News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

WAN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCHU

Ahem, yes. Highly.

Also definitely watch the sub. Saitama's English voice is...well, I just don't think it fits as well as his Japanese one.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Yes.
QuoteAlso definitely watch the sub. Saitama's English voice is...well, I just don't think it fits as well as his Japanese one.
^this

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:07:20 AMWAN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCHU

Ahem, yes. Highly.

Also definitely watch the sub. Saitama's English voice is...well, I just don't think it fits as well as his Japanese one.
Thanks for the suggestion! What about the Manga series?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Maelstrom

They're identical for all practical purposeses. Honestly, I liked Horriblesub's anime translation (the one on that site) more than the manga's script.

BrainyLucario

After watching the first half of the first episode I have to say it looks really good! I'm definitely impressed by the guy who's just a hero for fun.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dudeman

Currently watching Soul Eater. Started out pretty pander-y, but is getting really good. But screw Excalibur, I hate that guy. He was funny the first time, but then he got an entire episode that did absolutely nothing for his character or build the world at all and was ultimately the most filler filler episode to ever fill.
But damn if that opening theme isn't kicking.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

His legend begins in the 12th century
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MasterProX

Finished watching the whole Psycho-Pass series the other week and all of Steins;Gate just the other day. I highly, highly recommend both.

Psycho-Pass has the advantages of a faster pace, more action, and more edginess overall, but because of the insane amount of bloody violence it's not something I can unconditionally recommend to everyone. Steins;Gate, on the other hand, I've already been recommending to all my friends because of the humor, plot, romance, etc. It's the only show I've ever watched that was genuinely able to push me to the verge of tears, and it did so multiple times. I'm otherwise at a loss to describe how masterful it is, I wasn't even expecting anything to top Psycho-Pass on my favorites...

SlowPokemon

You should try playing the original Steins;Gate game that the show is based on--it's even better. Also, Steins;Gate 0, the sequel, is coming out soon.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Don't watch Steins Gate. Play the game. It's coming out on Steam this year, around December. That aside, I totally agree with that. Psycho-pass had such a good first season, and, from the two episodes I saw of Steins:Gate, it was a very faithful representation of the original, albeit without all the endings besides the true one.

MasterProX

At a glance, the visual novel seems, if anything, less appealing to me, but since it's coming out on Steam next month (as it says) — incidentally, I happened to search it up just minutes after they made the announcement — I'll probably get it regardless. Also very much looking forward to Steins;Gate 0, though waiting for the anime adaptation will take some time, and waiting for a translated PC port, even more time...

Maelstrom

Nebbles

If you guys like One Punch Man, you should go read Mob Psycho 100 - it's by the same guy! And it's absolutely amazing. You can either read the manga or watch the new anime that just debuted - they're pretty identical.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

Following Re:Zero and Orange right now, both are good
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

Sorry for the double post but holy shit Anohana
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.