News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: Bubbles on February 25, 2017, 07:48:40 PMDoes anyone have a nice slice of life they want to recommend? I've been out of anime for a while but kinda want to get back into it. Something pretty and chill but still enjoyable would be nice :-)

I tried watching Steins;gate but really couldn't get into it even tho I've heard so many good things about it.. I think I watched about five or six episodes before I just drifted out of it. If I can't find anything good I might just rewatch a few Ghibli movies or Kimi no na wa or something

My Love Story and Kimi No Todoke are cutesy slice of life shoujo series that I really enjoy.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jub3r7

I enjoyed the Seven Deadly Sins anime series so I'm gonna try out the manga since there are apparently slight differences;
for example in the anime it's portrayed as goofy/creepy when someone's memories are changed around a bit but in the manga they make it clearly fucked up and have that character forget someone important to them
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bubbles on February 25, 2017, 07:48:40 PMDoes anyone have a nice slice of life they want to recommend? I've been out of anime for a while but kinda want to get back into it. Something pretty and chill but still enjoyable would be nice :-)

I tried watching Steins;gate but really couldn't get into it even tho I've heard so many good things about it.. I think I watched about five or six episodes before I just drifted out of it. If I can't find anything good I might just rewatch a few Ghibli movies or Kimi no na wa or something

The first ~10 episodes are all set up for the real story. Stick it out.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Apparently Steam now sells anime?
At really decent prices?
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/anime-weekend-sale/
Most of the stuff they just added is half off. It's only streaming, but, dang, this is a great price for stuff that normally costs triple what they're asking for.

edit: and they have the layton movie for $2.80 for some reason.

Maelstrom

Kemono Girls is the best thing I've seen a long time.

mikey

unmotivated

Dude

I didn't want to post two videos at once in the pic/vid topic so I'm putting this here.

Maelstrom

Re:Creators is possibly the best thing this season.

Dude

Maelstrom

Update on this season:
AoT is ok
Re:Creators is good
SukaSuka (Worldend) is great
Renai Boukun is what even is this what kinds of friends do I have that recommended me shows like this

Maelstrom

Doesn't really belong here, but netflix's Castlevania series is superb.
Easily the best videogame adaptation yet.

Dudeman

...Netflix has a Castlevania series?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Yep. It was announced a while ago, and just launched today.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on July 07, 2017, 11:39:09 AM...Netflix has a Castlevania series?
I did not hear about this. Interesting.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yug_Guy

PSA for anyone with an Amazon Prime account: Amazon has the first seasons of Black Butler II & Yu Yu Hakasho available for purchase for free. More info here