News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Resident Evil 5: Wii Edition anytime soon?

Started by White Wolfos, January 30, 2009, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wolfos

I've started loving RE with the Wii edition of RE4, and now I'm playing RE Remake for GC. I was so anxiously hoping that Capcom would lend Nintendo a hand and present the Wii with Resident Evil 5. What do you think?

Check these out for more info, especially the second one:

http://revoeyes.blogspot.com/2008/04/resident-evil-5-wii-capcom-has-no.html
http://www.petitiononline.com/WiiRes5/petition.html

Remember, the Wii has potential...

blah54

maybe it'll be ported on the next generation system... but if it had been planned for wii, they would've announced it as well (capcom would have to be an idiot not to announce a game for the number one selling console...)

considering RE5 comes out in march, absolutely no chance for a wii version, maybe the wii will get another side game like umbrella chronicles but nothing like RE4 or 5...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

KefkaticFanatic

Hahahahahaha.

Well, you could always take the Dead Rising route and make it look like total shit while removing 60% of the game.

me irl
[close]

kotorfanboy

Quote from: blah54 on January 30, 2009, 01:42:54 PMmaybe it'll be ported on the next generation system... but if it had been planned for wii, they would've announced it as well (capcom would have to be an idiot not to announce a game for the number one selling console...)

considering RE5 comes out in march, absolutely no chance for a wii version, maybe the wii will get another side game like umbrella chronicles but nothing like RE4 or 5...

Yes, but the reason it is the number one selling console is because of new demographics that Nintendo is reaching out to, demographics that aren't interested in Resident Evil 5, most likely.

White Wolfos

Quote from: kotorfanboy on February 02, 2009, 08:23:15 PMYes, but the reason it is the number one selling console is because of new demographics that Nintendo is reaching out to, demographics that aren't interested in Resident Evil 5, most likely.

That's probably what Capcom said with the other RE games. Only later on Capcom made remakes for Gamecube & Wii. Of course, Wii has been the most "rebel" console ever, but still, I don't see why RE5 can't come to Wii. Graphicwise, it looks pretty similar to RE4. Everyone is aware that, with the coming of The Conduit, the Wii has potential.

KefkaticFanatic

The Wii has no potential.  See Dead Rising, Zelda, Brawl, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy.

me irl
[close]

Arison The Bat

If you hate Nintendo so much, why are you at this site?
You are of what you make of yourself. not who your parents are. not who your friends are. You are you, and you make who you are.

KefkaticFanatic

See site name and purpose.  Use common sense.  Realise that just because I like game music does not mean I am a rabid Nintendo fanboy like everybody else.

Also, I love Nintendo.  The old, real Nintendo.  All that's left now is a greedy corporation.  Fuck them.

me irl
[close]

Arison The Bat

im with you on the fact that the old nintendo games are better, but you have to live in the day man. believe it or not, people enjoy the wii for several reasons.

1) its great for families.

2) good for friends to have a good time.

3) virtual console allows old time game lovers like you and me to play the old games without the hassle of carrieing around countless cartiges and risking them being broken.

4)its cheaper than anything else out on the market.

5) its nintendo, cant dis that. they've been around for over 100 years.
You are of what you make of yourself. not who your parents are. not who your friends are. You are you, and you make who you are.

KefkaticFanatic

Silly fanboy, find something other than official press releases to read from.

You should realise you can buy the original games for much cheaper most of the time, can actually store an amount you would want to play on a computer and use emulators, the Wii has no HDD which limits basically any downloadable content, and that the 360 is cheaper.

You have proven to us that you have only joined this forum to spew your tourneyfag spam and fanboy spam.  Nobody likes that.  I suggest you leave.

me irl
[close]

White Wolfos

And I suggest we return to the topic.

btw, I've played the demo and it kicks ass. What worries me is the fact of having a sidekick. I like the other Resident Evil games mainly because of the frickin low chances of survival with only one character, which is awesome.

Arison The Bat

Quote from: Gamer4250 on February 13, 2009, 09:12:14 AMSilly fanboy, find something other than official press releases to read from.

You should realise you can buy the original games for much cheaper most of the time, can actually store an amount you would want to play on a computer and use emulators, the Wii has no HDD which limits basically any downloadable content, and that the 360 is cheaper.

You have proven to us that you have only joined this forum to spew your tourneyfag spam and fanboy spam.  Nobody likes that.  I suggest you leave.

how does it limit downloadable content. use something called homebrew. I've got it, and love it. and how is the 360 cheaper? games are 10-20 dollars more than new wii games. Playing online with people cost monthly as where The Wii is free online (yes i know the quality is not as great, but still free is good)

Not to dis on the 360 though. i own one of those aswell. its just so much more expensive, i find it better to buy Nintendo products rather that xbox products.

oh, and you guys have obviosly made your point that you would rather be lonely than play games with other people. Im not going to push it with you guys anymore, so cut the "tourney Fag" crap and try to be atleast a little bit more reasonable.

oh, and resident evil 5 is okay by my standards.

Tranzlater

Quote from: Arison The Bat on March 04, 2009, 04:31:01 PM
Quote from: Gamer4250 on February 13, 2009, 09:12:14 AMSilly fanboy, find something other than official press releases to read from.

how does it limit downloadable content. use something called homebrew. I've got it, and love it. and how is the 360 cheaper? games are 10-20 dollars more than new wii games. Playing online with people cost monthly as where The Wii is free online (yes i know the quality is not as great, but still free is good)

Not to dis on the 360 though. i own one of those aswell. its just so much more expensive, i find it better to buy Nintendo products rather that xbox products.

oh, and you guys have obviosly made your point that you would rather be lonely than play games with other people. Im not going to push it with you guys anymore, so cut the "tourney Fag" crap and try to be atleast a little bit more reasonable.

oh, and resident evil 5 is okay by my standards.

Oooh burn.

I've never played RE (but I really really want to) but seriously, if they do release RE5 on the wii then it's looking desperate for them 'cos people who want those games have a 360 (you know, the modern, chavvy, FPS gamers...). There is simply no point releasing it on the wii.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

White Wolfos

Quote from: Tranzlater on March 07, 2009, 01:02:57 PMOooh burn.

I've never played RE (but I really really want to) but seriously, if they do release RE5 on the wii then it's looking desperate for them 'cos people who want those games have a 360 (you know, the modern, chavvy, FPS gamers...). There is simply no point releasing it on the wii.

Exactly. This is what's happening to me right now. I'm buying an Xbox 360 mainly because of RE5 and some other games (assassin's creed, FEAR 1 e 2, etc).

Exaclty.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Arison The Bat on March 04, 2009, 04:31:01 PMhow does it limit downloadable content. use something called homebrew. I've got it, and love it. and how is the 360 cheaper? games are 10-20 dollars more than new wii games. Playing online with people cost monthly as where The Wii is free online (yes i know the quality is not as great, but still free is good)

Lolwut.  You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

Homebrew is totally different from downloadable content.
The Wii online is totally awful and completely useless, which is why it is free, plus there are only about 10 games that are even decent on the Wii.
Also, the 360 Arcade is cheaper than a Wii, yet still includes enough memory to use for a good amount of game saves AND DLC.

Plus, why should we ever cut out the tourneyfag and ranting at you when you make such moronic and ignorant posts such as these?

EDIT:  It also helps when you learn to spell.  It isn't too hard considering that your browser has a spell check BUILT RIGHT INTO IT.

me irl
[close]