Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Lol I got a kick out of that, Jompa xD

Quote from: Dude on December 07, 2013, 06:31:20 PMI've been watching Watamote lately

Hey dood how is it so far? I've been told to watch it and I've literally never heard of it before.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jompa

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 11, 2013, 07:04:28 AMHey dood how is it so far? I've been told to watch it and I've literally never heard of it before.
I hope you don't mind my opinion on it:
It's really new, it aired last season, so that's why you haven't heard of it before.
Animation and visuals are pretty much top-notch.
I personally couldn't get into it. It wasn't funny or cute or exciting or anything like that. And I was pretty much just forcing myself to watch it. Basically, I think it's bad. I felt embarrassed over whatever happened, and I guess that was a strong intentional effect, but I definitely didn't like it. But I notice that lot of people love the show, so I'd say this it's very much up to the preferences.
Honestly, I was kinda grossed out over the main character throughout the entire show, as she's a real bitch. And actually, she herself was made to be too ugly for me to want to watch her.
I am not a fan of comedy anime, and when the comedy isn't even funny, then that's not something for me.
Birdo for Smash

Dude

I loved it because I can totally relate to her apparently unlike jompa

Jompa

Addendum:
One thing about the show though, is that many of the scenarios and how the MC reacts 'n stuff is something very many people can relate to, including myself. It was like a parody of the dark parts of my life. I think that part of the show was very well-made, which pretty much is the main thing about the show anyways (I'm speaking bad english right now), but I just didn't like it, and I find it hard to believe that most people would disagree with me. But like Dude, there are loads of people who do, and that is just to be expected imo, as it is a well-made show that "hits all the targets it's made for itself" if that made sense. As for me, I just think those "targets" it went for doesn't make up a good show - I didn't find it entertaining, which I think is kinda important.
Personally, being able to relate to the main character isn't enough reason for me to watch a show.
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Waddle! Season finale of NouCome is out!
It was satisfying.

And everyone else!
New OVA of Shingeki no Kyojin everyone. Twas kinda good.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

"Kinda good"? It was amazing, if not very eventful. It actually made me genuinely terrified.

Then again I didn't read the manga, so if you guys already knew that stuff I doubt it would've had that effect on you.

FierceDeity

Finally got around to watching that new attack on titan (I'm just gonna keep calling it that, hope nobody minds), and yeah damn I thought it was pretty freakin good. But same as bubbles, I haven't read the manga. Does this mean they're starting to come out with new episodes regularly again? Because of so, that was pretty fast.

Bubbles

Sadly, season 2 doesn't start until April. That was just a special episode that was a bonus on a dvd set or something, and it made its way to the internet (obviously).

FierceDeity

Bubbles

So I had this whole list of great shows to watch and I impulsively started Ouran High School Host Club

i dont even know anymore

edit: I cant believe this show

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Jompa on December 11, 2013, 01:53:59 PMWaddle! Season finale of NouCome is out!
It was satisfying.
I knowwww. :D I'm just about to start watching it.

Jompa

Quote from: Bubbles on December 13, 2013, 04:58:53 PMSadly, season 2 doesn't start until April.
Quote from: FierceDeity on December 13, 2013, 06:33:51 PMaw man...
You can't be disappointed if the next season is out already in april!!!! :P Quite the privilege in my book
EDIT: or was that just a rumor anyways?

Quote from: Bubbles on December 13, 2013, 06:49:12 PMSo I had this whole list of great shows to watch and I impulsively started Ouran High School Host Club
It's a very good show and all, but it's just so crazily cliché that it takes away all the excitement. I could barely even finish it.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

Its extremely cliché, but at the same time strangely addicting.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Ghaaaahaaha!!!! I just finished "Strobe Edge", with tears in my eyes may I add, and it is one of the best romance mangas I've read so far!!!!! I totes recommend it, and a really nice thing about it is that it is actually completed, so no waiting-for-new-release-shit!!^^
It was beautiful.
Birdo for Smash