News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Pit0010

Quote from: Jompa on February 10, 2013, 04:51:46 AMDeadman Wonderland is grotesque!!!! holy mother of god...

Still gonna watch it though..  :o

OMG! COME ON...I LOVE DEADMAN WONDERLAND!! It's like the one I always look forward to read! And finally after a year of waiting...CHAPTER 52 CAME OUT!!! :D

But yes of course...it can be very gory and bloody. But it has a very suspenseful and interesting plot.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Jompa

I have seen worse, that's for sure!
Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

I've said it once before, but I strongly recommend Naruto (really only to get to Naruto Shippuuden) as an anime.
I'm sure the manga is great too, but I've only seen the anime and it blows me away.

As for manga recommendations, check out The Legend Of Zelda manga series. It's fantastic, especially the Ocarina Of Time books.
Only problem with them is they're too short.
(And whatever you do, don't watch the Zelda cartoon they made way back when. It's absolutely pathetic)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Jompa

I'm using a spoiler tag, because the top-post says "no nudity, and minimal sexual content"
"Nozoki Ana", which translates to "A Peeping Hole", is a GREAT manga, that could be found anywhere on the web for free.
It is very close to hentai, but at the same time; not really.
I'm not really a pervert, and hence not usually into this sorta stuff, but Nozoki Ana is the best manga I've read!
The story, and especially the setting, is so great. It is a masterpiece.

Don't judge me because of its almost-hentainess..
[close]
I think Studio Fantasia is currently making an anime of it, and that it's supposed to air in april or something(?)
Birdo for Smash

Dude

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 15, 2013, 10:11:21 AMI've said it once before, but I strongly recommend Naruto (really only to get to Naruto Shippuuden)
Currently on Ep. 65 of Shippuden. I haven't seen the original series in, liek, 4 years but I think I liked it more. And according to a friend who's rewatching it, the animation took a serious downhill slide with Shippuden.

Shippuden's animation is ridiculously terrible at some points.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

JDMEK5

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 15, 2013, 10:10:44 PMShippuden's animation is ridiculously terrible at some points.
Yes. It is sometimes. But it's still good and I love it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Jompa

I haven't come across a show in a while, so intense that I watch it through in one go.
I can remember the 26 episode long "Mirai Nikki", watched in one saturday.
I didn't even go to the bathroom once during my watch of "So Ra No Wo To".
The episodes of "Higashi no Eden" flew by.
I can remember "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" (the first season), watched in one day.
I remember not being able to leave the computer while watching the second season of "Clannad" - After Story.
(And I managed to watch 27 episodes of Monster in one day as well.)

But that is starting to become a long time ago now. I've missed being obsessed with a show.
The last show that hypnotized me was "Eureka Seven", but it didn't capture me enough to keep watching and watching, like the above did.

But...
today, I found "White Album".

Basically: It is pretty magnificent. All 13 episodes in one go. And I'll begin the second season now.
Birdo for Smash

GaryOak

Quote from: Jompa on February 18, 2013, 12:43:14 PM(And I managed to watch 27 episodes of Monster in one day as well.)

..!

That reminded me to watch/read this series. Everyone says it's very awsm.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

I stopped at like 44..
I don't know why, it's just; everything started to get a bit too crazy for its own good.

Space Brothers has the exact same feel to it, but is a lot better..!
Birdo for Smash

GaryOak

Gotta check that too at some point. Monster seems to be pretty interesting after 6 episodes. It feels a little like Urasawa's another series, 20th Century Boys.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 15, 2013, 10:10:44 PMShippuden's animation is ridiculously terrible at some points.

Episode 167 was the most horrendous thing I've ever seen with my eyes.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

JDMEK5

Quote from: GaryOak (in regards to Naruto Shippuden) on February 20, 2013, 04:44:19 AMEpisode 167 was the most horrendous thing I've ever seen with my eyes.
No kidding. When my friend introduced me to Naruto, he showed me that episode.
I was like: "That's such a horrible battle. It's so cheap it's not even interesting." And the animation was horrible as well. I'm not even sure where that battle took place but it sure wasn't anywhere near the place where it begun and ended..
I think the people writing the story went too far. I mean, how do you go past destroying a planet? (For answers, tune in to dragonball Z)
Let's just say it took a lot more than that to get me on the wagon.

My Arrangements

SuperFireKirby

Gosh darnit guys, now I REALLY have something to look forward too. Just 80 moore episodes until I can watch that beautiful episode. I'm seriously looking forward to it. But isn't it a filler episode,since I heard aboot everything from like 140 - 200 was filler.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

GaryOak

I WISH IT WAS A FILLER but no. My only explanation for that episode is that the animators were on drugs.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary