News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Ace Attorney anime is great and faithful to the games. What else could you ask for?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

I finished watching One Punch Man this morning after starting yesterday afternoon and I have been missing out. Also Mumen Rider is so precious that I can't.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

Oh, it's lesbian time in sailor moon in case anyone was wondering.

Also, Macross Delta is pretty good. I recommend that so far.

Hero of Trains

So, I made my father watch the Ace Attorney anime with me. Some thoughts:
Good Things:
At first it confused me because I'm so used to sprites, but having Phoenix walk around the courtroom adds a lot, I think.
Actually seeing the murder scene from multiple angles, it made the jumps in logic that you would have figured out by yourself more reasonable when you were watching.
It was really faithful to the originals, which meant I got to fangirl over every single word.

Things I Couldn't Get Used To:
Names. I refuse to call them by anything other than their English names.
Related, the un-localization. I want my burgers!
Not pressing everything and other gameplay things, I keep on pressing X in my head. Actually my hands might have moved at some point, I'm not sure. Anyway, it's just so ingrained that it's a little jarring.

I Just Can't:
HE INSULTED EDGEWORTH. NOBODY INSULTS EDGEWORTH. >:( >:(  >:(

All in all, I really liked it, and it awakened my inner fangirl again. I wish the best of luck to whoever is around the next time I see a stepladder.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Onionleaf

I find that plenty of games make out pretty interesting anime series. No wonder I like both of these things so much. ^^

I was looking for some new anime series to watch last month, and stopped on "Lovely Complex". Perhaps my sense of humour is kinda odd, but I found it hilarious, I don't think I've watched such a fun anime in a long time. :D (The Kansai dialect just adds that extra spark!)
Other than that, I also watched a few animated films. I would definitely recommend "Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda", as well as "Bakemono no Ko". Both were really intriguing and made me shed a few tears.

Dude

Quote from: Dude on May 01, 2016, 10:47:12 PMMacross Delta is pretty good. I recommend that so far.
in case anyone wants to know the plot it's about apple juice, aliens, robots, and singing

Maelstrom

Oh, I finally started watching Haruhi.

Bubbles

!!!!

I rewatched a few episodes the other day and forgot how much I loved it haha

Maelstrom

I started watching Gurren Lagann b/c endless eight in Haruhi and it's so stupid but I can't stop watching help.

Dudeman

I just finished FMA: Brotherhood. Good, good, good show. Very satisfied.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bubbles

Dudeman

Honestly I'm not sure I want to watch the original FMA anime due to how many liberties it takes from the manga. I rather like this version of the story. I do have some gripes about the Promised Day arc, mainly due to how it's really impossible to tell if an injury is serious or not, which also makes it hard to suspend disbelief at times, and due to how many deus ex machina moments there are right when a character is probably about to be killed. Also the "I predicted your counter and have my own counter!" moments can get a little ridiculous. But the story was fantastic.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 20, 2016, 08:54:02 PMI started watching Gurren Lagann b/c endless eight in Haruhi and it's so stupid but I can't stop watching help.
Finished already. Watching this show was one of the best ideas ever. The second half totally makes up for the slower beginning and lower quality of writing there.
For anyone who wants to watch, all you need to know is that there are mechs inside mechs inside mechs that run on the power of believing. It's as stupid as it sounds and I loved every minute of it.

Hero of Trains

I just started reLIFE and am enjoying it a lot, it shows how weird high school is.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

BrainyLucario

So....I've been thinking of watching this anime called One Punch Man. Would you guys recommend it?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.