Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I think Melancholy is popular because it successfully blends together a TON of genres--doesn't really belong to a single genre.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Nah, lots of stuff do that, I think it is just a perfect mix between Kyon's nonsense narrating, and the shaky plot, that captures people from the start, and never lets them forget why they're continuing watching. And to not let us get tired of this it relies on many other elements as well.
It's basically never letting it's guard down for us to get bored. I think that's why the Endless Eight is such a huuuuuge shock, because that's the first time we get bored by something.
Birdo for Smash

popo447

Ok Jompa, I'll try you're stuff again. Thanks for the help.
Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

Olimar12345

Quote from: GaryOak on January 23, 2013, 02:00:46 AMIf you liked NGE you could try Ergo Proxy.

How is that? I was told I would like it...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

GaryOak

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 23, 2013, 05:12:28 PMHow is that? I was told I would like it...

I would describe it as a dark cyberpunk sci-fi drama with random action scenes here and there. At first I didn't think that I'd like it at all 'cause it's pretty dark but I got interested after 3-4 episodes. Animation is the thing I really like, especially all the 3D scenes. The story is also interesting but a little mindfuckish sometimes. I haven't finished it yet but so far it feels like quite a cool series.

In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

Olimar, I think you should try Welcome to the NHK
Birdo for Smash

Dude

Jompa

Quote from: popo447 on January 22, 2013, 03:03:28 PMJompa, I'm really sorry for saying this, but not a lot of those anime fit my preferences. Next time I should be more specific. Is thre anything out there that has a good blend of action, story, and maybe even a good dub?
As an addendum-sorta to my last reply to you:
Popo447, I recently found an anime called Eureka Seven. It fits your preferences WELL! And has some of the best english dub cast you could imagine (Stephanie Sheh (Mikuru Asahina...), Crispin Freeman (Kyon, Tsume...), Johnny Young Bosch (Itsuki Koizumi, Sakura Kusakabe, Kiba...), Kirk Thornton, Bridget Hoffman (Ryouko Asakura...) etc.). I'm at episode 7. So far I think it is a 9/10, and I'm usually not into sci-fi. :)
It's a good watch!
Birdo for Smash

TheZeldaPianist275

Welp, one of my best friends just loaned me pretty much her entire Miyazaki collection, so over the next few days I should be watching Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Nausicaa, and Princess Mononoke.  All for the first time.

SlowPokemon

*applauds*
Though that is sadly lacking in ponyo.

Bubbles

TheZeldaPianist275

I already saw that though!  Slow, how good is Ponyo?

SlowPokemon

Depends on your mindset, I suppose. Didn't like it when I first viewed it but upon seeing it again a year later, I really loved it. Now it's one of my favorites. It's worth watching, and the music is gorgeous.

blueflower999

I loved Ponyo. I think it's also the only Studio Ghibli movie I've ever seen...  ::)

That art style is pretty unique, and the story is touching.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Ooh you'd really enjoy Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Princess Mononoke is probably a touch too violent but it's really cool if you can get past it.