News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

should ninsheetmusic allow original compositions??

Started by PseudoMario16, August 10, 2008, 08:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

should ninsheetmusic allow original compositions on the site

yes
7 (24.1%)
no
22 (75.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

PseudoMario16

well, i know im for it, but i want to see if anybody agrees
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

HugoMeister

Absolutely not. (no offense) NSM is meant for video game music, arranged for piano. Thats what it was founded on, and thats what it will continue to run on.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Jedesyus

You would probably wanna use a different website to post original compositions

PseudoMario16

well, i was gonna start my own website to have original compostions, but i didnt know how...

ZeldaFan

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

generalmayo

i was gonna say something but............never mind

okay okay I get it

Harvest

-

Mike

Quote from: HugoMeister on August 10, 2008, 08:18:50 PMAbsolutely not. (no offense) NSM is meant for video game music, arranged for piano. Thats what it was founded on, and thats what it will continue to run on.

What was it you guys said again? Oh yeah, NSM is meant only for Nintendo music. Look how that ended up.

blah54

that's because it ultimately isn't our decision... we can want/argue whatever we want, but it's those with authority who make the decision... and in the case of the nintendo music vs vgm, those with authority decided to make the choice to make it free for all types of video games...

as for original compositions, there is already a section on the forum... and from what i've seen, many compositions there are not for solo piano, and since NSM is currently still a piano sheet music site, there doesn't seem like there is much reason to add an original compositions section...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

HugoMeister

T_T

Quote from: Mike on August 11, 2008, 04:39:38 PMWhat was it you guys said again? Oh yeah, NSM is meant only for Nintendo music. Look how that ended up.

Seriously? Does that even freaking matter anymore? Learn to let go of things will you? Even you should agree that NSM won't ever host original compositions. People wanted other systems, so NSM did what it could to give it to them.

</irritation>

No offense to any composers out there who post their music here, but I'm pretty sure nobody would take the time to download them off of the site. They came here for the music that they know and love.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Mike

Quote from: HugoMeister on August 11, 2008, 04:51:27 PMT_T

Quote from: Mike on August 11, 2008, 04:39:38 PMWhat was it you guys said again? Oh yeah, NSM is meant only for Nintendo music. Look how that ended up.

Seriously? Does that even freaking matter anymore? Learn to let go of things will you? Even you should agree that NSM won't ever host original compositions. People wanted other systems, so NSM did what it could to give it to them.

</irritation>

No offense to any composers out there who post their music here, but I'm pretty sure nobody would take the time to download them off of the site. They came here for the music that they know and love.

Yes it matter because that's exactly the same way it happened. You guys say no chance in hell it will happen and boom somewhere in the future it happens and everyone is happy including the ones who were totally against it and gave insanely stupid reasons for their position. Never say never.

PseudoMario16

well, it looks like the people have spoken... i guess nobody actually wants original compostions on the site... :'(
well, except me, of course...
anyway, i guess ill

Quote from: Mike on August 11, 2008, 05:36:42 PM
Quote from: HugoMeister on August 11, 2008, 04:51:27 PMT_T

</irritation>

Yes it matter because that's exactly the same way it happened. You guys say no chance in hell it will happen and boom somewhere in the future it happens and everyone is happy including the ones who were totally against it and gave insanely stupid reasons for their position. Never say never.

never say never...

Harvest

Well I suppose if they were good enough there could be a special section....or something.

:-\
-

acropol

SuperFireKirby

I'm all for it. But then again, I've been warned.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!