Series: Other
Game: Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Acorn Trail/Sea Spray Park
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brassman388

Very accurate in terms of tones and stuff.

I didn't want to write a long-winded thing about the stuff that you should fix because I know you hate using notepad. So I went ahead and fixed everything I thought could be improved upon.

Let me know if you have any questions about anything I changed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/isu7zd7nbx1whnq/Acorn%20Trail%20edit1.mus?dl=0

Altissimo

I actually have full finale but I do hate it with the burning passion of a thousand fiery suns so thanks lol

anyway I'm not picky about my arrangements usually, so I'll probably go ahead and use that since it is cleaner, but first I wanted to ask about something. mm 9-16 it looks like you added some chord tones that weren't literally there in my version, did I miss them in the original or did you add them to get some nice fuller harmonies? Just curious.

Brassman388

I added them to give more of a harmonic direction, yes. I'm a big fan of catching the implied harmony especially if it makes the arrangement sound much fuller and makes it much easier for the performer to play, I feel.

Let me know if I can help in any way possible. I literally don't mind.

Altissimo

nah u good dude i really dont care that much, it sounds good, im gonna put it in lmao

(my thing about arrangements is i do them and if people have better suggestions well ill damn well take them! Usually.)

Brassman388

Sebastian

Nice work.
Some feedback:
- Move the eighth rest in M. 1 down two button clicks. For some reason, it's not centered in the staff.
- I would recommend using one 8va from M. 17-24 instead of using two.
- I like how the eighth rests (layer 2) are organized in M. 21-23. The ones in M. 9-11 & 17-19 are messy, however. I would recommend having the ones in 9-11 & 17-19 match the ones in M. 21-23 (centering the eighths in the staff) not only for consistency's sake but also so it doesn't look messy. Also, feel free to adjust the ones in the first layer in those measures if you wish.
- I'd recommend courtesy accidentals in M. 2, 6, 8, & 11 (LH) and in M. 11 (RH).

That's all I have for this one!

AmpharosAndy

well done on a really nice and clean arrangement :) When playing through, I find the first the very first chord better with the e in the rh and c in the lh. This way of playing that left hand pattern makes it a lot easier whenever it repeats. Writing that in the score would make it seem a lot more friendly too.
innit

Altissimo

If I did that I would have to do it everywhere to be consistent and it doesn't really work in m. 7 lol. Willing to hear other thoughts though!

Brassman388

I don't feel like it's a big deal. Yes, it would eliminate the 10th, but the reason that pattern is there is because of how often it occurs and so on.

It's a jump that would need practicing, and I feel that playing it would offer a meaningful challenge.

Latios212

Looks good to me as written.

Just one thing I need to point out for now:

You cannot view this attachment.

The notes that have accidentals at the beginning of the measure are a bit horizontally crushed. Less space between the barline at the accidental, and between the note and the following note. Let me know if you need help fixing this.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

its because the accidental literally overlapped the barline because finale is an absolute disaster of a product so i have to move the notes manually in order to make it work

hold on ill edit it

edit: better?

Latios212

Better, yes, but still looks slightly off - there shouldn't be a need to manually move the notes. Finale respaces around accidentals automatically.

Here, I re-entered the notes in 8 and 11 for you.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle