Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on March 23, 2013, 07:39:32 PMThat show has some crazy plot twists @_@ My mouth literally dropped open at least 5 times by now

What episode you on?

Bubbles

Spoiler
Im not really sure of the episode number since they got a bit messed up but the unknowing Winfry + bros are just going back to see the Huges' TT^TT
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SuperFireKirby

Episode 167 of Shippuden...dat animation.

It's was like Angel Falls. Not in it's beauty or magnificence, but in the fact that they both do a COMPLETE VERTICAL DROP.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

I know I am two days late, but I just watched the last episode of "Shinsekai Yori" that aired on saturday, and I would like to suggest the show to everyone.
Brilliant show,
and the conclusion basically blew my mind.
Birdo for Smash

GaryOak

I'm happy to announce that Naruto manga is finally going somewhere!

And this art is pretty cool.

In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

SuperFireKirby

GaryOak

In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

So KyoAni is making an anime adaption of a novel called "Kyoukai no Kanata".
I mean, anything they make is great, but I have been seriously disappointed with them for a while now.
KyoAni is this super-famous animation company, which I guess I would call my favorite.
They are responsible for many great titles, like "Kanon 2006", "Clannad", "Air TV", "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", "Lucky Star" and many more. But after they made "Clannad After Story", which I would say is their last masterpiece, they have only made so-so shows:

After Clannad, they first did the mistake of re-doing their super-old show "Munto", just to make it more famous than it already was(n't). I don't think anyone really cared about this, because Munto really is terrible.

And then they did what upset me the most - they ditched making an adaption of "Little Busters!" to make an adaption of "K-on!"... I did watch K-on, both seasons, and it was very good, I even cried a bit at the end (shock), but it really can't compare to their other shows, and if they had chosen to do Little Busters, it would've turned out so much better, for sure!!
I am so glad J.C. chose to do an adaption of Little Busters this season, because it is about time it got its adaption, and it really did turn out great. But it is three years late, in my opinion.

Then "Nichijou" came along, and that was quite a good show, but, it really doesn't apply to many people. Art is weird and sorta turn-off, the humor is ridiculous and at times you need to be mentally insane to laugh along. So this was a let-down, even though many people love it.
I did not manage to sit through this one - which is pretty weird, because I usually do so, even if I get tired of a show.

Now we're starting to get closer to current time...

"Hyouka", a mystery novel, was adapted by KyoAni last spring. Now, this was a very good show, but that was clearly because of the novel itself, and not KyoAni - the parts of this show with flaws in them; are basically everything except the story. The mysteries are great, and are cleverly solved, and all that amazing stuff, but the way everything is pulled of in the anime itself, is boring, confusing, poorly explained and pretty slow-paced over 22 episodes.

A show that didn't finish to long ago, is "Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai". I really disliked this one(, sorry Dude).. It wasn't funny, story was terrible, romance was terrible, the conclusion was disappointing (even though you didn't exactly sit there with high hopes) and almost all of the characters were extremely turn-off.

KyoAni lost some points with me here.

Now, something that only finished last week, was KyoAni's newest work, "Tamako Market".
This show, was actually very good! It was! But it cannot ever compare to the greater works. And it was only 13 episodes, so that was a bit sad.

So, I guess I'm trying to say that KyoAni is this super-legendary animation company, with great titles under its belt, but the stuff they've been making more recently, is not even in the same league as these great titles.

Can't they just give us a third season of Haruhi already? D: That's probably where all the money is anyways, so I don't see why not..

So this new show they're making, "Kyoukai no Kanata", I guess it is some kinda fantasy-action-mystery-psychological thing, according to their trailer and website.. I guess it could be good, I mean, it is KyoAni after all, but at the same time - it could be sorta bad :S
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

So Naruto can go super saiyen now. I guess that's pretty coll.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

Saw the Battle Royale Manga.

Everybody should read this manga.

Everybody.

Pit0010

hoho ok i'll go check it out then ^
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

GaryOak

My taste is pretty deeply in manly manga/anime that kicks ass but I found some cheap books of Yotsuba&! and gotta say that I really like this. It's just about 6-year-old girl doing things and every chapter is a story of its own. It sometimes reminds me of my own childhood. And Yotsuba is SO ADORABLE.

http://i22.mangareader.net/yotsubato/6/yotsubato-149354.jpg

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

Dude

Whenever I see Yotsuba, I always think of this video