News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Shameless Self Promotion - My Website!

Started by Davey, August 15, 2008, 06:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davey

So yeah, I've made a site a while back. I'm also an affiliate with NSM, but still, no traffic. I'd like to see some of my friends here join the forum. I've already got staff picked for the forum, and if you'd like to know the hierarchy:

Administrator = Me
Global Moderators = Dekudude, Nakah, and Harvest
Everyone Else

Link to the main page: http://hauffed.googlepages.com
Directly to the forums: http://davidsmusic.freesmfhosting.com/index.php

So yeah!  :P

kotorfanboy

looks eerily like another forum I've seen before. But seriously, what are the differences between your website and NSM?

Dekudude

Quote from: kotorfanboy on August 15, 2008, 07:37:00 PMlooks eerily like another forum I've seen before. But seriously, what are the differences between your website and NSM?

The same difference between Google and Yahoo-- nothing... just something different.

Wrydryn

Buth why two forums? I don't see anything wrong with these

KefkaticFanatic

First GMW, now this?  We don't need yet another NSM clone that will just die.  I thought Evilsqueaky gave us a nice example of what happens to little sites like that.

me irl
[close]

Davey

Heh, yeah, it'll die soon. I'm bored with composing and the only reason I wanted a forum was to be an admin and see what I could have done with the forum... There's alot that this forum is missing from SMF that could be fun.

kotorfanboy

^enlighten us Davey (although Jamaha probably wont listen to your suggestions)

Nakah

Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 23, 2008, 06:12:11 PMFirst GMW, now this?  We don't need yet another NSM clone that will just die.  I thought Evilsqueaky gave us a nice example of what happens to little sites like that.

I agree, branching sites off of one site are never as big as the actual site itself, and in nsm's case it's not big enough for branching sites to support themselves.

kotorfanboy

GMW is actually a unique website in my opinion, as it has more than just piano arrangements. But generally spin-off sites do nothing new and just die.