News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Jompa on September 03, 2015, 11:16:45 PMkissanime is no doubt the best site for streaming anime, but it's down at the moment.
nooo000 I hadn't gone on in like a month.... SHITE

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

I watched the Neon Genesis Evangelion series.

Congratulations.

Yugi

Dude

KefkaticFanatic

So if you haven't watched End of Evangelion yet you have to do that cause you aren't done until you do.

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 05, 2015, 10:34:59 PMSo if you haven't watched End of Evangelion yet you have to do that cause you aren't done until you do.
I did last night.
I was so confused.
I mean, I love overly complicated plots, but I like them to make a little sense.
It's not really a good sign when the first thing you do after watching a movie/show is google it to understand what happened.
I may be in the minority, but I actually liked ep 25 and the first half of 26. The first half of EoE was pretty good, but not really the second half. It just seemed threw all sorts of stuff at you without explaining anything, much less making it comprehensible.

SlowPokemon

^lol try Steins;Gate. The VN is really good but from what I've heard the anime is an excellent adaptation--it's basically the True End and only cuts out what's necessary. Might be a better, free way to experience the story.

It's definitely got a long setup, about half is just the opening, but stick with it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

I also liked the last 2 episodes of the series.  But what didn't make sense to you?  It was all pretty clear imo.

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 06, 2015, 12:09:58 PM^lol try Steins;Gate. The VN is really good but from what I've heard the anime is an excellent adaptation--it's basically the True End and only cuts out what's necessary. Might be a better, free way to experience the story.

It's definitely got a long setup, about half is just the opening, but stick with it.
Well, I may have mentioned it in the other thread, but I'm just the kind of person who naturally prefers the original non-condensed version, despite the fact it may be drawn out. I also hate the partial spoilers that you get from an adaptation instead of reading the best version available, if that makes any sense. Kind of like how, if, for some reason, there was a 999 anime, no matter how good it was, I'd still tell people to play the game first.

SlowPokemon

That's fair and I agree about 999, but if you do insist on playing the game, I do recommend playing the True End of Steins;Gate first, which is the reason I can recommend the anime too. It's not like Zero Escape where the other Bad Ends are necessary to understand things. They don't add any additional information about the story, they're just alternate scenarios (comparable to the bad end of Justice For All, but more drawn out).

For instance, in the case of Danganronpa, I don't recommend the anime at all, since it's so rushed that there's hardly even room for the story. Steins;Gate I have the approval of a lot of VN otaku haha. But I do agree with you about playing the game being more satisfying, which is why I haven't even seen the anime yet.

FireArrow

I've probably said this before but everyone should watch Cross Ange, so long as you have a strong stomach.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

ThatGamer

Quote from: FireArrow on September 06, 2015, 11:53:44 PMI've probably said this before but everyone should watch Cross Ange, so long as you have a strong stomach.

Is it gory? I can't handle gore anymore...
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

FireArrow

The gore isn't over the top and relatively well used, but still there nonetheless.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

GaryOak

Danganronpa is probably the shittiest anime I have not watched or seen any clips from.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

SlowPokemon

Quote from: GaryOak on September 13, 2015, 05:21:31 AMDanganronpa is probably the shittiest anime I have not watched or seen any clips from.

Yep they tried to squeeze a 25-30 hour game into 13 episodes and the results are awful. It's worth noting that the Danganronpa games are absolutely fantastic and personal favorites of mind though.