News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Wii pay-to-play

Started by KefkaticFanatic, February 22, 2008, 11:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

http://kotaku.com/359754/nintendo-announces-wii-pay--play

Hurrah! Maybe Nintendo will actually have a GOOD online service now!  And you poor bastards that whine about the price can go get a job. ;)

me irl
[close]

razer84

i'm to young to get a job, so... i won't get it. :'( :'(

but i'm glad Nintendo's doing more to advance their online mode.

damn commies.

pumpy_heart

This could be interesting...
But I think paying will only boost the stuff you can do, not the internet quality itself.
Maybe I read wrong, but that was my interpretation.

sonic130

In the article, it doesn't say that it will decrease the amount of lag... if it's just for other channles and stuff I won't get it, but if it decreases lag, I think I will get it.

musicguy49

No more friend codes! (i really hope...)

razer84

Quote from: musicguy49 on February 24, 2008, 08:09:06 AMNo more friend codes! (i really hope...)

Nintendo will never get rid of Friend Codes. ever.

damn commies.

Shiny Boy

If this means that built-in online features (Brawl Wi-Fi multiplayer) will cost money per match...that will be upsetting.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Silence of Darkness on February 24, 2008, 05:33:51 PMIf this means that built-in online features (Brawl Wi-Fi multiplayer) will cost money per match...that will be upsetting.

You don't know how pay-to-play works, do you?  Nintendo would basically have an Xbox live kind of deal, with this new pay thing being the Gold, and the free online being Silver.

me irl
[close]

sonic130

Quote from: gamer4251 on February 24, 2008, 07:44:37 PM
Quote from: Silence of Darkness on February 24, 2008, 05:33:51 PMIf this means that built-in online features (Brawl Wi-Fi multiplayer) will cost money per match...that will be upsetting.

You don't know how pay-to-play works, do you?  Nintendo would basically have an Xbox live kind of deal, with this new pay thing being the Gold, and the free online being Silver.

How would that work though? If the gold one is a lot better in quality and everything else, would you still get to play online with people that use the silver one? And would it affect the gaemplay such as lag and stuff? Because my online is reeeeeaaaallllllllyyyyyy laggy...

KefkaticFanatic

If it's honestly that laggy, your internet probably sucks.  A wired connection is faster also.  I doubt they would speed up anything for the paying members, except maybe have better servers or something for the games that cost money.

----------------
Listening to: A13
via FoxyTunes

me irl
[close]

sonic130

Quote from: gamer4251 on February 25, 2008, 05:37:35 PMIf it's honestly that laggy, your internet probably sucks.  A wired connection is faster also.  I doubt they would speed up anything for the paying members, except maybe have better servers or something for the games that cost money.

----------------
Listening to: A13
via FoxyTunes

Yeah, but it's not my internet connection though. I have highspeed. But I tried my wifi again, and it's working fine now  :)  I guess it was the way the router entena's were facing, or how far the people I played against were...

Concerto No.20 in D minor

No it would be NOTHING like Gold and Silver live.  It would be used for certain games only, mostly 3rd party games so they can make money most likely.  The chances that this will INCREASE the online experience are 1 in 10,000,000.

Shiny Boy

That's what I was suspecting...after all, only certain games will have the red pay-to-play logo on them. It'll probably be individual games.
I mean, they wouldn't start charging for already-released online games like Strikers and Pokemon Battle Revolution...would they?
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!