Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Shiveria: Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

LeviR.star

This is a swell sheet, but why not just use a pickup measure at the beginning?

Also, I've wondered something about your recent sheets; the 8va doesn't look like the general Maestro format. Is there a reason?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 13, 2018, 06:28:10 PMThis is a swell sheet, but why not just use a pickup measure at the beginning?
Usually, in 6/8 time, I'll leave the measure whole. Also, I like it for counting reasons and I feel it'd be helpful for those that want to count out the song. If encouraged more, I guess I could change it.

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 13, 2018, 06:28:10 PMAlso, I've wondered something about your recent sheets; the 8va doesn't look like the general Maestro format. Is there a reason?
I don't use the Maestro font. I use the Engraver font set.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Sebastian on August 13, 2018, 06:32:04 PMUsually, in 6/8 time, I'll leave the measure whole. Also, I like it for counting reasons and I feel it'd be helpful for those that want to count out the song. If encouraged more, I guess I could change it.
I don't use the Maestro font. I use the Engraver font set.

Ok, just checking. That makes sense.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

I too support the use of a pickup measure. Even though the 16th notes are in strict time, they serve as a, well... pickup to the main melody; I'd personally almost consider them grace notes. Besides, you're not including the percussive intro, so I don't think it's needed to count in. That's not saying you have to use the pickup measure, though, if you don't want to. But that's why I'd suggest doing so.

Small thing: the grace notes in m. 34 are difficult to execute properly. Take another look and see if you want to keep those or not.

Other than that, it really looks terrific to me! That's all I have, very nice work!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on August 13, 2018, 07:13:32 PMI too support the use of a pickup measure. Even though the 16th notes are in strict time, they serve as a, well... pickup to the main melody; I'd personally almost consider them grace notes. Besides, you're not including the percussive intro, so I don't think it's needed to count in. That's not saying you have to use the pickup measure, though, if you don't want to. But that's why I'd suggest doing so.
That's a good point. Besides, anyone can count an extra measure in their head if they need to. Fixed.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 13, 2018, 07:13:32 PMSmall thing: the grace notes in m. 34 are difficult to execute properly. Take another look and see if you want to keep those or not.
Oh, poo. I meant to make that measure similar to the other LH measure with parentheses. Fixed.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 13, 2018, 07:13:32 PMOther than that, it really looks terrific to me! That's all I have, very nice work!
Thanks! :))

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot