News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

Only Manga I liked was The Phantom Hourglass book tie-in.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

SlowPokemon

I like the manga strips you create in Danganronpa.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

So Kill La Kill is um...interesting.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

Roz~

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 09, 2015, 09:18:39 PMSo Kill La Kill is um...interesting.

Kill la Kill is so good <3

Also I finally watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann after months of my husband asking me to watch it. It... wasn't that great.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SuperFireKirby

I'm on ep. 22 of Gurren Lagann. It's one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen and I have no clue how some many people love it as much as they do, much like SAO.

But I'm loving Kill la Kill. It's just so fucking crazy, it's like FLCL but with an actual cohesive story.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

OMG

I JUST REALIZED

I NEVER POSTED THIS PICTURE FROM 2013

SEIZON SENRYAKUUUUUUU
http://imgur.com/RWtfXd1

(yes i know it's not actually the hat but this is hick town so it's close enough)
[close]

and no i didn't buy it :<

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

ZeldaFan

Has anyone here watched Elfen Lied? I'm curious to know what you guys think about it.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Jompa

I have!
It was the third or fourth show I watched, my firsts being Dokuro-chan (ecchi with violence), Hokuto no Ken (manliness with violence), (and if a third: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (violence and a great story).
As you can see, to fill in the empiness of having completed these, I was searching for, you guessed it, more violence. In that sense, Elfen Lied is fantastic. It is sick. It's nightmare material, jesus christ. Kids being slaughtered and stuff, I mean, holy shit.
However, it's not all that good. It's definitely extremely exciting, at least part-way, but it doesn't have a high level of quality. I wouldn't say it's good. But it sticks with you! So hard! I actually recommend it (if you're over 30, i mean). And the opening music<3<3<3<3
Birdo for Smash

ZeldaFan

Yeah I watched the whole thing through about 2 years ago, and it has stuck with me! I think I want to watch it again at some point. There's plenty of violence but I agree with you about the story not being fantastic. Some of it I just plain didn't get, and the ending was pretty weird. At least they didn't drag it out, only 13 episodes.

I actually found that opening song once to play on piano. Must've lost it though... I'll have to find it again.

Another one I came across was called Princess Tutu. Anyone heard of this one? I wonder because this particular anime is quite juvenile - probably meant for young girls lol. But I thought it looked cute and it was only 26 episodes so I watched it through.

Opening music on this one is great too imo :)

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Jompa

I've also been thinking recently that I should maybe re-watch Elfenlied! I don't see why I should do it, but I kinda want to.

I love Princess Tutu.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Need more recommendations for when I finish Ace Attorney Investigations.
My thoughts on what I've seen so far in brief:
Spoiler
Death Note -- Good start, mediocre at the chairman, terrible at N. Ending was ok, though. 5/10
Attack on Titan -- Great action and music, mediocre characters and plot, and the worst pacing I have ever seen. 6/10
Zankyo no Terror -- Good beginning, way, way, too many plot holes. Terrible ending. But great soundtrack 4/10
Shin Sekai Yori -- Great pacing, sense of style. Involving story, all around great. Except for ep. 8.   9/10
Parasyte: The Maxim (through ep 20, latest) -- Excellent. Weaker start, great buildup. 8/10
[close]

Bubbles