News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 01, 2013, 07:47:22 PMOoh you'd really enjoy Howl's Moving Castle and Howl's Moving Castle.  Howl's Moving Castle is probably a touch too violent but what am i saying its the best movie evar.

fixed

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm a little intimidated by Mononoke....somehow they managed to rate an animated movie PG13 for images of gore.  :o  Must be pretty bad.  I did watch Kiki.  Enjoyable.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on February 01, 2013, 08:14:44 PMfixed

Howls isn't violent in the least.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on February 01, 2013, 08:37:27 PMI'm a little intimidated by Mononoke....somehow they managed to rate an animated movie PG13 for images of gore.  :o  Must be pretty bad.  I did watch Kiki.  Enjoyable.

It's not that bad. Anyone 12+ can handle it IMO. And the movie is fantastic so watch it anyway :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheZeldaPianist275

Oh, I'm going to.  You couldn't stop me.   :P  I'm really intrigued.

SlowPokemon

Kiki is so cute, and the music is great. I love the opening theme music, the main waltz theme I mean.

Bubbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 01, 2013, 08:39:59 PMHowls isn't violent in the least.
I know, hence the what am i saying its the best movie evar.

It did have alot of bombs though

SlowPokemon

I was talking about Princess Mononoke though, which actually has a fair amount of blood and gore for an animated flick

GaryOak

I gotta change my opinion on my favourite anime. Baccano was great but Slam Dunk just happened. Quite a long series(about 100 episodes) but I've watched 80 of them in a really short time and can't stop watching. At first I wasn't really excited about it just because I don't really like basketball and in the beginning it felt like a love triangle story(I'm getting sick of unrequited love stories). But fortunately it isn't like that. The main storyline is about a high school basketball team wanting to win national championship. A simple concept but the way the story is told and the most awesome characters ever make it really thrilling to watch. I also love that besides the sports theme it has some classic shonen ass-kicking moments, lots of humour and a little bit of drama. And on the top of this the number of filler episodes is like zero. I read that in the 90s this series increased the popularity of basketball in Japan and gotta say that it makes me wanna play it too. This kind of influential anime is the best.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

TheZeldaPianist275

SFK!  My mind is actively being blown by Brotherhood!  :O  I'm on 37.

SuperFireKirby

AGHHHHH YOUR GETTING TO THE BEST PARTTTTTTTT

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

Quote from: Jompa on January 11, 2013, 07:17:14 AMBut Clannad is one of the best thing ever, so it's ok.
FINISHED IT AND AFTER STORY

BEST SAD ANIME I'VE WATCHED IN FOREVER.

Jompa

:D
I know right?! I know I'm just over sensitive but I start crying just thinking about it :') It's so great
Birdo for Smash

Dude

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Dude