News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Kyoukai no Kanata was very good. The first episode was what drew me in and I never regretted it

And with all this sad talk about Clannad I'm assuming you mean After Story? Since I haven't watched that and the only sad thing I remember from the original series is Fuko

SuperFireKirby

Watching through Brotherhood again. Just as good as it was the first time.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Echo

Quote from: Bubbles on April 08, 2014, 07:33:15 PMI have no idea how good it is, but I just saw something called Soul Eater Not! and it seems to be a Soul Eater spin off! Olimar I thought you might want to know :J

They're only making an anime now? I saw the manga years ago. >_>

Quote from: zoroark1264 on April 08, 2014, 08:39:57 PMHas anyone here watched Sword Art Online?

More of a .hack fan.

SuperFireKirby

The Soul Eater anime has been finished for awhile now. Soul Eater Not! is a spin-off of the anime/manga.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

Clannad = Amazing. Like why haven't you guys alteady watched it yet? So good. "After Story" is the second season, and that's the one with all the sadness and feels. It should be watched together with the first season

Sword Art Online = Garbage. Never before has the world of anime seen wasted potential to this degree. It's just so unnelieveably bad, but for some crazy reason it has this huge western fanbase going around saying it's the best anime they ever watched (eventhough it was the first time they ever saw an anime)...

Kyoukai no Kanata = It's ok. Compared to other KyoAni shows I'd say it's pretty bad.
Birdo for Smash

Echo

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 08, 2014, 10:15:58 PMThe Soul Eater anime has been finished for awhile now. Soul Eater Not! is a spin-off of the anime/manga.

I was talking about Soul Eater Not. I remember seeing the first chapter years ago, though I guess it went on hiatus or something since it doesn't seem to be very far along.

braix

Quote from: Yugi on April 08, 2014, 08:40:27 PMIf you like it I think I cannot respect you anymore.
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 08, 2014, 08:41:32 PMJompa and I agree its the worst anime either of us have watched all the way through.
Quote from: Roz~ on April 08, 2014, 08:47:48 PMI watched it. At first it was... alright, and then the second part of the season was meh. I don't understand why people consider it one of the best if not the best anime ever made.
I was disappointed because it looked so promising, and then... it could've been so much better
I guess I shouldn't watch it then? XD
People have been telling me it was good. Idek anymore.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dude

Quote from: Roz~ on April 08, 2014, 08:47:48 PMOh, as anyone watched Kyoukai no Kanata a.k.a Beyond the Boundary? I just watched the first episode and it looks pretty interesting. Apparently it was one of the best anime from 2013, so hopefully it's gonna be awesome.
fuyukai desu :p

Jompa

Yes, you should never watch it. Your life will be filled with 50% more frustration if you do.

The animation is top-notch (though extremely annoying, since it's A1), and even though some of the OST is literally stolen from Mirai Nikki and some from a Norwegian TV-channel, the music is quite good. The first two episodes are great, they make a good job of getting us into the right mindset for their world. But that only lasts until that first boss fight, and after that the show is totally lame and there's almost no action.
In the middle-part of the Aincrad arc when
Spoiler
Kirito and Asuna are married and supposedly front-line fighters
[close]
, all we ever see is their vacation from the front lines, not the actual fights. And that little girl they find, wtf was that all about? They wasted so much of the show on something so unnecessary and boring. And like the minute they start fighting again,
Spoiler
they like immediately find the bad guy and defies logic (more than once) to defeat him
[close]
, making the most anti-climatic transition ever over to the Alfheim arc.
The Alfheim arc can be summed up in one sentence;
Spoiler
Kirito goes into ALO to find Asuna, where he meets his busty sister who falls in love with him in-game, before they take on the game, and frees Asuna with the help of some other totally random and unheard-of players. <--- And that's like 10 episodes!!!!!!
[close]
The Alfheim arc is even more boring than the vacation part. Nothing happens. The only action-filled part was the very short part when
Spoiler
he had to beat the game. Which he only needed two tries to do..
[close]
The last episode was a bit better, but how is that supposed to make up for anything?
Man SAO is so bad.
I only even watched it because the first two episodes were so good, and I was hoping it would maybe return to that, but man the disappointment...
I can, without exaggerating, say that Sword Art Online is the worst show I've ever finished.

Quote from: Roz~ on April 08, 2014, 08:47:48 PMApparently it was one of the best anime from 2013,
btw, absolutely not
Birdo for Smash

Roz~

Ugh the middle part of the Aincrad arc made me want to stop watching the show entirely. It was so freaking boring. I found that part more boring than the 2nd arc really. I might still watch Season 2 once it's out, but eh... I'll definitely watch other animes before I watch   SAO2.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Dude

I'm stoked for the second season of Free!

Anyone else or is it just me?

Bubbles

Dude

Bubbles

Idk but soon enough that they decided to announce it.

Olimar12345

Question! So I just finished rewatching the first season of Clannad, with plans to continue to the after story(which I never finished-originally stopping about 9 episodes in). I just found out that there is a movie, is it cannon? Is it worth waching, and if so, where does it fit into the series?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!