News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

Hey. Can anybody here suggest some good anime or manga for me? I've got some guidelines that I want to follow though...

-No nudity
-Minimal sexual content
-no strong language

Some of the anime's that I have REALLY enjoyed are

Bleach (My favorite so far)
Speed Racer (The old one, in Japan it's known as Mach Go-Go)
Voltron (or Go-Lion)
Gundam (G gundam was my fav)
Pokemon
Hamtaro
Ruroni Kenshin
Gigantor
Sonic X
Yu-Gi-Oh (First series, not the new ones.)
Megaman NT Warrior/Megaman Xcess.

I've seen a few episodes of these, and liked what I saw...

Case Closed
.//hack
Yuyu hakasho
Zatch Bell
IGPX
Naruto

AS far as Manga, I've read some of the Pokemon Manga and stuff. I've been meaning to pick up Mark Crilley's Miki Falls series, and I've been meaning to get the Bleach complete set volume 1

Also I have liked EVERY SINGLE HAYAO MIYAZAKI MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN ......which isn't many though....I've seen Kiki's Delivery Service (classic!!!!) and part of Princess Mononoke and part of Spirited Away.

Nana1Popo2

oh here: http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/
some great zelda manga. pretty much the games.....and if u can find out what happened to the rest of the Oracle of Ages chapters, tell me! lol, i wanna know wat happens

and wat ever happened to Zatch Bell? i liked that show...
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on January 25, 2009, 11:48:36 AMoh here: http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/
some great zelda manga. pretty much the games.....and if u can find out what happened to the rest of the Oracle of Ages chapters, tell me! lol, i wanna know wat happens

and wat ever happened to Zatch Bell? i liked that show...
OH yea, I forgot. The entire Zelda manga series has been published in English in two big volumes, I've been meaning to order that too.

Nana1Popo2

ya, except the rest of Oracle of Ages......
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

sonic130

I find that D.Gray man is awesome for both the manga and the anime. You should check it out ;)

The-Real-Link

I think I just found the greatest Anime series EVER!!!! Mushi-Shi! It is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Each episode is beautiful. They are almost poetic!

KefkaticFanatic

Your requirements pretty much killed any change of anything really good.

me irl
[close]

shane91c

Look on YouTube for "Azumanga Daioh". It's kinda funny and it meets your requirements :P It's in japanese but has English subtitles...

^ Some active members would be nice.... :(

Main NSM Site

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Gamer4250 on March 09, 2009, 01:07:42 PMYour requirements pretty much killed any change of anything really good.
No it doesn't. Go watch...
Bleach (Uncut version FTW!!!!)
Naruto (Again...uncut)
Mushi-Shi (It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!)
Slayers is pretty good from what I've seen.

Dude

Please tell me you watched those in Japanese with english subs.
Seriously.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Dude on April 06, 2009, 08:33:28 AMPlease tell me you watched those in Japanese with english subs.
Seriously.
Yes, I do. The only anime that I watch in English is Mushi-Shi, but that's because the Dubs are actually REALLY good!

Dude

SuperFireKirby

Everyone is gonna be bashing me for this but watch and read Naruto. My favorite Anime. And if you like funny anime, watch Bo-bo-bo Bo Bo-bo-bo. Funniest anime I've ever seen, hands down. You litterally can't watch one episode without laughing until you can't breath. Watch it in english. It's one of the only english dubbs that are actually good.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

The-Real-Link

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 17, 2009, 06:22:49 PMEveryone is gonna be bashing me for this but watch and read Naruto. My favorite Anime. And if you like funny anime, watch Bo-bo-bo Bo Bo-bo-bo. Funniest anime I've ever seen, hands down. You litterally can't watch one episode without laughing until you can't breath. Watch it in english. It's one of the only english dubbs that are actually good.
Why would people bash you for Naruto?!?! Naruto is awsome! I still can't stress enough....somebody go buy a copy of Yuki Urishibara's Mushishi!!!! Her Manga is amazing, and the show is even better!

SuperFireKirby

Last time i said that I was like a weasel on weasel stomping day. Oh another good show is M.A.R.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!