Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit0010

Have you guys seen the new Ao Haru Ride Anime?? there are like 7 episodes out atm, updates every Monday...

So good :3
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Jompa

I haven't gotten around to the anime yet, but ages ago I read up to date on the manga.
If the anime is as good as the manga, then yes, I agree: So good!
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

I'm on episode 5 of Terror in Resonance, a currently-airing anime directed by the same guy who did my favorite anime Kids on the Slope as well as Cowboy Bebop. The music is by Yoko Kanno, who did those two series as well, and jesus christ the music is good. The animation is about the same as those series, which means really really good, and the story is just REALLY WEIRD--the main characters are terrorists. That's basically all you need to know. I'm interested to see how this one turns out.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

I loooove that one. It was a little too weird for me at first but I've really grown into it. That, Tokyo Ghoul, and Barakamon are my favorites this season

Jompa

This is ironic, but for me SAO II has been one of the best this season. That and Space Dandy 2, Baby Steps, Nobunaga Concerto and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Barakamon is pretty good too.
I'm thinking of dropping Terror in Resonance and Tokyo Ghoul. I'll give them a couple more episodes to impress me...
Birdo for Smash

InfinitySoul

Quote from: Jompa on August 31, 2014, 01:04:48 AMThis is ironic, but for me SAO II has been one of the best this season. That and Space Dandy 2, Baby Steps, Nobunaga Concerto and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Barakamon is pretty good too.
I'm thinking of dropping Terror in Resonance and Tokyo Ghoul. I'll give them a couple more episodes to impress me...

You're crazy! XD I mean I only saw Tokyo Ghoul and I do like it but I heard Zankyou no Terror is amazing and one of the best of this season.

SlowPokemon

I'm going to watch all of Terror in Resonance before I make a decision I think.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pit0010

Quote from: Jompa on August 23, 2014, 06:11:38 AMI haven't gotten around to the anime yet, but ages ago I read up to date on the manga.
If the anime is as good as the manga, then yes, I agree: So good!

ohh! I think it's quite good! And the humour is still there~ It feels like the anime can really capture more of the characters' emotions
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Maelstrom

So, if I haven't watched any anime, what would be a good show to start with? I've head Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood) is good for that. So would that be a good place to start?

SuperFireKirby

FMA: Brotherhood is the show that made me go from having almost no respect for anime to being an avid fan of the genre. And even after all the other animes I've watched since, I'd say it's probably still the best one I've seen.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 07, 2014, 12:41:06 PMSo would that be a good place to start?
try this. If I could have one wish, it would be to get my memory about this show erased so I could experience it for the first time once more :'(
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

Ehhhh personally wouldn't start with Melancholy

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

InfinitySoul

Melancholy is not a good starter anime tbh. I would start with Death Note

Bubbles

My very first anime was Melancholy (if you don't count dbz and pokemon, which I don't) and I hated it. iirc I almost dropped it because I wasn't used to certain anime tropes and they really bothered me. I'd start with something less anime-y so you could appreciate it more (just make sure to not spoil yourself before starting it).

Like SFK said, FMA is probably the best one to start with. The only thing I can see being a problem is that its a bit long and most anime are not

Or maybe start with some Ghibli movies? They're not technically series but they're still pretty enjoyable

Jompa

What an unfortunate trio of posts here for us Haruhi-fans... Oh well, opinions, opinions...
I dropped FMA, so I'm not the best to say this, but I really hated it. It was like the definition of a lame shounen, imo. But MAL thinks is the best think ever, so I guess I'm wrong.

The Melancholy was like my fifth/sixth anime - and there couldn't have been a better time for me to watch it, so yeah, maybe it isn't the best starter anime. Still though, I think is a really good watch for new anime viewers, maybe as like their fifth show or something.

Death Note is a really cheap show though, any way you look at it... but it's extremely enjoyable for some crazy reason
Birdo for Smash