Game: Game & Watch Gallery
Console: Game Boy
Title: Game Select
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: ShyYoshiGuy

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

ShyYoshiGuy

A little birdie told me I didn't have to delete the submission to edit it, oops.
My intro is totally wrong, but that's best I could get it to sound with the drums in the way and all.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Brassman388

Looks fine and sounds fine.

My only thing is I would move a measure from the first system to the second one. It looks a little cluttered up there.

(ctrl+m is your friend)

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 19, 2018, 08:34:27 PMMy only thing is I would move a measure from the first system to the second one. It looks a little cluttered up there.

Still? Ok.

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 19, 2018, 08:34:27 PM(ctrl+m is your friend)

Please tell me about my new friend. How do I use him? Or does Nopepad not like him and therefore exiled him?
I'm stuck in the metaphor, but you get the idea.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

LeviR.star

A couple more comments from me:

- this sheet could benefit from staccatos
- slurs would also be nice where appropriate (but not necessary)
- your mf is intersecting with your notes. Keep it in the middle vertically, but move it horizontally to the left of the notes
- if you manage to move the measure and the notes still seem a little packed in, try seeing if you can change the page size. If not, let us know
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 19, 2018, 09:19:57 PMA couple more comments from me:

- this sheet could benefit from staccatos
- slurs would also be nice where appropriate (but not necessary)
- your mf is intersecting with your notes. Keep it in the middle vertically, but move it horizontally to the left of the notes
- if you manage to move the measure and the notes still seem a little packed in, try seeing if you can change the page size. If not, let us know

I can't do anything of these things. I'll add an inquiry on the Finale Format topic if others agree (but the mf thing for sure)

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 19, 2018, 09:19:57 PM- this sheet could benefit from staccatos

I'm not an expert, but some notes are held longer.

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 19, 2018, 09:19:57 PM- slurs would also be nice where appropriate (but not necessary)

Again, I'm terrible at this, but isn't this a piano? I've never heard of pianos having slurs.

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 19, 2018, 09:19:57 PM- if you manage to move the measure and the notes still seem a little packed in, try seeing if you can change the page size. If not, let us know

I understand the reasoning before, but now there's an odd number of measures. But, I don't know about this kind of stuff, so, ok.

^This all. Positive. It can be read with a negative light, but please don't. You seriously are better at this, no joke. Not passive-aggressive or defensive. Here, I'll put a smiley face,  :) .
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Brassman388

Literally no one is thinking that, which is why I went ahead and did all that for you and more.

Don't get used to this because you need to learn to use your program. Even if it is Nopepad.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j26siugyhqwq5o7/Game%20Select%20%233%20edit1.mus?dl=0

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 22, 2018, 12:33:54 AMLiterally no one is thinking that
Thinking what?

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 22, 2018, 12:33:54 AMDon't get used to this
Well, I mean, thank you, but I was gonna put it on the Finale Edits post anyway.

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 22, 2018, 12:33:54 AMbecause you need to learn to use your program. Even if it is Nopepad.
Ok, I understand something like the tempo because I was able to do it all along with TheGavstr3's (I hope I spelled that right) post. But I'm almost positive Nopepad can't do the things you just did. Or are you trying to tell me you used Notepad for that? In that case, I definitely need to learn Notepad.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Libera

I'd be very surprised if you can't do staccatos and slurs in notepad.  But then again I haven't used it in ages.

ShyYoshiGuy

I just went on my computer, and there aren't staccatos, but there are slurs.

And was the intro actually ok?
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Brassman388

The intro in terms of tones not entirely correct, but since this was your first sheet(?) I didn't want to go to hard on your first criticisms. Youtube has the ability to slow down their audio and video for you to pick some of those notes out.

I would be very surprised and almost disappointed if you couldn't use staccatos in notepad. Google is your friend if you're having trouble with something.

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 23, 2018, 06:39:06 PMfirst sheet(?)
Let's go with that.

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 23, 2018, 06:39:06 PMI would be very surprised and almost disappointed if you couldn't use staccatos in notepad. Google is your friend if you're having trouble with something.
Yeah, ok... I used Google. You're right. I need to learn Nopepad.

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 23, 2018, 06:39:06 PMThe intro in terms of tones was not entirely correct
Was the rhythm at least ok?

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 23, 2018, 06:39:06 PMI didn't want to go to hard on your first criticisms.
Go ahead.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Brassman388

Fix the first measure. Slow down the track and pick out each tone and rhythm by ear using whatever tools you have.

I don't think it's entirely incorrect, but it is missing something.

mastersuperfan

It's worth keeping in mind that, from what I can tell, there's actually an eighth rest in the first measure before any notes play. If you're assuming that the first note in the intro lands on beat 1 of m1, that's already going to mess you up.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

ShyYoshiGuy

Ok, ok. I'll take that in mind.

Edit: Still working on the first bar.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!