News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

::: Regarding the spamminess of the off-topic forum :::

Started by Jamaha, April 20, 2009, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

While free conversation is allowed, especially in the off-topic forum, the recent posts have turned into random chatter.

Every morning I come to read the forums and go through the, like, 7(?) topics we have. The X topic, Y topic etc. etc. and have no clue whatsoever, what's going on.

So please, can we keep some sense in the posts, thank you.
(Also, enough with the small text)

Tranzlater

Yeah I hate that too.

But we should have more off-topic threads, to maintain the high amount of threads needed for two people to chat in.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

kotorfanboy

Or you could just centralize all of your conversation into the Post Your Thoughts of the Moment thread, or perhaps a new "chatter" thread.

And you could always chat though pm's if you wanted to.

Tranzlater

PMs are too awkward. A chatter thread is a good idea, tho.
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

Well you could always start swinging around the banhammer to teach the moron spammers a lesson.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

The post your thoughts of the moment thread is there for a reason...
-

kirby_superstar

does anyone remember how many posts it used to have?

lol id bet 3000, and if it wasn 3000 im willing to bet it was close.
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

SuperFireKirby

If people would just stay on topic and save the randomness for th PYTOTM thread then we'd be fine.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Tranzlater

Yes, but other threads start to wobble off course when enough has been said.
Threads should be locked after a month of no activity to avoid more spam.
Probably not for long.

Cobraroll

^Yeah, but that should not be true for submission and unanswered request threads. The requester should have the possibility to lock the thread when the question has been answered. OK, it can be removed, but I feel that removal isn't the optimal solution, the same thread may come back later.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Jamaha

Quote from: Tranzlater on May 29, 2009, 12:38:53 AMThreads should be locked after a month of no activity to avoid more spam.

No. It should be up to users to know whether to reply to an old topic or not. There is nothing wrong with bumping an old topic if you have something new to offer to it. But if your comment contains nothing of importance, it's better just to shut up.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Tranzlater

I suppose, but some threads you really cannot say anything more.
This brings it round to more staff to watch the forums, and update.

And this brings it round to the uploader, but already hundreds of topics have been infected, so I'll leave it up to you.
Probably not for long.

SuperFireKirby

When there's nothing left to say you lock the topic up. Wait awhile first though.

Tranzlater

A cleaned version of what I said. Bravo, I say, SFK. Bravo. I shall now give thoust a golden star, if thoust wishes.
Probably not for long.