News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

So what's going on?

Started by Jamaha, March 05, 2009, 01:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Hello, visitors of NSM.

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the state of the site at the moment. Why did you disappear? Why don't you have a domain? Where are all the updates? Why is the admin so lazy? Relax, I'll explain everything.

As you most likely have noticed, sometime in last September ninsheetmusic.net stopped linking to this site. Our domain expired. I tried to contact the host to renew but no avail. As time passed, the renew period ran out, and the domain was snagged by a domain thief, who is now happily advertising stuff on our old domain.

So, what to do next? Thanks to Sephy of Drshnaps.com, NSM's files were recovered from the depths of the Internet and a new host was obtained. Thanks to Drshnaps again.

So, why not get a new domain? That's work in progress at the moment. Why? I still haven't found a good one. But fear not, we'll get one eventually. For now, a drshnaps.com subdomain will do. It's not that hard to type.

What did I promise to explain next? Oh yeah, updates. After the site returned, I began to write a new sheet music upload script for the site as the old one, well, sucked. No one liked it. I got the updater done about halfway but then life kicked me in the face. Exams, school end stuff, more exams. They'll keep me busy this month so coding will have to wait. However, once it's done the updates shall return. Updaters are still hanging around the forums and there's still activity in the Submission forum, so worry not.

Well, that should explain it. All I'm asking for is little patience. Things turn out okay in the end.

KefkaticFanatic

Watch us in a year suddenly be back to how it was a few years back, all good and all.

And maybe I'll have a second arrangement actually finished by then.

But good idea posting this and all.

me irl
[close]

ALPRAS

It was really clever wrting this topic :)
Im getting tired (certainly even more than me) of those people always saying that the site is dead, empty, weak, disfuncional, and that the admins. are lazy... this topic should shut them eh eh  ;D

Nintendude73

Thanks for the update, JaMaHa!

Palagerini

Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Zintendo

i cant help but feel as though you are saying this to me jamaha. and thanks, i really needed to know what was going on.  wowa1575 is my friends youtube username, and he can play like 60 songs, many he learned from ninsheetmusic.  you could only imagine how frustrated he was when things went bad in september, but then i told him about drshnaps and yeah he is back on track. personally, I am trying to write my first sheet music ever, and it will be the shy guy toybox theme from paper mario.       ;D

KefkaticFanatic

Oh but JaMaHa, nothing ever ends.

me irl
[close]

ALPRAS

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

jake3343

This was a good thing to post, Jamaha. Now people who use the site but not the forum will know why we have .drshnaps and why it crashed and stuff

Zintendo: Sweet i love that song!

Tranzlater

Quote from: Gamer4250 on March 12, 2009, 05:55:55 PMOr does it?

Of all people, Gamer, I never thought YOU would have a religion...
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

Lulz, you clearly know nothing about me.

me irl
[close]

Tranzlater

Quote from: Gamer4250 on March 22, 2009, 08:20:09 AMLulz, you clearly know nothing about me.
Quote from: Gamer4250*enters room*

RELIGION IS A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT

ACTIVATE FLAME SHIELD!

*flees*
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

Yes, that is from the ancient thread that turned into a pointless flame war.

me irl
[close]

Gu4n

Aww.. I really did kick you in the abbyss and then run off, didn't I? It sounds like you're having a tough time at the moment, but I know you well enough to state you're capable of managing the situation. Set priorities, first things first and so on. It's good to read you're working on an uploading-script that would actually help updaters instead of making their lifes worse, haha.

JM, you still have my sincerest respect.