News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Sad, yes. Sensical, no. The whole US helicopter things still makes little sense, other than a plot device to ensure a certain character's death.

SlowPokemon

I didn't care for the ending either, but I did like all of the nonsense parts of the show. The second half was the only part I really liked because it was so outlandish and crazy that I stopped trying to figure it out and just went with it.

My recommendations haven't changed tho. I'm still recommending The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Kids on the Slope because they're the best anime I've ever seen.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

These are anime that make me feel sorry for people who haven't watched them:
1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - a total of 28 episodes + 1 movie
2. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - 26+24 episodes (for the main story) + a bounch of OVAs and shorter seasons (not relevant to the story in the slightest). Has an age rating that should be taken seriously.

These animes' greated charms are the exciting and unique stories, and the way they balance the seriousness with the "comedy" (for lack of better word). They're not my absolute-top-favorite-shows-ever (though close), but they are shows I believe everyone would get something out of, in contrast to let's say Space Brothers which I would guess only half the people on here would really love.
There are more like these of course, but these two are in a different league.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Well, I'd like to watch Higurashi, but yeah. A little too much violence. And the VN is coming out on steam soon with an updated translation. I'll probably want to read that first.
idk about Haruhi. It seems a little too ..... not for me.

Jompa

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 01, 2015, 06:05:21 AMidk about Haruhi. It seems a little too ..... not for me.
how can you still maintain that crazy delution after we've tried to recommend it to you for soooo long?
Birdo for Smash

KefkaticFanatic

Everything I see of it from a distance gives me the impression of genero aminu girl weeaboo bait so I can see why he thinks that.  People here rave about it so much though that I'll probably watch a few someday just out of curiousity..

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 01, 2015, 10:14:41 AMEverything I see of it from a distance gives me the impression of genero aminu girl weeaboo bait so I can see why he thinks that. 
This so much.

I may end up watching Kids on the Slope, but idk if I will like it or finish it.

SlowPokemon

Meh you guys can think what you want but in my experience forming those kind of opinions before even becoming familiar with the material is really bad

I mean I know it makes sense to Maelstrom since I've given him so many bad recommendations before lol

Bubbles

remember when i almost stopped watching tmohs lol

But seriously it's one of the best shows or even any type of story I've ever watched/read/heard. It completely flipped my outlook on life and it's only the 2nd show I've ever rewatched. I can't even think of a way to explain it--just watch it

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bubbles on March 01, 2015, 05:03:38 PMremember when i almost stopped watching tmohs lol

THIS IS ACTUALLY FUNNY BECAUSE I ALMOST STOPPED WATCHING IT TOO

But no I'm really glad I kept watching it because it wasn't until I saw the movie that I was like "holy shit this is the greatest show ever" and it's still probably the first anime I'd recommend if anyone asked me for recommendations

Oh @maelstrom there's also a pretty drawn out ace attorney reference in one of the episodes

KefkaticFanatic

I mean I wish I had the time to go and try anything and everything but I have to establish a filter somewhere :P

me irl
[close]

Jompa

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 01, 2015, 03:05:25 PMI may end up watching Kids on the Slope, but idk if I will like it or finish it.

Giving Maelstrom recommedations is literally the most pointless thing ever.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Fine. I'll admit it.

I was wrong.

^Feel free to quote for future reference.

SlowPokemon

Maelstrom

About Kids on the Slope.

It's good.

I'm not really the kind of person who likes slice of life stuff, but it's just that good.