News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

TWG CX: Jailhouse Rock Game Thread

Started by mikey, August 11, 2018, 05:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShyYoshiGuy

First, wow that's a lot of messages. Second:

Quote from: Toby on August 14, 2018, 12:31:18 AMThis is so lazy and disgusting and I feel like you're talking bout bds nd not me.

If you jail me and don't jail strongman specifically tomorrow we lose, so you do kinda have to think about your vote

You're the one that started it. Reaction tests are too meta, and it's hard to draw conclusions from them. But this one is more clear. BDS sorta made his own reaction test and you kinda failed. Now you're just making everything more hostile.

Quote from: Toby on August 14, 2018, 12:31:18 AMdisgusting

I mean, c'mon. "Disgusting". That's a little too much. You want me to join your side because you call me "Disgusting"? That's not how that works.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

BrainyLucario

Bds this whole argument seems a little petty. I don't think Toby should be the one we jail
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on August 14, 2018, 05:10:33 AMhow can you not agree they are sheeping what the fuck

Their posts pretty much say it
I meant that it was somewhat ironic that you tried to guilt them into not "sheeping" when that's exactly what you tried to do with them and Tras.

Quote from: Toby on August 14, 2018, 05:14:26 AMThe point of a reaction test is to look for a reaction and then come to a conclusion. Me town reading him was my conclusion not back-pedalling. You're just trying to turn this into something it's not
I'm still not convinced it wasn't back-pedaling after he called you out. Then you tried to paint it as if it was a reaction test.

Quote from: Toby on August 14, 2018, 05:20:04 AMLike I say tras is acting excited,,,, he made one post with no emotion and just answered someone's question, he didn't offer anything to the table yet. If you think I though I could convince everyone tras was excited like his usual wolf behaviour you're delusional and must think either very low of me or so high of me that I can turn literally nothing into its complete opposite and that's just not possible
I mean, if you think people are just sheeping when I think there's a pretty strong argument for you, then it's reasonable to think that you assumed people would sheep you without even checking back on Tras.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on August 14, 2018, 06:11:13 AMYou're the one that started it. Reaction tests are too meta, and it's hard to draw conclusions from them. But this one is more clear. BDS sorta made his own reaction test and you kinda failed. Now you're just making everything more hostile.
It's not just that he did a reaction test, it's that the type of reaction test he claims he was doing is an extremely poor kind of reaction test, and is pretty much the type of test a wolf would carry out to either bait people into voting for a human, or try to give themselves human points for.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 14, 2018, 08:18:02 AMBds this whole argument seems a little petty. I don't think Toby should be the one we jail
Ok, first of all: Why.

Secondly: Why.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Basically, as long as people don't recognize the "reaction test" for what it is (i.e. a trick), it's a win-win situation for the wolf.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Toby

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on August 11, 2018, 11:12:48 PMLet's get talking, then. We can just choose someone to start with? What have we got to lose? If they refuse, it'd be easy to suspect Strongman (depending on timing). If they don't, then at least we have a chance of catching the Jailkeeper.

This reads hella suspicious but I'm going to take a town lean on it. We have a lot to lose from picking the wrong person and if this was a wolf saying it I could only believe it being said to be deceitful, and not because of their lack of knowledge on the game. And I don't believe n1p2 is the type to believe they can convince everyone to willy nilly vote a person because we have 'nothing to lose'. I don't think they believe they could deceive us like that and us be that stupid.

So I'm going to say this was likely a fault on a humans part. I think a wolf would be more aware of how beneficial wrong jailing are, and as I already said, I don't see a wolf trying to deceive us otherwise

Toby

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 12, 2018, 08:48:19 AMThanks for not giving me a notification on discord Mikey. Anyhoo, I'm here now.

This is a bit reachy but wolves likely have wolf chat on discord that mikey set up at beginning of game and I don't see brainy referencing a discord notification from mikey, in any form, if they were a wolf.

Toby

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on August 13, 2018, 02:10:14 PMHello. I'm alive. There's nothing really to discuss yet. We all claim human, right? Good.

This post shows me a lack of interest to find their own discussion points, and bds has already brought up one on me. It's possible I guess shyguy ignored bds' point on me to distance himself from his partner if shyguy/bds are wolves, but I think in general it's more likely he just had no interest in getting stuck into discussion.

I've been wondering what to think about the 'we all claim human' part because there's the Jailkeeper, and shyguy's burst in with 'hello I'm alive' makes it seem like the game start was a surprise to him and he may not have read the opening post and be completely familiar with the roles at this point. Before this game officially started I was unaware the jailkeeper was told they were human, I'm wondering how clued up shyguy was on the games roles at this point as saying 'we all claim human' to me suggests that either 1. He is aware that the jailkeeper is also known as a normal human or 2. He is a wolf, and using the term human to describe what he is trying to appear as.

Bit of complicated thought here

Toby

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 13, 2018, 03:29:51 PMThere's always something to discuss. Using that as an excuse to not say something isn't very helpful

I like brainy paying attention to the game and conflicting with shy guy

Toby

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on August 13, 2018, 06:31:25 PMLike I mentioned, it really shouldn't matter to literally everyone except the Strongman if they get jailed or not.

Because everyone will get out the next day scot free.

If Toby rejects to getting jailed, then he is Strongman; if not, he has a 1/5 chance of being innocent.. (and with everyone else).

Also, Yes, inactivity, and also I work from roughly 7:30/8:30AM-4/5PM MST 5 days a week. If I don't talk when it's convenient for everyone else, I have a real excuse haha. I always check when I get home though.

I'd be willing to vote Toby just to start somewhere, however, BDS is going ham on starting off with Toby from something not really that big of a deal, imo.

This post from n1p2 suggests they are clued up on the game, but I'm finding it hard as to why they don't think jailings are too harmful. So I'm worried about my position with them and maybe they are just looking to try and deceive us ???

Toby

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on August 13, 2018, 06:48:53 PMI don't know why we have to continue this phase, but if this is what it takes to move on, Toby. I don't like how you created an argument from nothing, but I'll go with it. I'm excited for when there's something real to argue about next day phase.

And this vote from shyguy is just showing complete disinterest in looking to aid the human team and just wanting things to move on quickly. He makes the 3rd vote which might make him feel safe about his position in making it, but he offers no real involvement with it.

Voting just to speed up the game in a 6 player game??? How short do you want this game to be, you seemed eager to get it started.

I also didn't create a real argument from nothing. It was to start discussion and gain more info on tras which clearly worked

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Toby on August 14, 2018, 10:57:21 AMThis post shows me a lack of interest to find their own discussion points, and bds has already brought up one on me. It's possible I guess shyguy ignored bds' point on me to distance himself from his partner if shyguy/bds are wolves, but I think in general it's more likely he just had no interest in getting stuck into discussion.

I've been wondering what to think about the 'we all claim human' part because there's the Jailkeeper, and shyguy's burst in with 'hello I'm alive' makes it seem like the game start was a surprise to him and he may not have read the opening post and be completely familiar with the roles at this point. Before this game officially started I was unaware the jailkeeper was told they were human, I'm wondering how clued up shyguy was on the games roles at this point as saying 'we all claim human' to me suggests that either 1. He is aware that the jailkeeper is also known as a normal human or 2. He is a wolf, and using the term human to describe what he is trying to appear as.

Bit of complicated thought here

Um, yeah, I was aware Jailkeeper doesn't know who they are. I read the rules. I commented because you were wondering where I was.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Toby

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on August 14, 2018, 06:11:13 AMFirst, wow that's a lot of messages. Second:

You're the one that started it. Reaction tests are too meta, and it's hard to draw conclusions from them. But this one is more clear. BDS sorta made his own reaction test and you kinda failed. Now you're just making everything more hostile.

I mean, c'mon. "Disgusting". That's a little too much. You want me to join your side because you call me "Disgusting"? That's not how that works.

Reaction tests are too meta? What. Too hard to draw conclusions? Speak for yourself. How did bds make any reaction test, he is being surprisingly genuine about his points. Hostile is barely alignment indicate I'm just lol'ling because it's petty and wrong and brainy seemed to somewhat agree

Do you not agree it's disgusting to vote just because you want the game to move quicker ?

Toby

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on August 14, 2018, 11:06:45 AMUm, yeah, I was aware Jailkeeper doesn't know who they are. I read the rules. I commented because you were wondering where I was.

Ok