News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

IWBTG - I Wanna Be The Guy - Hardest 8-Bit game?

Started by Oni-Link, February 07, 2009, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oni-Link

So I found this game out from MasterPenguin and Gamer4250 (http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/) and it had a Megaman style game, and probably pointed toward the first one, since it's really hard. I gave up on the first level. In Medium mode, the only difference from Hard mode is that you get a PURDY BOWTIE. It is fun, if you get through the levels. There are characters from
Mega Man
Mario
Metroid
Punch Out!
Zelda
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Street Fighter
Castlevania
Tetris

If anyone has played this, let me know.

P.S. : Try beating it on Impossible Mode. @.@

Merlin

Wow, the game is terribly hard. o_o
I can't even go past the first level. o.O
I've made it to the bottom of the second screen... but this stupid moving block alsways moves to some weird places and I always fall down. v.v
I think I should put some transparency on my screen and mark the places were the block appears... then I'd always know where to jump next. xD

EDIT: Yay! I've reached the balcony but then the bad guy killed me... -.-
EDIT²: Wow I just reached the second level! :D

Oni-Link

Yeah people do get through it eventually. But still, reeeeeally hard.

KefkaticFanatic

Actually Medium mode gets you extra save points that say "WUSS" and you get the bowtie.

So I've made it all the way to Mecha Birdo, who is a pain in the ass.  I've got all the way to the final stage of the battle and damaged him a bunch, but I died from the front of one of the missiles :(

I haven't had time to play it though, so in a few more tries I could probably get it.

me irl
[close]

Merlin

Uh, I just watched some videos about the game at youtube and realized that there are several ways to play the game... for example... At the begining, I went down to the bottom of the screen, then to the plattform at the right, through the pseudo bossfight and now I'm at this terrible place with the blocks that move up or down when you touch them... but it's also possible to jump up at the begining and then pass some apple trees... Does anyone know if there's a difference between the two ways? Do they lead you to different endings?

Oni-Link

I know there is no different ending, but I think everyone has a different opinion on which way to go.

KefkaticFanatic

If you go up, you fight Mike Tyson, Mecha Birdo, then Dracula.  Afterwards you get to the Temple of the Guy, which requires you to have fought all 6 bosses.  There are two sides to the entrance, one from the lower path, one from the upper path.  There's a teleporter to the beginning on each side.  It really doesn't matter which path you take.

So I played a bunch more, beat Mecha Birdo, then beat Dracula.  Dracula is actually really easy, as long as you can practice dodging his attacks.  He barely has any health.  I'm at the few frames before the Hulk/Mr. T boss guy, right where the moving spike wall is after the Tetris area.

me irl
[close]

jake3343

Oh my god this game is insane. Right now I'm facing this giant green thing that kinda looks like the Hulk. He's hard.

Very addicting

KefkaticFanatic

Protip:  Press k like crazy as soon as you activate the shaking in the room.

Oh so I'm at the Clown Copter with Bowser, Wart, Dr. Wily.

And my friend IS the guy.

Dayum.

me irl
[close]

jake3343

KefkaticFanatic

:D I know.  You can always go back to the Room of Divine Transportation if you want to actually fight him.

me irl
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

STATUS REPORT.

So I've beat everyone except the dragon guy.  Just beat Mother Brain and have to escape the place.  Fuck this part.

me irl
[close]

jake3343

I guess I'll put a status report up too, even though I haven't gotten much farther.

I'm at the Metroid part where you shoot the walls and dodge the fireball things. I haven't played in awhile.

KefkaticFanatic

Hahaha, Mother Brain.  She's a bitch until you figure out the trick that makes her easy.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

I tried the demo and I can't even get past the second room. I probably could figure it out but I have much more important things too do.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!