See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

K-NiGhT

Bakuman and Hikaru no Go were both enjoyable.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Shadoninja

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 16, 2012, 01:08:02 PMBakuman and Hikaru no Go were both enjoyable.
Right?
Which manga from Bakuman would you read if it existed?

I'd probably read Detective Trap or PCP.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

K-NiGhT

I might read Reversi :0

Also the Bakuman ending was kinda mushy :P
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Jompa on June 16, 2012, 01:59:43 AMThis is the scene that made me fall in love with Hokuto no Ken:
Animation is absolute shit, but the show itself makes up for it - from episode 20 and out, I cried manly tears every other episode.
And the music is ossum!
This is kind of....awful. It's just so poorly done. Afro Samurai wins again.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 16, 2012, 10:24:24 PMThis is kind of....awful. It's just so poorly done. Afro Samurai wins again.
It was created in 1984! Y'know, when they still drew every single frame by entirely hand.
Quote from: Jompa on June 16, 2012, 01:59:43 AMAnimation is absolute shit, but the show itself makes up for it - from episode 20 and out, I cried manly tears every other episode.
And the music is ossum!
This. Besides I have Jesus Christ on my side here! Toki..
Honestly, how can you hate on a show with THIS good music?:
Some more videos of pure manliness:
Bruce Lee VS Ozzy Osbourne
Bruce Lee VS Arnold
Horse of Manliness
Bruce Lee VS Freddie Mercury
Birdo for Smash

GaryOak

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 16, 2012, 01:12:05 PMRight?
Which manga from Bakuman would you read if it existed?

I'd probably read Detective Trap or PCP.

Absolutely Classroom of Truth and Mikata's Justice. Courtroom manga would be kinda cool if it was well done.

I read the last Bakuman chapters yesterday. It was a really good series but like so many other mangas this got little screwed up towards the ending too. But surely looking forward to anything Ohba&Obata duo might do in the future.

I've watched several animes lately and gotta point out Baccano. Probably the best anime I've ever seen.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Yugi

I was just about to recommend battle royale, and then I remembered how people called me a playboy after that.

Jompa

I can honestly say that I've spent at least 1 000 hours watching anime. There was a period when me and a friend counted, and at the end of the period, I had watched 152 hours+, and that was a short period.

For as long as I've watched anime, I have also tried to maintain a list of my favorite anime, just for recommendation. My number 1 has varied a lot, it used to be Hokuto no Ken, then Clannad, then The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, then Kanon 2006, then Cowboy Bebop...
But, in all my years of anime watching, I've never come across something as magnificent, funny, touching and well-written as the ongoing show, "Space Brothers".
It's a slice of life anime, about 39 episodes inn at the moment. I don't know how many episodes there will be, but I hope this show will go on for a long time, because it is the best thing I've ever seen - not the best anime I've seen, the best thing - like, there doesn't exist a TV show in the world, nor movie, as brilliant as Space Brothers.
It is really that good!

I might as well add:

If you haven't watched the Key-KyoAni trio, then you haven't watched enough anime.
I'm talking about Clannad(+After Story), Kanon 2006 and Air.

Now, a fourth Key visual novel is being animated (not by KyoAni, though):
"Little Busters!"
It is still ongoing, and it's just season 1 - there's supposed to be several seasons, because the visual novel is so long - but I think it'll surpass Clannad, in time! If you've watched Clannad then you know what I'm talking about, even a serial killer would cry. If you've watched Clannad, you might not believe what I'm saying about Little Busters surpassing Clannad. I have read the visual novel, and so far the anime delivers like the visual novel did - if it keeps delivering as good as it has, further into the story, then Clannad will be nothing but a pile of trash - don't get me wrong, Clannad is AmaaaaZzzing!! But I think Little Busters will be better - expect tears.

Yeah. two great, ongoing suggestions. enjoy!
Birdo for Smash

popo447

Right now im watching Cowboy Bepob (yes i am one of those people who hasn't seen it yet) but after im done with that I'll start to have cravings again, ANIME CRAVINGS!! So if anyone has any suggestions for what i could watch pretty much just post it. I'm looking for something with a deep story, memorable characters, and good action. (I've already seen Evangelion!!)
Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

Jompa

Quote from: popo447 on January 02, 2013, 01:07:35 PMRight now im watching Cowboy Bepob (yes i am one of those people who hasn't seen it yet) but after im done with that I'll start to have cravings again, ANIME CRAVINGS!! So if anyone has any suggestions for what i could watch pretty much just post it. I'm looking for something with a deep story, memorable characters, and good action. (I've already seen Evangelion!!)
Cowboy Bebop used to be my favorite. I was crazy about that show, which can be easily traced down by looking at my posts. God, the music! :D
I'm trying to watch "Ghost in the shell", because it's made by the same people, and the same composer, but it can't replace CB. :(

So you're looking for deep story, memorable characters, and good action. I've got a bunch:

"Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" matches this description well. It's a total mindblower, and can easily be considered as one of the best thriller anime out there. If anything, watch this! Be prepared for blood, though. It is a bit on the violent side. I must say this is the second deepest story in anime. JUST DON'T WATCH THIS ONE DUBBED, even if you hate reading subs, this one can't be watched dubbed.

"Higashi no Eden" is amazing, and works with your preference. Animation is some of the most flawless in the world.
The dub is superior.

"Welcome to the N.H.K." one of the great stepping stones in anime. Fits your preferences!
The dub is way superior.

"Uchuu Kyoudai" - now, I'm just mentioning this because it's my favorite anime right now, and it really is the best thing I've ever seen. And I've seen A LOT of anime..! Note that this show could make a serial killer cry, no joke. It's ongoing, like 39 episodes in or something..
subbed.

"Shinsekai Yori" - not really much specific plot, but it is extremely cool - a show that plays on human's fears. Might not apply to everyone. It's ongoing.
subbed.

If you like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (which I recommend you watch ASAP), I suggest you watch "Umineko no Naku Koro ni". Yes, they have similar names, but they don't have any relations in the plot (unless you want to believe they have, heheh - only those who've watched both shows will get that one - yes, it's that deep!). If you can see that I wrote that Higurashi has the second deepest story, Umineko is the superior one (when it comes to deep-ness, that is..).
It is a murder mystery which noone has solved yet!!!!! And the author has given out many false solutions, but all of them have something wrong in them, purposely. So the idea is that we, the people watching this anime, and reading the novel, are supposed to solve it!! :D :D I am a supporter of the "mother of the year"-theory, made by some guy on YouTube called KnownNoMore, and he has found a possible, AND plausible explanation. There are lots of theories, and it is a huge number of people who're trying to solve it. Some people just believes one of the authors false solutions, because they don't have any imagination, and some even believe the "magical explanation" (which has something to do with the relation with Higurashi). I love this mystery, it's the most genius mystery I've ever come across. Umineko is great. It's a total mindblowing series, that was my favorite for a while. :)
subbed. Hopefully, there isn't a dub out there :O

Of course, "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", as it's known as, is a must-watch, regardless. Stepping stone in anime. Music is amazing too.
there's a reason I wrote the title in English - dubbed!!!

I also have to mention "Clannad" and "Kanon 2006", but those are kinda obvious must-watches. Like Uchuu Kyoudai, these will make a serial killer cry, seriously..
Both are best of dubbed!

Also there's an ongoing show called "Little Busters!" which originally was a visual novel, created by the same people who made Clannad and Kanon (and Air, Angel Beats, Planetarian etc. but noone cares about those). It seems like it'll be as good as Clannad and Kanon 2006,
 so this one's good too! There's supposed to be several more seasons, because of the quantity of the visual novel. :)

These are all GREATGREATGREAT anime, that I believe, out of what you said were your preferences, you'll like! :)
Holy ship I posted a lot:3

Just stay faaaaar away from "Sword Art Online", I can't warn you enough, it's garbage..
Birdo for Smash

popo447

Wow thanks!!!! I can't wait to check them out, again thanks. ;D
Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

TheZeldaPianist275

I just started watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.  I like it a lot, got some very deep themes running through it.

Jompa

I haven't watched that one,
These are the exact words I got from two of my friends who had watched it: "there's a lot of other stuff that would be better worth your time".
So it has kinda scared me off. Do you think it's worth my time ZeldaPianist? :)
Birdo for Smash