News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Google Chrome

Started by acropol, September 02, 2008, 02:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acropol

sooo anyone tried the new Google Chrome Beta yet??

I've just downloaded it so I'm gonna try it a bit.. Mozilla may have some competition hmmm lol

http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl=en&brand=CHMG&utm_source=en-hpp&utm_medium=hpp&utm_campaign=en

well I kinda like it as of now! lol, didn't see any problems yet and it's pretty fast! ... and the 'home' page with your favorites is pretty cool

MasterPenguin

I notice no difference in speed.

Just need to wait for Chatzilla. Then I'll switch.

acropol

well it uses much less RAM than firefox for me anyway, but yeah gotta use it more to get used to it a bit

ZeldaFan

Google is teking over teh wourld!!

lol jk

maybe i'll try it. it can't hurt to download it right?

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

acropol

well I heard it caused the dislocation of elbows, be aware

MasterPenguin

Since I use Firefox Ultimate Optimizer, my Firefox only use 800K of memory. Chrome uses 13,000k + 5,000k = 18,000k. Ouch?

I'll switch over when Chatzilla comes.

acropol

hm never heard of that optimizer thing

when I use firefox it always takes up 90mb+ ram, ill look that up

Harvest

my firefox uses about 75 000k with chatzilla.  Chrome is only using 20 000k.

I think chrome is faster and I like it better, but it does need some sort of irc add on.
-

acropol

yeaaah there's some stuff I miss from Firefox.. but it's only in BETA, I bet there will be lots of extensions and updates in the future since it's open source anyway (I think it is)

but hmmm I still like firefox better but I'm sure GC will be better with time.

Mike

Waiting for the Mac version.

KefkaticFanatic

I hear it has no noticeable speed difference and all major advantages to Firefox can be added with addons.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

actually there is a speed difference.
-

Mike

Everyone I know that tried it keeps telling me how fast it is to load pages. Sure the first time there's not much of a difference, but when you revisit it the speed is amazing.

KefkaticFanatic

Ooh yay, it's going to cache everything so I have a ton of temporary internet files that slow everything down again every time I delete them and could possibly slow things down and take up more RAM.

me irl
[close]

acropol

http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/

in GC, each tab is its own process, rather than being 1 process doing everything