TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Wolves
1. Master Wolf- Wolf seered Green.
2. Wolf Shaman- Wolf with the power of a Seer.
3. Brutal Wolf- When this player is lynched, a player who voted for him/her of his/her choosing will die as well.

Specials
4. Seer- Sends the Host a PM with the name of a player every Night Phase and when the Phase is over, the Seer will receive that player's color.
5. Guardian- Sends the Host a PM with the name of a player every Night Phase.  If that player is wolfed, he/she will survive.  Can not guard self.

Normal Humans
6. Human- Mammal
7. Human- Mammal
8. Human- Mammal
9. Human- Mammal
10. Human- Mammal
11. Human- Mammal
12. Human- Mammal

Someone should host this gogogogogogogo.

Also, for future reference, I would suggest making Roles randomized.  Picking who's who will neglect others who would really like to be a special Role or a Wolf.  Making the ultimate Wolf team or Blue pair will be unfair for the people who are Humans, there has to be some sort of balance in order for everyone to improve, which is what randomization usually does.

universe-X

A few questions:
1) Would the Master Wolf know who the other wolves are and vice versa?
2) Does the Wolf Shaman know who the other wolves are?
3) If yes, then is his Seer power there only to figure out who the Seer and Guardian are?
4) You should probably just throw another (regular) wolf in there. (not a question, but who cares)

Mashi

1. Yes, all the Wolves know each other.  The Master Wolf is there because if a player acts suspicious, the Seer will just seer them and if they're right, they would just lynch that person.  And if they seered a Green, they would trust that person, while in this game, the Master Wolf adds a whole layer of strategy, since not every Green is trustworthy anymore. 
2. Yes, the Wolf Shaman knows the other Wolves as well.
3. The Wolf Shaman's seering power is used to deduce who's the Guardian mainly.  I forgot to mention, the Guardian can't guard himself, it makes it unfair towards the Wolves in my opinion once they figure out who the Guardian is.  But aside from that, the Wolf Shaman will also be able to seer Humans, which decreases the amount of people who are possibly Guardian.  Putting suspicion or aiding green players may become helpful if things are done correctly.
4. I believe the game is fine as is to be honest, and I think 3 Wolves is enough for now.  And I'm not sure if we have enough players to add another Wolf, since then I would like to add 2 more Humans so the Human side will have 3 Phases to take a Wolf down.

DrP

i think i may incorporate this model into the stories im writing, though i may change it up just a teensy bit!

Cobraroll

Gah. On the bright side, I have this good idea for a story.

On the other hand, I won't be able to host it for AT LEAST a year. Meh.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

wait, so were (as in non mods) are allowed to host TWG games??? Oh, then im gonna make one on Saturday!

Nakah

Mashi's game is a well-conceived wolf-esque game that is actually well balanced. Adding another wolf would disturb this balance.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Anyone can host a game, I'd just need to sticky your topic.

DrP

makes sense.

I made this epic 15-person game with four wolves... it is pretty amazing if you ask me!

Mashi

Wolf Shaman- Wolf with the power of a Seer.  Can use Items.
Brutal Wolf - When lynched, a player of his/her choosing who voted for him/her is killed as well.  Can use Items.
Wolf Thief - Sends the Host a PM with a Player's name every Night Phase.  Can not use Items.

Seer - Sends the Host a PM with a Player's name every Night Phase.  Learns that player's Role at the end of the Phase.

Item Forger - Can Forge Rank A, B, or C Item (Not of his/her choosing).  Can not use Items.
Item Forger - Can Forge Rank A, B, or C Item (Not of his/her choosing).  Can not use Items.

Miller - Human seered Red.  Does not know he/she is Miller.  Can use Items.
Human - Can use Items.
Human - Can use Items.
Human - Can use Items.
Human - Can use Items.
Human - Can use Items.

Rank A: 90% Success Rate.
Paintbrush - Can paint a Player of his/her choosing Red, Blue, Orange, or Green.
Crystal Ball - Can seer a Player.
Megaphone - During the next day phase, the user's lynching vote counts as two.

Rank B: 75% Success Rate.
Shield - Can block a wolfing and/or a kill.  The Shield can only be used once, even if it's target is not wolfed.
Snowball - Whoever is hit will be unable to use their power for the next day phase and night phase (Item usage is not affected).
Camera - Can reveal one's own Role to another Player.

Rank C: 50% Success Rate.
Relic - Reveals the amount of Wolves left in the game.  If a Wolf uses it, reveals the amount of Blues in the game.
Dagger - Can kill a Player.
Potion - Can revive one player who has died.

Making > Stealing > Trading > Using

3 Rank A Items, 2 Rank B Items, and 1 Rank A Item are given to random players (No one player will receive multiple Items).

Game in progress (Because I'm too lazy to get my USB EDIT I mean, it got cprrupted :(  ).  Based on TWGBay, by Fiver, who's the greatest person everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Still pretty faulty, I probably need to think more about Items and the Roles (Specifically the Wolves... and Humans... and Special Roles, hehe).

So Item Games are the greatest games ever.  Discuss.

universe-X

O_O This seems way to complicated, and I haven't even read it yet...

Nakah

Classic Lemmy's World styled game. Riddled with special roles.

Dude

master_gamer38

Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Dude

I know, post it in the other thread Mashi. :)