Tangy's Arrangements - (12/01/2014) Pokefan Encounter (Pokemon ORAS)

Started by Tangy, May 03, 2009, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

pumpy_heart

This is such a nice piece. Thanks for arranging it!
The first measure looks a little sloppy and could look more natural using the second, third, and fourth layers instead of all those ties. And in measure 22, use C# in the left hand. Shows the chromatically ascending parallel fourths. Use sharps in the left hand in 22-23 too to show the harmonic function of the chords.
Good job!

Tangy

Thank you, "finale tech support"! xD You guys are a lot nicer than some of the people on the actual finale support forums... ("This is listed in the manual. Do you know how to read?")

Thanks for the nice comments. :)

Quote from: pumpy_heart on February 11, 2012, 07:30:14 PMThis is such a nice piece. Thanks for arranging it!
The first measure looks a little sloppy and could look more natural using the second, third, and fourth layers instead of all those ties. And in measure 22, use C# in the left hand. Shows the chromatically ascending parallel fourths. Use sharps in the left hand in 22-23 too to show the harmonic function of the chords.
Good job!

Thanks for catching the sharps thing... I've fixed that. I also changed the right hand in bar 22-23 to all sharps which I think is correct. I also changed bar 21 to all sharps, but since the F is natural, should they be flats? I'm a bit rough on music theory.

Not sure about the first measure. To me, it looks worse with different layers, especially since there'd be four (might look better if there were no rests... finale tech, help? lol). I guess another thing I could do would be to use the sustain pedal, but I thought the ties would be more accurate. Thanks for your input!

Olimar12345

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on February 11, 2012, 03:07:28 PMOr press P again to cycle between the two ;)
I did not know that! Thank you! (Of course, I use the speedy entry tool so much that I'll probably never need to use that, but it's great to know!)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tangy

Taser9090

Hey, awesome! Sounds pretty good!

Are you planning to do other Tengoku songs? There were a lot of catchy songs that would sound good on the piano, like the baseball one, the magic waltz, and other great stuff.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Tangy

Thanks! I want to try to do night walk next. If I'm feeling ambitious, I might try the magic waltz, polyrhythm, stealth rat, bon odori, or toran and porin. A lot of them would translate well to piano, but the rhythms in some of them are a bit complicated.

Shadoninja

Don't do Polyrhythm because I'm working on those. It's odd that, from what I remember, most rhythm tengoku songs don't "end".
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Tangy

Got it, sorry about that. I don't usually check the forums for who's working on what until right before I start the arrangement. Can't wait to hear your arrangement! :)

And yeah, I think a good half of them don't have an ending on them, which is sort of annoying. xD

Tangy

I hope this forum doesn't have rules about bumping old threads... it's only been over two years, so.

Printer Error (Pokemon Yellow / G/S/C)
*Midi*
*PDF*
*Original*

Couldn't find this on the site, so I made it. Behold, the scariest video game song of my childhood. If anybody could tell me if I did those accidentals correctly, that would be lovely. Also, in the first two bars I'm not sure if the C# falls on the 4th beat (which is what I put on the sheets) or half a beat before that. ...It's been a very long time.

Sebastian

Tangy

Pokefan Encounter (Pokemon ORAS)
*Midi*
*Original*

This is a totally new soundtrack as far as I know (AKA not from the original R/S/E). Super catchy. Translated well to solo piano. Does anybody know who the composer is? I can't find the information online yet and I haven't seen the game credits because I'm not even halfway through yet.

My PDF thing is being weird so I don't have a PDF version for the time being.