News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Swordomar's Submissions *Newest: "A Dancer's Dance" - Final Fantasy III*

Started by Swordomar, December 07, 2008, 01:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordomar

Submission:

Work in Progress:
[PS2] - Final Fantasy X-2 - "Eternity ~Memories of Lightwaves~" - Noriko Matsueda and Takahito Eguchi (.mus) (.mid)

Accepted:
[NDS] - Final Fantasy III - "Doga and Unei Theme" - Nobuo Uematsu (.mus) (.mid)

[Xbox] - Halo 2 - "Unforgotten" - Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori (.mus) (.mid)

[NDS] - Final Fantasy III - "A Dancer's Dance" - Nobuo Uematsu (.mus) (.mid)

~Swordomar
Visit my Submissions Page =D
Finale Reader, a free solution for opening .mus files

Arison The Bat

hey, welcome to the site.

a suggestion i have is to include a midi file with the music so people like myself can preview things faster.
You are of what you make of yourself. not who your parents are. not who your friends are. You are you, and you make who you are.

Swordomar

Thanks. I added the midi files for the songs, as well as updating the sheets to the new site URL.  

Also, though it takes a couple extra seconds, you can open the .mus files in finale reader (its free- link in my sig).  Though the midis may be faster and more convenient, I prefer the .mus because you can get a better feel for the difficulty of the piece when actually looking at the sheets. Just my opinion though  ::)

pumpy_heart

In Doga and Unei Theme...
Measure 32 has a doubled E natural in both Treble and Bass Clef.
Numbers were weird...I'm assuming which fingers to use...but still look...out of place.
Sounds accurate...weird how it ends on C Major triad...and the whole piece is basically in F. But oh wellz. Not your fault, ha.

SirIngusBingus

Brassman388

Swordomar

Quote from: pumpy_heart on June 10, 2009, 07:51:30 AMIn Doga and Unei Theme...
Measure 32 has a doubled E natural in both Treble and Bass Clef.
Numbers were weird...I'm assuming which fingers to use...but still look...out of place.
Sounds accurate...weird how it ends on C Major triad...and the whole piece is basically in F. But oh wellz. Not your fault, ha.

*fixed the doubled E's. thanks for spotting that.

The numbers are fingering... I figured they were somewhat useful.  Why do they look odd? I could change them if you have a better idea for placement or something. i noticed the ending triad being different than the rest of the piece too, but I left it because my only goal here was to copy the piece exactly as I heard it, not arrange it.

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on June 10, 2009, 01:15:35 PMWOOOO FF3 MUSIC

Indeed. I noticed a lack of it and decided to do my favorite piece from the game, this theme.  I'm considering doing "Noah's Lute" next, but maybe an arrangement of it since it's too short to submit as a direct transcription. We'll see.

~swordomar

Swordomar

New song up. It'd be greatly appreciated if you want to give some feedback. When putting the copyright, should I leave it as the developers: Bungie, or should I change to the publishers: Microsoft? Also, how do you format ritardando? I used the expression tool and clicked at the beginning of the measure I wanted to start slowing down, but when I play through it, it doesnt slow down?

I really like this piece. It's pretty easy yet sounds good and has a lot of feeling.  

Anyway, more to come. Prolly more FFIII, but we'll see.

~swordomar

mantis985

Great Halo arrangement!  Its good to see someone finally working on it.  Halo's soundtrack is definately underated.  Keep up the good work!  ;)

Swordomar

Quote from: mantis985 on July 22, 2009, 01:00:10 PMGreat Halo arrangement!  Its good to see someone finally working on it.  Halo's soundtrack is definately underated.  Keep up the good work!  ;)

Thanks. I think for the time being I'm going to focus on getting a lot of the FFIII sheets done since there were absolutely none, hence my newest sheet. It's short and kinda boring, but I've been busy etc. so ya. Anyway, I really like the kind of atmospheric themes in a lot of the songs on the halo soundtracks so I'll prolly do some more of those after I fill out some of the FFIII section.