News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qew

Haibane Renmei - the only anime I've seen from start to finish... and all in one day 9_9

no nudity, all the characters are virtually 6 - 19 year old girls and like one guy with the majority 14 years oldish, they never specify
no sex... they're all girls :P there's an insinuation of a relationship but they only actually say "friends" and it works that way too ...
>_> not that bad language, the english dub is pretty bad but I didn't mind it, sometimes it said some things the subtitles didn't say but if you can't handle that switch to Japanese... although Rakka's voice in the english ^_^;

it is for teenage girls though... no wonder I love it.

The-Real-Link

Although my genre of choice is Shonen, I don't mind a good Shojo anime every once in a while. I liked Hamtaro.....although it was like kodomo-shojo-ish............

although, I wouldn't classify some of the anime I watch as Shonen......more liked......Primetime Drama, anime style??? sort like House, or CSI in anime form.

I'm waiting on the Engish subs of Nadame Cantabile. I've heard it's REALLY good, and I haven't had a chance to pick up the manga yet.
I don't mind curse words, as long as their not gratuitous. I don't want to watch one where there's an f-bomb every five seconds. As long as the language is kept at a PG-13 level, I'm okay!

SuperFireKirby

I've started watching a new series called Kiba that's pretty good. I like it so far. Im not familiar with the terms shojo and shonen but Kiba is an action kind of series.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

The-Real-Link

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 28, 2009, 02:58:10 PMI've started watching a new series called Kiba that's pretty good. I like it so far. Im not familiar with the terms shojo and shonen but Kiba is an action kind of series.
Shonen anime and manga is manga that is geared towards males ages 12-20. examples would be stuff like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Yu-gi-Oh, Ruroni Kenshin, Gundam, Dragonball, etc.

Shojo is anime or manga that is geared towards girls of the same age range. Examples would be stuff like Suzuka, Love Hina, Ah my Godess, Sailor Moon, School Rumble, etc.

SuperFireKirby

Well then Kiba is Shonen( and very good).

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Shadoninja

Bakuman is a good manga. it's about these two teens that are trying to become successful mangakas, as a team of a writer and artist. the artist has a crush on this girl that wants to become a voice actor, and the two make a promise that they will marry eachother when they fulfill their dreams.

it's made by the same duo that made death note, so you might like it if you're into death note.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

PseudoMario16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

SuperFireKirby

I hear bleach is pretty good but I haven't checked it out for myself. Can anyone tell me a good store/website to buy anime at?

Olimar12345

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on July 10, 2009, 04:11:37 AMNot..... Naruto....

Try Bleach

i didnt know u watch bleach! what episode r u on?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 10, 2009, 10:34:01 AMI hear bleach is pretty good but I haven't checked it out for myself. Can anyone tell me a good store/website to buy anime at?

this ones pretty good: http://www.animefreak.tv/

and does anyone hear watch One Piece?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Dalonzo

I'm not that into shonen, but I do like Naruto. I'm more into shoujo based funny mangas, i love Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins, short but great stories. (IMO)

for anime, animefreak.com is the go
for manga its onemanga.com

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on July 19, 2009, 01:27:09 PM
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 10, 2009, 10:34:01 AMI hear bleach is pretty good but I haven't checked it out for myself. Can anyone tell me a good store/website to buy anime at?

this ones pretty good: http://www.animefreak.tv/

and does anyone hear watch One Piece?
Thanks. And also I''ve watched a few episodes and its pretty good. My favorite character was the guy with the big nose and the sling shot.

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 09, 2009, 12:03:23 PMThanks. And also I''ve watched a few episodes and its pretty good. My favorite character was the guy with the big nose and the sling shot.

lol, Usopp... :P

SuperFireKirby

That's it! I couldn't remember his name. Haven't watched since it was cancled on toonami. I hate cartoon network for getting rid of toonami.

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 10, 2009, 08:42:23 AMThat's it! I couldn't remember his name. Haven't watched since it was cancled on toonami. I hate cartoon network for getting rid of toonami.

ya! that was the best! :P

but the Japanese version is soo much better than the English one...... They skipped so much stuff its like, wow, no wonder they didnt continue the show...