News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Haven't seen it, though I hear it's fantastic.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

InfinitySoul

Baccano is my favorite of all time ^o^

SlowPokemon

I finally got around to watching past the first few Terror in Resonance episodes. And wow, I'm through episode 6 and it's getting pretty good. Alternating episodes of this and Kids on the Slope may not have been the best idea for juxtaposition but it's interesting how they both affect me emotionally in different ways.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

My friend recommended me Tokyo Ghoul, and so far it's pretty good.  Neat premise and doesn't seem to plod along too much like some.  I'm only about 7 episodes in, but it's only had its first season so far o:

Meanwhile she was watching some tremendously homosexual looking anime short that had some half fish and half octopus dudes sitting in a bathtub together while a random guy would come in and shenanigans would ensue

wot

edit: I found a screencap actually

It is apparently entitled "Orenchi no Furo Jijō"

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Meh. Terror in Resonance was kind of a copout. I liked it fine but it just didn't hold water. All of the tonal inconsistency was hard to overlook and the plot just got shakier and shakier as it went on. Pretty disappointed. Kids on the Slope is about fifteen times better.

I will say that the animation was INCREDIBLE and the music was very interesting, as expected of Yoko Kanno.

Bubbles

@kefka I heard about that too. I has no idea bout the octopus guy though >.>

@slow the whole show for me was building up pressure until the very last part where all the emotion from the whole show was released. I'm not sure if that was the intent though or if I was just really emotional that day but that ENDING

this show is hitting me again
You knew from the very beginning that basically everyone was going to die. There's no way two terrorists could have a happy ending, whether they are the "good guys" or not. Both of them knew it too. This show set itself up as an obvious tragedy, and I watched each episode knowing that.  Lisa's purpose was to show that all of them were just kids who should be making friends and generally enjoying their childhood, but they've had all that taken away and now they can't handle living normally. Politically, I guess it was supposed to show the magnitude of things the media or other groups can hold back from the public but eh I've never really been a fan of anything political.

tl;dr ZnT was one giant pile of sad
[close]

K-NiGhT

I went back and finished the dub of Attack on Titan. Even though it was seriously overhyped, I thought it was a good show. A lot of the voice actors were pretty decent, too.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Attack on Titan is one of those that's not ever bad and you remember it just because it's consistently enjoyable and entertaining. That said, there's not much that actually sticks with you for a long time. Haven't heard the dub but I know the guy who voices Eren is also the guy who voices Makoto and Nagito in Danganronpa, and I loved him in those. Especially as Nagito.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 20, 2014, 02:47:38 PMThanks for the recommendations. Personally, idk what I like, but a combination of action, character development and overly complex plot, I guess?

oldass quote but i was bored

u wud luv Evangelion if those are your 3 most critical aspects
shit's pretty fucked up tho

Otherwise I just finished Tokyo Ghoul and DANG that finale was pretty intense.

Now I might give Psycho Pass another try (wasn't too keen after 2 ep but all of my friends other suggestions have been great), plus some other friends recommended me "Revolutionary Girl Utena" which sounds neat.

me irl
[close]

Roz~

Psycho-Pass is pretty good. It's weird and gory and fun
The story was pretty good too.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Jompa

Psycho-Pass is pretty great. Second season airing now:D
Revolutionary Girl Utena is absolutely brilliant.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Ah yeah that one's by the guy who did Penguindrum, right?

Jompa

It's his previous work before Penguindrum. Even more surreal:P
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

So, despite the excess of suggestions of everyone on the site, I started Death Note. I've heard the ending is not that great, but the first part made the entire thing worth it. I'm only on episode 24 or 25 so far. And that was quite a change in opening themes......

Jompa

The ending is probably the one thing that saves the show from being bad.
Birdo for Smash