News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Hay, Tales From Earthsea was buutiful. It had William Dafoe as a man-woman with purple lipstick, so it's automatically awesome.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 21, 2014, 08:35:37 AMWhich ones have you seen? The best is Spirited Away. Watch Whisper of the Heart if you haven't seen it, too.
I was going to recommend Whisper of the Heart too. Howl's Moving Castle (of course), and Princess Mononoke is good too in its own different way

Jompa

I'll try to watch Whisper of the Heart, then, because I've seen all the other stuff:)
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

its crazy to think that this topic had six pages a year ago

Waddle Bro

Jompa came in like a wrecking ball.

SuperFireKirby

Watching Evangalion because according to everyone ever, it's the best anime of all time.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jompa on January 21, 2014, 12:27:30 PMI'll try to watch Whisper of the Heart, then, because I've seen all the other stuff:)

It's very slice of life, but it's actually the most personal Ghibli film to me. If you like it, you should watch From Up On Poppy Hill, too.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

I also recommend From Up on Poppy Hill.

Bubbles

Durarara!! is really misleading. The first season has a catchy opening, silly characters, and a carefree attitude while still having dangerous conflicts. Street gangs are just a bunch of silly kids who don't have anything better to do! As soon as season 2 hits, everything flips and suddenly its the complete opposite. I'm in the final five episodes and I've been in a depressing fog all day. It's like everything good suddenly went bad

Needless to say its a really good show, and I'd recommend it if you're not sensitive to killing or anything. I've watched Attack on Titan, and even though that was wayyy more gory than this (a hundred times more), something about this show is getting to me

Bubbles

...aaaand finished. Now my above post just seems silly. I get too absorbed in shows >.>

Jompa

I really hope I'm not the only one watching Pupa? Holy shit so disturbing.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

I am, but the effect isn't really working on me since the episodes are so short. It's more ridiculous than scary

Jompa

I agree, but damn, episode 3 was extremely disturbing.
Birdo for Smash

FireArrow

NausicaƤ best ghibli film. :3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Jompa

Found myself another great shoujo romance, Imadoki. I am satisfied:3
Birdo for Smash