News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Nintendo in trouble?

Started by DBJack, July 23, 2008, 06:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBJack

http://tech.msn.com/news/articlepcw.aspx?cp-documentid=8815433&GT1=40000

That's a lot of money. Wasn't the Wii-mote designed and developed in Japan? This should be in an international or higher court. And of course Nintendo should appeal.

Anascape doesn't even have a website? All I could find on it in a quick google was this court battle.

You're doing it wrong! Failure!

Davey

Ouch. Well at least I bought mine already. And I know $21mill is alot, but for nintendo? a pittance.

Composer #40

The decision  would only hold up in this country, it should be tried in an international court.  :(

It happens Every. Day!

MetroidHunter26

WAIT WHAT?!?! You mean there going to stop putting out the Classic and Gamecube Controlers?!?!

DBJack

This really should be in an international court of patents. It is also a joke. I'm not surprised that 2 companies working independently came up with similar technology,e specially for something wireless. And the fact that the article is actually named that Wiis will be banned in the US is confusing. What the hell does that mean? Was that also part of the settlement?

And besides, $21 million is an outrageous amount. It might not be much for a giant like Nintendo, but I really do doubt they sold that many wavebirds using 'stolen' technology.

blah54

i think the headline is just what a headline is... trying to draw people in, exaggerating...

i'm surprised though that this has come out now... if there were patent problems, why was there no case about them until now?

well regardless of what happens, it'll put a mark on nintendo's reputation...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

PseudoMario16

well, i dont think that 21mil is really that much to the multi-billion dollar nintendo, but this definatly goes to a higher court.
and nintendo must have had some crappy lawers to lose the trial, so umm...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

SuperFireKirby

I doubt the Wii will be banned in the U.S. Wanna know why? One word. Taxes. Do you realize how much money the U.S. government is making off of the taxes revenue of Wii sales? Millions upon millions. Why do you think tobacco is legal in the U.S. even though it kills 400,00 people in the U.S. every year? Billions of dollars from tax revenue. In fact they spend hundreds of millions of dollars indorsing tobacco farms to keep growing their product.So do really think they're gonna ban the Wii? For those living in the U.S. remember, we have one greedy government.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

iDOWN

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 24, 2008, 10:26:29 AMI doubt the Wii will be banned in the U.S. Wanna know why? One word. Taxes. Do you realize how much money the U.S. government is making off of the taxes revenue of Wii sales? Millions upon millions. Why do you think tobacco is legal in the U.S. even though it kills 400,00 people in the U.S. every year? Billions of dollars from tax revenue. In fact they spend hundreds of millions of dollars indorsing tobacco farms to keep growing their product.So do really think they're gonna ban the Wii? For those living in the U.S. remember, we have one greedy government.
Amen.

Gooch

Quote from: iDOWN on July 24, 2008, 04:00:22 PM
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 24, 2008, 10:26:29 AMI doubt the Wii will be banned in the U.S. Wanna know why? One word. Taxes. Do you realize how much money the U.S. government is making off of the taxes revenue of Wii sales? Millions upon millions. Why do you think tobacco is legal in the U.S. even though it kills 400,00 people in the U.S. every year? Billions of dollars from tax revenue. In fact they spend hundreds of millions of dollars indorsing tobacco farms to keep growing their product.So do really think they're gonna ban the Wii? For those living in the U.S. remember, we have one greedy government.
Amen.

True-er words have never been spoken. It is really a joke that this happened, almost blasphemy that a smaller (and unknown) company took on Nintendo and won! I've never heard of Anascape and its most likely some oversized, acne-ridden, lonely man living in his mothers apartment but happens to have Pheonix Wright as his attorney.

DBJack

PseudoMario16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!