News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

It is very very creepy, and well-told. The last couple of episodes are seriously scary imo, and also quite shocking, really.
Birdo for Smash

Pit0010

I just finished it!....

man...dat last episode ... I could actually see it coming
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Jompa

I was recommended by a friend to check out "Bungaku Shoujo" ("Literature Girl"), which consists of two OVA series and a movie. It is so goddamn weird, but seriously, it was good. Aya Hirano being psychotic, who'd turn that down?
There's a hint of magic/fantasy, but it's just a tiny medium to convey the story, and it's quite pleasant.
Music was awesome.
If anyone wanna just jump right into it and watch it, I have links to it all:
First OVA episode
Second OVA series, consisting of three episodes
Anime movie, which is the main thing. The OVAs are warm-ups kinda.
[close]
I'm happy I watched it. It's one of those good shows that for some reason leave you wondering what the point of even making it was, but make you realize what a fun way you've just spent your time.
What I especially liked about Bungaku Shoujo was that there was that shock value, similar to that of Higurashi, that I honestly haven't gotten to experience in years.
I probably won't get into it, but I think there's a lot more to the series, as it's adapted from a novel series that is much bigger than the parts adapted into anime.
Birdo for Smash

Dude

I've been watching Watamote lately

It's like looking at a mirror.

Jompa

"Strobe Edge" is amazing. Prime exemplar of the kinda shoujo manga that'll make you totally depressed when you catch up to it..
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

Finally started Cowboy Bebop. Get to see what I was missing.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

I've been meaning to start a new anime, and now that winter break is coming up I might actually have enough time to do it. So far I'm thinking about:

Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood)
Naruto (my friend really wants me to start this but I'm not so sure)
Diabolik Lovers (another one from my friend...but again idk)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gin no Saji (only because the title character dresses like Professor Layton lmao)
Steins;Gate
Clannad: After Story

And my cousin recommended something called Gargantua? He wasn't too sure of the name himself and he didn't tell me any of the plot details (so I wouldn't be spoiled) so I really have no idea what it is.

Yugi

NGE isn't that good, it was amazing when there was nothing else to compare it to, but nowadays it kinda falls under the water.

SuperFireKirby

FMA original is not nearly as good as Brotherhood, but it's still a pretty good show even though the ending was absolute garbage.

Naruto is my guilty pleasure anime. The total number of episodes so far is 561. Even if you don't count filler, there's about 120 episodes of the original series and about 250 or so of Shipudden, so it'll take you awhile to catch up. But I do highly recommend you at least give it a shot.

BUT if you want an AMAZING series you can watch in one sitting, watch Afro Samurai. 5 episodes and a movie but it's one of the best animes I've ever seen.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

I have about five friends who swear by NGE, and Yugi is the first person I've heard say it's not good. So going by recommendations, I'd watch that. I've also heard Steins;gate is really good, which is next on my list.

Oh, and if you want slice of life, try Sakamichi no Apollon (12 episodes) or Kokoro Connect (17 episodes). They're now two of my favorite anime. I feel like you'd like Kokoro Connect better of the two.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 10, 2013, 08:28:41 PMthe ending was absolute garbage.

Honestly, I haven't seen brotherhood (I know, shame on me), so I can't compare, but I don't really think the ending was that bad. Sometimes I wonder if getting attached to the manga (or its specific storyline, in this case the one in Brotherhood) is what makes an anime that doesn't stay true to it seem so bad. That's why I watched the original anime first, to kinda try to bias myself in the opposite direction to see if the hype about brotherhood is warranted when I watch it over break.

Jompa

Quote from: Bubbles on December 10, 2013, 07:57:10 PMI've been meaning to start a new anime, and now that winter break is coming up I might actually have enough time to do it. So far I'm thinking about:

Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood)
Naruto (my friend really wants me to start this but I'm not so sure)
Diabolik Lovers (another one from my friend...but again idk)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gin no Saji (only because the title character dresses like Professor Layton lmao)
Steins;Gate
Clannad: After Story

And my cousin recommended something called Gargantua? He wasn't too sure of the name himself and he didn't tell me any of the plot details (so I wouldn't be spoiled) so I really have no idea what it is.
Clannad After Story is the best one on the list, but it's the second season of Clannad, so watch that first.
Gin no Saji is great, it's really new.
Steins;Gate is amazing.
I haven't seen Diabolic Lovers.
The rest really isn't of much quality, and they are undoubtedly over-rated (because of popularity), to some degree anyways. Fullmetal Alchemist isn't toooo bad, but..

I recommend Space Brothers, as it is the best anime ever created.

EDIT: And Suisei no Gargantia (the one your cousine recommended) is pretty bad.

ANOTHER EDIT:
Quote from: from slowI have about five friends who swear by NGE, and Yugi is the first person I've heard say it's not good. So going by recommendations, I'd watch that. I've also heard Steins;gate is really good, which is next on my list.

Oh, and if you want slice of life, try Sakamichi no Apollon (12 episodes) or Kokoro Connect (17 episodes). They're now two of my favorite anime. I feel like you'd like Kokoro Connect better of the two.
I also think NGE is bad - it's so hard to get into, and it's only popular in the first place because it's already popular (that didn't make sense), but in relation to everything else, it's not that good.
I can comfirm what slow says about Sakamichi no Apollon and Kokoro Connect - they are really amazing.
And Steins;Gate, which I've posted loads aobut before, is very very amazing - just hard to get past the two first episodes without getting slightly bored.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jompa on December 11, 2013, 05:37:51 AMI recommend Space Brothers, as it is the best anime ever created.

:P Do you ever realize that every couple weeks you have a new anime that you say is the best anime ever created???
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Actually slow, that's not true - It's always Space Brothers that I say is the best, I just bring it up a lot
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

just to support that statement:
Quote from: Jompa on December 14, 2012, 07:12:10 AMSo I just found this thing called Space Brothers, and it's the best fucking show I have seen in my live, anime or not.
Quote from: Jompa on December 24, 2012, 03:52:14 AMSpace Brothers(best show in the world - anime or not!!! - ongoing).
Quote from: Jompa on January 25, 2013, 08:09:14 AM63. What is your favourite anime?
Uchuu Kyoudai
Quote from: Jompa on January 02, 2013, 02:02:53 PM"Uchuu Kyoudai" - now, I'm just mentioning this because it's my favorite anime right now, and it really is the best thing I've ever seen. And I've seen A LOT of anime..! Note that this show could make a serial killer cry, no joke. It's ongoing, like 39 episodes in or something..
subbed.
Quote from: Jompa on February 18, 2013, 01:27:32 PMSpace Brothers has the exact same feel to it, but is a lot better..!
Quote from: Jompa on April 07, 2013, 09:00:06 AMIt is, today, one entire year since "Uchuu Kyoudai", the greatest show ever, started airing.
And it still is magnificent, even now at episode 52!
I hope this show will continue on forever! :D
Quote from: Jompa on April 14, 2013, 02:46:33 PMUchuu Kyoudai is amazing!! :D
Quote from: Jompa on July 16, 2013, 10:32:44 AMWe all know of my undying love for Uchuu Kyoudai, right?
Well, that show is still ongoing of course, but another anime by the same studio, A-1 Pictures, has started airing - it's called Gin no Saji, or Silver Spoon in English, and I can tell it's gonna be very much like Uchuu Kyoudai - which is a good thing. A very good thing. Like they even got the same guy to do the OP and ED.
It's only one episode inn so far, but check it out people - it's slice of life at its best.
Quote from: Jompa on October 05, 2013, 02:51:01 PMAnd "Space Brothers", the best show in the entire universe, continues, as it has been doing for the last three seasons (it's at episode 76 now).
Quote from: Jompa on December 11, 2013, 05:37:51 AMI recommend Space Brothers, as it is the best anime ever created.
After I found Uchuu Kyoudai, I've never said that anything else is the best show.
Birdo for Smash