News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

No, it's just the English voice acting is quite good, imo

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 10, 2013, 04:29:18 AMNo, it's just the English voice acting is quite good, imo
Really?  I've just been watching it with English sub.  Hmm.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Meh, he's okay I guess.

major fucking alex fucking louis fucking armstrong's voice is BEAUTIFUL though

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

wow, I'm taking a look at the cast for the english dub, and these guys collected literally ALL of my favorite voice actors, except for Johnny Yong Bosch..
I mean, the guy who was Yukito from Air, Aki from School Rumble (and Okarin from Steins;Gate), Yuuichi Aizawa from Kanon 2006 (and Sato from NHK)... And no dub is complete without Greg Ayres! I'm interested guys! :D
Birdo for Smash

Dude

Why do 90% of the females look so derpy in Clannad? Their eyes are like so far apart. :P

Also, adorable ED is adorable.

Jompa

Quote from: Dude on January 10, 2013, 09:33:30 PMWhy do 90% of the females look so derpy in Clannad? Their eyes are like so far apart. :P

Also, adorable ED is adorable.
They look like bugs, and Nagisa even has antennas.. But Clannad is one of the best thing ever, so it's ok.

Daango Dango Dango Daango Daikozokuu~
I have an arrangement of it in my compositions thread..
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Omg, "Little Busters!" is just soo good. Truly living up to it's predecessors, Clannad, Air and Kanon 2006. And it's greatness will just keep multiplying! Oh I love it soo much!<3
I hope they'll do Kud's chapter soon.
Birdo for Smash

GaryOak

Finished reading all the chapters of Hunter x Hunter. I personally think that One Piece is currently the No.1 shonen manga but this could really compete with it. The reason why it can't do that is the occasionally horrible artwork and many hiatuses. It has a great plotline, awesome characters and REALLY surprising(cruel) moments. The artwork is great when it's at its best. And there is no boring chapters, I really couldn't stop reading at all. I really wish Togashi has the motivation and health to finish the series.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

popo447

Jompa, I'm really sorry for saying this, but not a lot of those anime fit my preferences. Next time I should be more specific. Is thre anything out there that has a good blend of action, story, and maybe even a good dub? I recently finnished Evangelion and it was one of the greatest things I had ever watched, hands down. (even if Shinji in th dub sounded like a screaming pile of kazoos) but what I'm askin' is if there is an anime with story and maybe small bits of action thrown in, prefferably sci-fi.

NO SHOUJO!!!!          Thank You
Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Quote from: popo447 on January 22, 2013, 03:03:28 PMNO SHOJEN!!!!
I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist. It's either Shounen or shoujo.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Dude on January 22, 2013, 05:00:16 PMI'm pretty sure that doesn't exist. It's either Shounen or shoujo.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing xD

Care to clear things up for us there, Popo?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

GaryOak

In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

Quote from: popo447 on January 22, 2013, 03:03:28 PMJompa, I'm really sorry for saying this, but not a lot of those anime fit my preferences. Next time I should be more specific. Is thre anything out there that has a good blend of action, story, and maybe even a good dub?
That's ok, everyone has their tastes :)
however I feel obligated to give you these two suggestions.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
I already suggested this, but the only explanations I can come up with of why you ditched it are that you didn't even check it out, or you are just to scared to continue watching ;) So I'm trying again.
and don't you dare to watch it dubbed!

If not then try Steins;Gate. it's the closest to action and sci-fi of all the above-average-good anime i've seen, except for Cowboy Bebop, but you've already seen that. I don't know why I didn't suggest that at first.
Great story, kinda hard to get into, but when you do it is incredible.
What I've experienced with people (including myself) watching Steins;Gate, is that they get scared of by the poor episode 1 & 2, but ALWAYS come back for more, just a couple of weeks later. It is actually really good, and it is a shame to not watch.
I know you don't care, but in my ranking list of best animes i've seen, Steins;Gate is listed as #9. Cowboy Bebop is #2. And I've watched a shitload, so it's not like I find good anime every day anymore..
It was just recently dubbed/is being dubbed by some of my favorite voice actors, so check that out if you want.

If not then that's ok, i guess my taste isn't your taste :)

And if you haven't watched the Melancholy, then you can't really say it doesn't fit your preferences, cause it just is so good that every single human on earth loves it, it just applies to absolutely everyone. So check that out! do it! no excuses; it is top-quality; a stepping stone in anime.
Birdo for Smash