News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

too long

Started by PseudoMario16, August 27, 2008, 05:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PseudoMario16

dude, seriously- its been like three months since last update. now, i think thats too long, and im sure many would agree with me- so- could u plz have an update soon??? plz???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Dude

Do you srsly want to be smacked? Complaining isn't going to help make the updates appear faster. T___T You really need to learn when to shut the fuck up.

Brawler4Ever

It's only been a month...
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

kotorfanboy

I think he means an update when songs were added. Wasn't the last one just Jamaha saying the updates are now in the forum?

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: kotorfanboy on August 27, 2008, 06:10:29 PMI think he means an update when songs were added. Wasn't the last one just Jamaha saying the updates are now in the forum?

Which was on July 22....one month ago...
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

HugoMeister

Fine then. YOU update. YOU go through every single submission. YOU add and fix things that need done. YOU tell people they're song is accepted. YOU add every single midi file and mus file to the database. YOU announce it to the world.  T_T

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

kotorfanboy

Who actually does do submissions? Is it just nintendude (because he's the only one I see saying songs are accepted) or do the other global mods and Jamaha help? And what about the NSM staff?

KefkaticFanatic

The admins and mods obviously don't care about updating since most of the sheets will be on the forums.  It's really only extra work.

me irl
[close]

kotorfanboy

I just checked, the last time Nintendude told somebody their sheet was accepted was July 10th. It's not his fault, he has a TON of work to do if it is him and only him doing these sheets. He even said that he is a mod on another forum where he spends more time. The site needs to get a submission team to deal with all of this.

mantis985

Quote from: kotorfanboy on August 28, 2008, 12:16:25 AMI just checked, the last time Nintendude told somebody their sheet was accepted was July 10th. It's not his fault, he has a TON of work to do if it is him and only him doing these sheets. He even said that he is a mod on another forum where he spends more time. The site needs to get a submission team to deal with all of this.

I agree 100%  That is a lot of work for ONE person to do....

blah54

this is something that's been beaten to death... why does it matter so much if the sheets are on the site or not? if you need sheets, then you can just download them off the submission forum...

and the submission team is a one-man team at the moment, unless something has changed...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

PseudoMario16

Quote from: mantis985 on August 28, 2008, 12:36:40 PM
Quote from: kotorfanboy on August 28, 2008, 12:16:25 AMI just checked, the last time Nintendude told somebody their sheet was accepted was July 10th. It's not his fault, he has a TON of work to do if it is him and only him doing these sheets. He even said that he is a mod on another forum where he spends more time. The site needs to get a submission team to deal with all of this.

I agree 100%  That is a lot of work for ONE person to do....
ditto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Nintendude73

Thanks guys for realizing how much work it is to do an update.  It's a ton of work for one person to do, and it's not very much fun at all (the first couple of times it's exciting to have power, but as you do more and more, you're just about ready to pass it on to someone else).  As someone else mentioned, the songs are all there in the forum, so it is confusing to me as to why people would post in the forums asking where the updates are.  Either way, I'm sorry that I haven't been able to update, but that's not likely to change any time soon, as I just recently started school again and I have a horrendous course load that comes with a lot of homework (So far this year I've averaged about 4-5 hours of homework a night).  Any free time I have is more of a privilege than a right, and I'd much rather be playing games than updating NSM.  Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

All of that said, with any luck, there will be another update coming soon, from someone other than myself.  Hopefully they will enjoy the process more than I have, but I'm sorry (and not sorry ;) ) to say that my days of updating the site are probably long gone, at least for the school year.

iDOWN

Quote from: Nintendude73 on August 28, 2008, 06:05:33 PMI'm sorry (and not sorry ;) ) to say that my days of updating the site are probably long gone, at least for the school year.

How depressing. :[

Well, good luck at school. 8D

GreekGeek

Quote from: blah54 on August 28, 2008, 02:14:29 PMthis is something that's been beaten to death... why does it matter so much if the sheets are on the site or not? if you need sheets, then you can just download them off the submission forum...

and the submission team is a one-man team at the moment, unless something has changed...

I totally agree this is far too much work for just one, but I do think I does matter if they are on the site or not. I'm a newbie here and one of the things I liked best about this site is that it's so fantasticly organized. If you want a sheet, it's so easy to just look it up in the database and really, looking sheet music in all the arrangements of ppl really is a hell of a job... Which even makes it not worth to look for...