News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryOak

Quote from: Nebbles on May 06, 2013, 02:54:48 PMMost of the current anime I'm watching... are kinda sad. NGE is just a giant heartbreak, Titan is bloody and depressing... I need something uplifting!

I thought about this for a while and then I realized that I haven't watched a single uplifting series. Everything just seems to turn out as horrible tragic shit.

Edit. Hiromu Arakawa (the creator of FMA) is apparently starting a new series which looks pretty cool.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

Quote from: Yugi on May 06, 2013, 06:21:32 PMNormally the first episodes of all anime suck.
Well, in this case they don't suck, but as I said, you have to think - which isn't bad, but when you get two episodes to understand the entire concept of mini-black holes, John Titor, and SERN (no, I don't mean CERN), you aren't really enjoying yourself.
But the rest of the show is absolutely intense! It's one of those shows that make your heart temporarily stop until the problem is solved, just to present a new breath-taking problem right away. It's very good.
It probably isn't as good dubbed, though.. this is a rare case where I watched it subbed. I didn't find the dub very appealing to me.

Quote from: Nebbles on May 06, 2013, 06:53:02 PMWell, I started watching Attack of Titan and holy moly, it's amazing.
I am watching it too...but I really don't like it..
I think I'm just being grumpy because the OP is over-using the "epic-horns"..
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dude

I would assume trumpets or some other brass instrument.

EDIT: Holy fuck this is awsm.

ilu jompa

Jompa

You know, those clishé french horns that literally appear every four measures - Hokuto no Ken OST had quite a lot of those, so I fell in love with it, but the Shinkyo OP is just over-using them...
I guess that's my only complain about the show actually, but still, I'm not really enjoying it..:P

@Dude; you mean Steins;Gate?
Birdo for Smash

Dude

Yes.

I'd watch more but I have a project I should work on.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

Quote from: Jompa on May 07, 2013, 02:18:47 PMYou know, those clishé french horns that literally appear every four measures - Hokuto no Ken OST had quite a lot of those, so I fell in love with it, but the Shinkyo OP is just over-using them...
I guess that's my only complain about the show actually, but still, I'm not really enjoying it..:P

@Dude; you mean Steins;Gate?

Ah... it gets much better past episode 1, at least.

This anime isn't for the faint of heart though. Hoo boy.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jompa

Well I have watched all of the episodes so far, but I just think it got worse..
And yeah, it's kinda grotesque.
Birdo for Smash

GaryOak

I bought some kind of anime encyclopedia and this is what it says about Luffy (from One Piece):

"He saves the life of the red-haired Junx, who gives him his trademark lucky hat."

I don't even.Luffy saved him?? What the hell is Junx?? Lucky hat????
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

I just finished "The World God Only Knows", which is sorta like a romance, but at the same time absolutely not. It is really good and enjoyable.

The story is about a nerd who's more or less forced into a contract. So because of this he has to find girls who has "loose souls" in them, which are demons who prey on the emptiness in peoples' heart. When he finds such a girl he has to fill that emptiness making the demon go away, so it will get captured by demon hunters. The way he fills emptiness in girls' heart is by using his dating sim skills to conquer them and making them fall in love with him. It is pretty great :)
It has a lot of comedy elements in it, and it pulls it of better than any anime I have watched since School Rumble, so this was a refreshing watch!
And this is a harem, so for what it is worth: the girls are really cute :)

The art is perfect, and extremely well "executed".
The music is pretty darn genius. And what's extremely cool about it is how the music manages to build up so much emotions at just the perfect moment. Ahh.. so good!
I watched it dubbed. Voiced by Chris Patton and Lucy Christian who literally are the two most over-used english voice actors in anime ever. But they are extremely talented people, so it's not like it is a bad thing! :) And also the rest of "that gang" that they belong to, like Greg Ayres, Brittney Karbowski, Hilary Haag and a bunch of other cool recognizable people.

So now I'm just waiting for the third season, which is gonna air in July :) Can't wait.
Birdo for Smash

Dude

Oh, I saw it in Japanese. It was pretty good.

Jompa

Oh my god, everyone watch Sister Princess! I haven't cried this much in a long time  :'(
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

Started watching FMA: Brotherhood and holy shit Bradley is an utter badass.

Spoiler
And yes, I know he's wrath
[close]

Bubbles

And do you know that from watching or did you look it up?