs with a strikethrough, but it's a little awkward to actually enter the topic each time you search the forum for old requests.

Should we make it a policy to change the topic title or symbol when the request is fulfilled? And what should the standard symbol/text be?

And do anyone understand me, I feel that I mess a lot with the words here...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

GreekGeek

Yeah Cobra, I know what you mean. Maybe the person who made the topic could place a smily in front of the topic title, like " :D". Then people know the requests have been fulfilled.

KefkaticFanatic

Delete the topic.  You can do that.  The person that has fulfilled the request should be placing the song in their post in the In Progress topic.

me irl
[close]

Shadoninja

Quote from: GreekGeek on June 14, 2009, 09:42:27 PMYeah Cobra, I know what you mean. Maybe the person who made the topic could place a smily in front of the topic title, like " :D". Then people know the requests have been fulfilled.
Quote from: Cobraroll on June 14, 2009, 12:40:09 PMIs there a way to mark a request as... fulfilled(?). Just to see what songs were requested and arranged, and which requests that are yet to be transcribed? In the (way-out-of-the-rules) request topic I made ages ago, I have marked all arranged songs with a strikethrough, but it's a little awkward to actually enter the topic each time you search the forum for old requests.

Should we make it a policy to change the topic title or symbol when the request is fulfilled? And what should the standard symbol/text be?

And do anyone understand me, I feel that I mess a lot with the words here...

*waves*

now for the people in the present. As I'm the newly appointed Request Janitor, I'm going to adjust some of the formatting.

The title order shall be reversed thusly:
Quote[[Console ID] Game Title - "Song Title"/Multiple Songs (?/?)

This will make it easier to sort by "Subject" and find threads requesting the same game/franchise/console.
(?/?) will be used for multiple song threads when there are some requests fulfilled but not all.
*Claimed* will be used when a request is claimed with (?/?) denoting the number of songs that are claimed in multiple song threads.
Decided not to do this and instead just change the message icon to a thumbs up.

If you have any suggested changes to the format I suggest, please send it to me as soon as possible.

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Arceus79

Where do I post game consoles that are missing? The Sega Genesis is missing...

Master of Wind: Arceus79