News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

MaestroUGC

My one regret in the time I played TWG is that I could never play the games I designed.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yugi

blueflower999

Seeing as how our lovely host has been banned for a week, does anyone have any ideas for running the TWG? Having a board moderator oversee the game would be nice.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bubbles

This is definitely one for the history books lol

Dude

On 3/10/2015, at 9:46 PM, (Dude) wrote:
> Yaaay
>
> That is exactly how I will die
> In this game

On 3/10/2015, at 9:52 PM, ULTIMATE POP IDOL SENSATION, PURE ANGEL MASHI wrote:
> amazing

Edited because it wasn't working for some reason...

the_last_sheikah

You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Mashi

So fank009 and another representative of 2+2 forums have contacted me telling me that NSM was scouted for sending a representative to play in a forum-wide tournament (at 2+2 forums).  Bird, vermilionvermin, and I being more attached to LLF, it wouldn't really feel right for us to represent NSM.  I think fank009 already played for last year's games, so he would be out for nominations as well, I believe.

Currently, I would recommend Bubbles as the NSM Representative.  I haven't verified with her on whether she would be busy or if she even wants to, but I also want to inquire for other opinions as well.  Would anyone be interested in participating?

The way the games work is that there are is a sort of preliminary round where every representative participates in one of four games, and the best players of each round participate in a grand final round.  Day Phases are lasting 36 hours, Night Phases 12, when on weekdays.  Half the time when on weekends.  So the games are going to be intense and you'll, evidently, need to be active.

The first game is scheduled for April 6th and the other three will have a set starting date for within the next one to three months afterwards.

If enough people are interested, I'll most likely put the representative to score-based voting (everyone scores each nominee on a 1 to 10 scale and the winning nominee is chosen based on who has the highest average).

Yugi

If I get time I can represent NSM if needed.

Waddle Bro

asdfghjkl; yooooooo it's time for me to bring glory for the homeboys here at the twg forum :]]]]]]]

mikey

bruh I'm a god player
I also have the award for "most likely to get lynched day 1"
unmotivated

Thingyman

Quote from: Mashi on March 22, 2015, 01:00:12 AMSo fank009 and another representative of 2+2 forums have contacted me telling me that NSM was scouted for sending a representative to play in a forum-wide tournament (at 2+2 forums).  Bird, vermilionvermin, and I being more attached to LLF, it wouldn't really feel right for us to represent NSM.  I think fank009 already played for last year's games, so he would be out for nominations as well, I believe.

Currently, I would recommend Bubbles as the NSM Representative.  I haven't verified with her on whether she would be busy or if she even wants to, but I also want to inquire for other opinions as well.  Would anyone be interested in participating?

The way the games work is that there are is a sort of preliminary round where every representative participates in one of four games, and the best players of each round participate in a grand final round.  Day Phases are lasting 36 hours, Night Phases 12, when on weekdays.  Half the time when on weekends.  So the games are going to be intense and you'll, evidently, need to be active.

The first game is scheduled for April 6th and the other three will have a set starting date for within the next one to three months afterwards.

If enough people are interested, I'll most likely put the representative to score-based voting (everyone scores each nominee on a 1 to 10 scale and the winning nominee is chosen based on who has the highest average).

To clarify: Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be combined, so the game is slower on weekends: 60 hours for day and 12 hours for night. But Mashi is absolutely right that activity is huge - the game will be much more active than you're used to.

Here's all the info:

The current plan for season 2

•   65 different communities will be represented.
•   1 player per community for the entire season (preferably).
•   5 qualifying games will be played with 13 players each.
•   2 players advance to the finale from each game based on post-game votes.
•   3 additional players are granted wildcard spots.

Game setup

The game will have a very basic mafia setup: 3 mafia members, 7 vanilla townies and 1 cop. The cop starts the game with a random vanilla townie peek. Roles revealed upon death.

Some communities are not very used to playing basic setups like this, but for the first season, we utilized a setup with a good share of power roles, so this time around we are trying something new. For season 3 we will switch it up again.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day. This means the game will last a maximum of 2 weeks.

Timeline

The first game is set to start April 6th. The other four games will take place in the 1-3 months after that. I will make a Doodle and find out the best times to start the 5 games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100 % guarantee that this won't happen).

Links to season 1

Qualifying game #1: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/1-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1368321/

Qualifying game #2: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/2-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1381100/

Qualifying game #3: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/3-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1428519/

Qualifying game #4: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/4-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1439835/

Finale game: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/ultimate-game-mafia-champions-game-thread-1489540/

Mashi

Ahh, my mistake, Thingyman, I misinterpreted the statement you made.  Thank you for the correction.

I'll probably put up a topic later today and people can nominate themselves and/or others for until tomorrow 11PM EDT (just like usual!!!).  I'll have everyone PM me with their scores for each nominee afterwards.

fank009

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 22, 2015, 05:48:01 AMbruh I'm a god player
I also have the award for "most likely to get lynched day 1"
Welcome to fank tier level of playing
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Dude