News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

SSBM - Pichu - GRAWR!

Started by Dekudude, March 05, 2008, 08:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekudude

Hey guys! I am in a sort of dilemma, and I would really appreciate your guys' help!

Now, a few months ago, a friend somehow got me to promise that I would get REALLY good at Pichu, meaning, better than my brother at his best character.. and my brother is one of those really good, annoying, and cocky players, so playing with him gets quite maddening. If I were to just give up, that'd be fine, as I'm sure she has forgotten about the promise by now, but always being the good guy... I'm still doing it.

Now, the problem: Brawl comes out to the US in four days... and Pichu won't be in it... and I REALLY don't want to be stuck playing Melee with Brawl on the loose... so I have to be able to almost always beat my brother... as Pichu. I mean, I don't necessarily have to WIN, but I need to be certain that I am BETTER than him... if that makes sense.

EXAMPLE: Assume you were to play me in a 5 life stock match.... however, when you die, and start again, you have 999% damage... but I always restart at 0%. Now, we fight, and I win, but you managed to kill me three times. Who's better? You are! You had a major disadvantage, but still did well, and thus, though you lost, you are better.

I need to find a way to prove that I am better than my brother, while I'm Pichu, and he isn't. His character is Samus, if you must know, so he's firing stuff all over the place.. and of course, if I get anywhere close, he can kick me, and I go flying. However, because Pichu is Pichu, I'm actually pretty good at him... but I need to be CERTAIN that I'm BETTER than HE is. How might I go about doing that? :P I'm better at battles with over two people... but when we are doing one-on-one matches, Pichu's pretty much screwed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! You KNOW you have all SORTS of Pichu tricks you are just dying to share, right?

KINGOFTH3CASTLE

use mid-air dodge a lot against samus.

i know pichu hurts itself using electric attacks so use those less often.

I'm good with fox so i can reflect attacks. ;D
all hail the king of the castle

Akiro

Well, you are screwed against samus, mise as well give up  ;D jk

Shervin

try learning how to power guard projectiles..

if not that

i think pichu is small enough that you can hold down and go under the missle.. i dont know for sure though.

and if not THAT

your thunder jolt neutral b attack will destroy his missles i am sure

and

while approaching him i suppose you could try to jump fire a thunder thing then run in if it stuns him

also

do you do any advanced techs? wavedashing, dash dancing, shffl?

Gaab4Ever

u need to get close to samus, then he'll attack and u dodge(shield + left/right)
i think he would do a low smash attack (down + a)
then u dodge that (shield + down)
then u have the time to give him good damage,
i like the low smash attack from pichu and pikachu (down + a)
maybe when samus is in the air u could do a thunder attack (down + b)

blah54

Quote from: Shervin on March 06, 2008, 10:40:21 AMdo you do any advanced techs? wavedashing, dash dancing, shffl?

pichu has a horrible/useless wavedash... and dashdancing is useless against a missile user...

i'd suggest to approach from above... not with a short hop, but with a full jump and attack from above... pichu's neutral air would be useful for this...

don't approach with a shuffle... only use it to combo once you've got an initial hit...
another strategy would be to lure the samus towards you... for example, you could drop on to the ledge and wait until the samus is closer....

also, if you're simply naturally better at ssbm than your brother, regardless of your character, you should be able to beat him... (but i don't know if this is the case 4 you) and good luck.
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.