News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jompa on January 02, 2013, 02:02:53 PMJust stay faaaaar away from "Sword Art Online", I can't warn you enough, it's garbage..
Because when you want someone to avoid something you should use extremely small text.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

TheZeldaPianist275

loooool Shado XD

@ Jompa, I believe it is worthwhile.  My best friend recommended it, and even though I'm only three episodes in, it feels very high quality.  I'm very attached to the characters already.  Just be warned-- it's not always easy to watch.  I would recommend NOT watching the second episode after dark.  But it exemplifies many redeeming values.  So yes, I would argue that it is worth a watch.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Jompa on January 02, 2013, 02:46:38 PMI haven't watched that one,
These are the exact words I got from two of my friends who had watched it: "there's a lot of other stuff that would be better worth your time".
So it has kinda scared me off. Do you think it's worth my time ZeldaPianist? :)
WATCH IT RIGHT NOW.

Your friends may have been talking about the original Fullmetal Alchemist, which kind of sucked(especially the ending). But the original anime only loosely followed the manga, whereas Brotherhood follows it to the teeth(Brotherhood isn't a continuation of the original series, it's a remake. just to be clear)

Brotherhood is arguably the best anime I have ever seen.(But I haven't seen that many animes, so I guess that isn't saying much) I highly recommend watching it dubbed, the English voice acting is actually really good

The story is top knotch, characters are awesome, there's a lot of really cool action but the show manages to remain extremely plot heavy, which is nice. I guarantee by episode 8 you'll be hooked.(That's where it got me, I went from Episode 8 to Episode 35 in one day)

WATCH IT.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 02, 2013, 08:56:14 PMI haven't seen that many animes

I like how you bash anime at every chance you get, then admit you haven't watched much of it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 02, 2013, 08:56:14 PMWATCH IT RIGHT NOW.

Your friends may have been talking about the original Fullmetal Alchemist, which kind of sucked(especially the ending). But the original anime only loosely followed the manga, whereas Brotherhood follows it to the teeth(Brotherhood isn't a continuation of the original series, it's a remake. just to be clear)

Brotherhood is arguably the best anime I have ever seen.(But I haven't seen that many animes, so I guess that isn't saying much) I highly recommend watching it dubbed, the English voice acting is actually really good

The story is top knotch, characters are awesome, there's a lot of really cool action but the show manages to remain extremely plot heavy, which is nice. I guarantee by episode 8 you'll be hooked.(That's where it got me, I went from Episode 8 to Episode 35 in one day)

WATCH IT.

Yes.  Just saw the fourth episode and totally agree.  I almost cried.  Nina....  :'(

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, the show can be a bit cruel at times.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

TheZeldaPianist275

Welp, I'm through episode ten... loving every minute of it.  Jompa, if you're on the line about it, do something to push yourself over.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 PMWelp, I'm through episode ten... loving every minute of it.  Jompa, if you're on the line about it, do something to push yourself over.
It only get's better from there.

SuperFireKirby

SO MANY FEELS, MAN. SO MANY FEELS

Jompa

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 PMWelp, I'm through episode ten... loving every minute of it.  Jompa, if you're on the line about it, do something to push yourself over.
I am literally balancing on the line between, just waiting for a gust to push me over to one of the sides..
Birdo for Smash

TheZeldaPianist275

let me be that gust *shoves Jompa*

Jompa

Alright,
I usually have alot of free time for anime watching, but atm i don't.
as soon as I have time, I'll finish "Honey and Clover"(which isn't tooooo bad), and THEN I promise to check this out. :)
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

DOEEEEEEET

If you don't love it by around Episode 10, I'll be very surprised. Because I've never met a person who didn't love it(most of my anime watching friends rank it among their favorite animes ever)

Once again, the English dub is superior.

SlowPokemon

The Japanese dub must be really bad then....
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.