WiiMan96's Arrangements | Added Trine "Main Theme" 23rd January '12

Started by WiiMan96, September 09, 2008, 11:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrangement focus?

Replacements
Requests
Projects
Music WiiMan wants!
Doesn't bother me so long as you keep arranging!
NO

WiiMan96

Welcome to WiiMan's Arrangements! I currently use Finale PrintMusic 2010, although until I get to fixing them they should have been made with a 2009 version. The Finished (New) section marks those made in or after October 2010, which are done entirely by ear. Those marked as old were made beforehand and are MIDI-based.

Currently I need to sift through all my arrangements and fix them up or remove them entirely, both those in the old section and those on the site already (the latter of which has a list somewhere below). Many are steaming turd piles.

Submission:

Finished (NEW):

Bomberman Tournament
  • Mountain Desert (Duet) This has some playability issues and needs to be converted to a duet rather than a two pianos arrangement.

CTR: Crash Team Racing

Minecraft

Pac-Man World 2

Trine

Finished (old):

[PS] CTR: Crash Team Racing - "Introduction / Main Menu Medley" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[SNES] Donkey Kong Country - "Theme" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[PS2] Final Fantasy X - "Besaid Island" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[PS2] Final Fantasy X - "Cloister of Trials" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[GBA] Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town - "Winter" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[GCN] Mario Power Tennis - "Peach Dome Exhibition" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[PS2] Sonic Heroes - "Main Theme" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[PC] Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People - "Stinkoman: 20X6" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - "K.K. Condor" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[WII] Wii Sports - "Title Theme" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

[WW] World of Goo - "Rain Rain Windy Windy" - WiiMan96
MUS | MID

In Progress:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Reign of the Septims
  • Watchman's Ease

Pac-Man World 2
  • B-Doing Woods

The Sims 2
  • Bare Bones

Fixing the Sheets Project Todo:

• ❐ Advance Wars: Days of Ruin "We Will Prevail"
  • ❐ Bomberman Tournament "Overworld"
  • ❐ Bomberman Tournament "Town"
  • ❐ Crash Bandicoot "Map"
  • ❐ Donkey Kong Country "Bonus Room Blitz"
  • ❐ Donkey Kong Country "Forest Frenzy (GBC Version)"
  • ❐ Donkey Kong Country "Gangplank Galleon"
  • ❐ Donkey Kong Jungle Beat "Battle For Storm Hill"
  • ❐ Donkey Kong Land "Boss Battle"
  • ❐ Final Fantasy IX "Boss Battle"
  • ❐ Final Fantasy IX "Prelude"
  • ❐ Final Fantasy X "Auron's Theme"
  • ❐ Final Fantasy X "Brave Advancement"
  • ❐ Final Fantasy X "Song of Prayer"
  • ❐ Final Fantasy X "To Zanarkand"
  • ❐ Kirby's Dreamland 2 "King Dedede Battle"
  • ❐ The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess "Fishing Hole"
  • ❐ Lufia and the Fortress of Doom "Ending (Two Pianos)"
  • ❐ Lufia and the Fortress of Doom "Fanfare"
  • ❐ Lufia and the Fortress of Doom "Final Battle"
  • ❐ Lufia and the Fortress of Doom "Fortress of Doom"
  • ❐ Lufia and the Fortress of Doom "Reunion"
  • ❐ Lufia and the Fortress of Doom "Shop"
  • ❐ Lufia and the Fortress of Doom "The Sinistrals"
  • ❐ Mario Party "Bowser's Magma Mountain"
  • ❐ Mario Party "Mushroom Shop"
  • ❐ Mega Man 9 "Title"
  • ❐ Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops "Calling to the Night"
  • ❐ New Super Mario Bros. "Underworld"
  • ❐ Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door "Glitzville"
  • ❐ Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door "Ms. Jolene's Appreciation"
  • ❐ Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney "Investigation ~ Cornered (Two Pianos)"
  • ❐ Punch-Out!! "Fight"
  • ❐ Rad Racer "Music A"
  • ❐ The Sims "Autoplay"
  • ❐ The Sims 2 "Building Theme One" (proper name Sim Builder)
  • ❐ Sonic Unleashed "Apotos Day Mission (Duet)"
  • ❐ StarTropics "Overworld"
  • ❐ Super Mario 64 "Bowser's Road"
  • ❐ Super Mario Kart "Driver Select"
  • ❐ Super Mario Kart "Victory"
  • ❐ Super Mario Sunshine "F.L.U.D.D.'s User Instructions"
  • ❐ Super Mario Sunshine "Ricco Harbor"
  • ❐ Super Paper Mario "Sammer's Kingdom"
  • ❐ Super Smash Bros. Brawl "Gallery"
  • ❐ Tekken 2 "Character Select"
  • ❐ Wonder Boy "Overworld"
  • ❐ World of Goo "Tumbler"

Current Projects Claimed:

Sections:
  • Other (PDFs and Replacements)

Games:
  • Assassin's Creed/II
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as as King
  • Homestar Runner
  • Minecraft
  • Pac-Man World 2
  • The Sims 2
  • Spyro the Dragon

Feel free to share your thoughts, any critiques are muchly appreciated.

WiiMan96

Placeholder.

blah54

for your brawl gallery arrangement...

not to be rude, but did you copy it off a midi or something? that bass is so contorted and frankly (sorry), ugly sounding, it seems like you either A) placed random notes or B) ripped off a midi... i assume you know that copying midis is wrong, and if i'm wrong about you copying a midi, then i apologize...

for your glitzville arrangement, i assume you know that many of those intervals from bars 1-30 stretch FAR beyond those of a normal hand length... they could be played by the left hand, but if so, you should write them in nicely, as in put them in the bass stave...

FFX arrangement, song of prayer... i've never played FFX, but this is absurdly simple almost to the point where making a sheet is more work than actually learning/playing it... there's nothing 'wrong' with it, per-say, but it just doesnt seem quite right...

harvest moon, fall arrangement... bars 1-7, are a little on the more difficult side, i'd say that generally, they're leaning on a more impossible level... just an odd thought... i've always known harvest moon to be very calming and slow, but this arrangement doesnt seem to fit that mood at all, or even if it's not the arrangement, this "fall" song, does not seem to suit harvest moon or fall...

anyways, i guess i'll look at the other ones later, but yeah...

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

WiiMan96

Quote from: blah54 on September 13, 2008, 06:30:16 PMfor your brawl gallery arrangement...

not to be rude, but did you copy it off a midi or something? that bass is so contorted and frankly (sorry), ugly sounding, it seems like you either A) placed random notes or B) ripped off a midi... i assume you know that copying midis is wrong, and if i'm wrong about you copying a midi, then i apologize...

for your glitzville arrangement, i assume you know that many of those intervals from bars 1-30 stretch FAR beyond those of a normal hand length... they could be played by the left hand, but if so, you should write them in nicely, as in put them in the bass stave...

FFX arrangement, song of prayer... i've never played FFX, but this is absurdly simple almost to the point where making a sheet is more work than actually learning/playing it... there's nothing 'wrong' with it, per-say, but it just doesnt seem quite right...

harvest moon, fall arrangement... bars 1-7, are a little on the more difficult side, i'd say that generally, they're leaning on a more impossible level... just an odd thought... i've always known harvest moon to be very calming and slow, but this arrangement doesnt seem to fit that mood at all, or even if it's not the arrangement, this "fall" song, does not seem to suit harvest moon or fall...

anyways, i guess i'll look at the other ones later, but yeah...

Gallery:

Fixed.

Glitzville:

Fixed.

Song of Prayer:

The song, in its entirety, IS absurdly simple. I added all I could as accurately as possible in the bass, but, in my opinion, there is no way to complicate it.

HM Fall:

The early synthesised versions of HM music were and are in fact "upbeat", or, as you put it, "unsuitable".

I will try to attend to these critiques.

*EDIT*

I've checked, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but my method of arranging is utilised by many on this site. I will repeat: I do not convert MIDI into MUS and submit, I start an entirely different document, retype in the appropriate sections of the MIDI-MUS, and fix it from there. I believe that's what the literal definition of ARRANGING is? having it reARRANGEd?

http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/forum/index.php?topic=774.0

ALPRAS

About you version of Count Black, I dont want to be rude but most of your notes on the main theme are wrong. But the dissonant part is very good. Even I couldnt make it (well, i made it but with a lot os mistakes).
To put your work better, I could ask you to let me fix your Count Black Version and then Ill give it to you.
For a newbie, your doing an excelent job.
 Keep it up

WiiMan96

Quote from: ALPRAS on September 14, 2008, 06:22:04 AMAbout you version of Count Black, I dont want to be rude but most of your notes on the main theme are wrong. But the dissonant part is very good. Even I couldnt make it (well, i made it but with a lot os mistakes).
To put your work better, I could ask you to let me fix your Count Black Version and then Ill give it to you.
For a newbie, your doing an excelent job.
 Keep it up

Go for it.

Fix up my main theme as much as possible, but if there is anything that is worthy of NSM in there (which I doubt there is) keep it in. Thanks for your help. Appreciated  :)

Olimar12345

we aleady have a vanilla lake and im kinda tending to that one more(no offense)

it's here- http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/sheetmusic.php?franchise=SuperMario

(under super mariokart)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WiiMan96

Olimar:

Strange. I didn't see that  :( oh well, I'll remove mine, because the other is clearly better than mine.

Tranzlater

Dammit it's been a long time.
The Gallery does sound a little ugly... maybe it's just not made for piano? Obviously some MIDIs sound good when you get irregular chords etc. but on piano... no.
And... umm...
The Paper Mario one is good, but the lower parts in the treble should be put down to bass. Looks like a MIDI multi-instrument rip. That could be easily fixed with a second layer.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

ALPRAS

Im thinking about in joining our versions of count Bleck song and create a better one. What do you say?

WiiMan96

Tranzlater:

Yeah... I might play around with Gallery's bass but there's little hope for it now I guess... and as for Glitzville... I don't know which notes on the treble correspond with those on the bass stave, so, due to my ignorance to Music Theory, help would be appreciated, as always.

ALPRAS:

Great idea! The main theme can be yours, and the end thingy (I don't know what to call it) can be mine. We can post it here, but when you edit it, add ALPRAS into the arrangers' names, too. As in [Arranged by WiiMan96 & ALPRAS]. Good luck to you!

kotorfanboy

Gamecube introduction:

The lower notes throw off the sound of it, maybe you could take those out to make it sound better? And also just work on aligning all the format stuff correctly, here is G-Han's guide topic to formats: http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/forum/index.php?topic=481.0

Galley:

The bass is definitely off. If started from a midi, then I believe there should be multiple instruments in the midi. Try testing out other instrument lines for the left hand, transitioning treble to bass or even combining multiple parts if need be. And the format errors, which I posted the link for above. The info at the bottom is not italicized, and you should do a little research to find out which specific composer did this song. Lastly, I believe the name of the song is more along the lines of Sticker Mode

WiiMan96

kotorfanboy:

I don't see anything wrong with the GameCube Introduction, but if need be, because its such a short (not even a) song, I'll eventually fix it.

As for gallery, I estimated the composer (couldn't find it anywhere) as Nobuo Uematsu, because he composed the main theme for SSBB, and this merely another version. When I checked , there were italics at the bottom  :-\ but I changed the bass line. It sounds better (which doesn't say much) but, as always, opinions, please  ;D

*EDIT*

I double-checked, to be sure, and the song is called Gallery. The MIDI is called Sticker mode, but I'm a Brawl fan, and this same piece plays when you're in the album, replay and stage builder menus as well.

kotorfanboy

for the gamecube theme, maybe you should move the notes that are in treble, but way below others, to the bass, then make the bass softer than the treble, as it is the treble that is the majority of what you hear. To make it softer add in p's, to make things louder add in f's

EDIT: sorry, just realized you can use the articulation tool on Notepad to get different strengths of the notes.