News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Honestly I feel pretty indifferent about Ponyo.  The art was neat and all but nothing about the characters or story is near as compelling as the other Miyazaki I've seen (which is not enough as I should have unfortunately)

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 18, 2015, 07:23:37 PMHonestly I feel pretty indifferent about Ponyo.  The art was neat and all but nothing about the characters or story is near as compelling as the other Miyazaki I've seen (which is not enough as I should have unfortunately)

I would assume that's why I liked it as a baby. Probably couldn't comprehend it, Haha.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

SlowPokemon

Okay Ponyo came out in 2008, not even worldwide until 2009, so how did you see it as a baby
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 18, 2015, 07:23:37 PMHonestly I feel pretty indifferent about Ponyo.  The art was neat and all but nothing about the characters or story is near as compelling as the other Miyazaki I've seen (which is not enough as I should have unfortunately)

Sorry for double posting, but mobile is annoying--worth noting that this is basically how I feel the first couple times I saw the film? But something changed, not sure what, and now it's one of my favorite movies ever and some friends and I even watched it over and over last semester. It's to the point that my Ghibli loving friends list it as their favorite Miyazaki. I'm really not sure what that's about.

ThatGamer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 18, 2015, 08:52:23 PMOkay Ponyo came out in 2008, not even worldwide until 2009, so how did you see it as a baby

Ok, I was 8. Close to baby...
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Hero of Trains

Wait, what? You're my age, ThatGamer?
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 18, 2015, 09:03:38 PMWait, what? You're my age, ThatGamer?

15? Yeah! Finally, someone my age!

Hero of Trains

Cool!
Also, my friend and I found a very deep and engaging anime on Crunchyroll called "Chi's new home".
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 14, 2015, 07:09:58 AMI've been watching that monster girl anime and it's complete trash but it's enjoyable trash

this week's episode was even trashier than usual i'm dying

there was an entire sequence about a spider using her silk for bondage play

why has humanity doomed itself why does this show exist

Jompa

The sick sick fetishes one would need for this to be enjoyable...
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

why are you still even watching it
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jompa

In other news: Somehow I think Wakako-zake suddenly won me over for favorite show of the season... I'm actually really loving it... what the hell...

Edit: the opening is itsumo no fuukei
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on August 19, 2015, 05:05:09 PMwhy are you still even watching it

it's like i can't stop watching it it's like the video from the ring i'm done for save yourselves

Dude

one person's fear is another person's fetish

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 18, 2015, 08:54:30 PMSorry for double posting, but mobile is annoying--worth noting that this is basically how I feel the first couple times I saw the film? But something changed, not sure what, and now it's one of my favorite movies ever and some friends and I even watched it over and over last semester. It's to the point that my Ghibli loving friends list it as their favorite Miyazaki. I'm really not sure what that's about.

Interesting as I've never heard of a single person not list Spirited Away (which I still haven't seen I know I'm sorry) as their top.

I have only seen Ponyo once fully and then again sparsely (halfway watched), so I'll probably just have to go through some stint where I watch all of his films at once.

me irl
[close]